book publishing

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2017, 05:35 AM
Default book publishing

Need help from a published author to help me publish a book
Old 09-27-2017, 06:57 AM

It's relatively simple, but not necessarily 'easy'.

Google 'Kindle Direct Publishing' for a detailed guide. Amazon can handle both your ebook and paper version. You can also publish the ebook with Barnes & Noble, iTunes, Kobo, and various other smaller platforms.

Go to kboards.com and start reading 'Writer's Cafe'. This is a wonderful resource for writers of all levels. If you start reading from the very beginning you will eventually earn the equivalent of an MFA.

If you want to get into bookstores you will usually need a reputable literary agent. Finding one is not easy. The key is they will find you once your ebook starts selling well. Amazon keeps a close eye on Kindle sales and will offer you a traditional publishing contract if you're selling well.

Do not pay money to anyone except professional editors, cover artists, and web designers. If you want to join the big leagues you will need these services. Earning money from writing is a business and will require an investment from you in both time and money.

Of course, if you're just doing this for fun then you can pretty much make your own rules.

Good luck!
Old 09-27-2017, 09:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw1970 View Post
Need help from a published author to help me publish a book
I saw on line that you can have your book published into an e-book quite easily. If you do a Google search all kinds of possibilities come up.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:54 PM
Platinum member

I believe there is a club here in The Villages that will help you with publishing your book. Check out the districtgov.org site for a listing of clubs.

Tags
book, publish, author, published, publishing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.