Bridge instructions

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Default Bridge instructions

Would like to find someone willing to teach beginning bridge either in my home or yours to my 51 yr. old son who is recuperating from a stroke.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Sal, what level of bridge are you looking at? Just nice, friendly party game or duplicate? I can probably get you some names once I know what you and your son want.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Default Bridge instructions

I'm looking for the very basic instructions for someone who has never played before.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:19 AM
Sage

But the question is what level of play is your son striving for? There is a difference between conventions for party bridge and duplicate. That's why I'm asking. The other question is do you want private lessons or group lessons in a private home okay?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Default bridge instructions

Thanks for trying to help. I have found a class for beginners that will work well for him. He suffered a stroke last November and is down here recuperating. He just wants to learn social bridge so he can have some interaction with people. Again, thanks.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Sage

If he discovers the pace of the class is too fast because of the stroke, send me a PM and I'll give you the name of a couple of people that give private lessons. If you can find someone to take the lessons with him so that he'll have a partner, all the better. I wish him luck! (I love the game and if he ever needs any help or has questions, don't hesitate to contact me.)

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.