bought new home in TVs what washers did you buy?

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2012, 06:18 PM

When we replaced our GE washer and dryer from TV I did a lot of research online. I also tried the front loaders at my kids houses. They tangle clothing. They have mildew odors if not immediately wiped out after use. You cannot add anything once they are started. They also have digital panels for expensive future repairs. I chose Speed Queen! They are made in America , have a 3year warranty, 10 year on the transmission. I don't want fancy I want functional. I want the work horse model. I have been very satisfied with my choice. Mine was ordered from a dealer in Belleview. I think it is well worth looking at this line. Delivery was included.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:21 PM

I have had the same problem as Cfrance, my top loading machine is simply not filling up with enough water to wet the clothes. I have had it for two years. I had a Maytag Neptune at home and it was great for many years. I replaced it with an LG that shook the entire house and replaced that with a Maytag after a year. Not totally satisfied with that machine either, but this one down here is the worst of all. I am done with high efficiency.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:12 PM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNIS G View Post
We bought front loaders. Both are Samsung with steam on both. They are great and my wife loves them. Got them at Lowes, they installed free, also got the pedestals for both.
I also have the Samsung front loaders with steam. LOVE the steam feature! They are quiet, energy efficient and easy on the clothing. Also large capacity which I love for bedding.

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 11-01-2012, 10:24 PM

We bought front loaders, both are LG with steam. If you buy front loaders buy the pedestals for both or you will be back to buy them. Also we can't say how we like them because close on our house Nov 16> We also bought ours from Best Buy along with our Samsung refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:23 AM
Veteran member
Default Speed Queen

We bought Speed Queen. They are US made. No plastic gears to wear out and no electronics for lightning to damage. Reminds me of the "old Maytag" we had for 25 years.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:25 AM
Veteran member

We went with the top loaders. No problem with mildew and having to wipe down the door gasket to prevent it. Also, with the front loaders, many times if a liquid bleach is used for whites, we have had dark clothes spotted because of bleach still in the dispenser. Not enough water to thoroughly disperse it.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Default Shout Out for Electrolux

I read many reviews before deciding on the Sears Kenmore front-loader brand made by Electrolux. I usually swear by Consumers Report, but then after reading customer reviews on Best Buy, Home Depot, and Lowes as well as CR, decided against their top rated models.
Here's what I LOVE about the Electrolux front loader: you CAN add things after it starts without the tub draining...I think it's about 5 minutes to do so and it is great.
It is made in the USA!
The washer has a concrete slab in the bottom, so it doesn't wander. Sears professionally installs.
The door is adjustable to hinge on left or right and you don't pay extra for the kit. The standard configuration worked for me.
The reminder "bell" is not an annoying buzzer, but a lovely chime.
My laundry room is next to the kitchen, and with the laundry room door closed, I don't hear it operate.
It has a 15 minute quick wash cycle not normally found on washers.
The water gets really hot as it has an inline heater.
It cleans wonderful.
I did not order the pedestals because I want to fold on top, so yes I do have to bend over a bit.
The interior lights are blue.
And last but not least, I ordered the "Blackberry" color (only at Sears) which is really rich looking and my laundry is a pass-thru to the garage.
I had a front-loading Whirlpool with a great rating up north, but NEVER ever liked it. So very happy with my new set even though I choked initially on the price. <smile> Ask for military discount at Sears if applicable!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodgirl View Post
I also have the Samsung front loaders with steam. LOVE the steam feature! They are quiet, energy efficient and easy on the clothing. Also large capacity which I love for bedding.
This is also what I have and am very pleased with performance, however I did not get the pedestals because I think they raise them too much to use for folding, etc. and make them too close to the cabinets above. I would like them raised a little and hope one of these days to have a small platform built to put them on.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.