Bring Back Katie Belles

Old 04-23-2024, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
I was in The Villages sales center, I heard 15 different people, in one hour, say they would buy a house in T/he Villages if “Katie Belle’s was still open, but since it closed, they are going to On Top of thr World
Does Top of the World have a "Katie Belles"?
Old 04-23-2024, 08:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlebasset View Post
Does Top of the World have a "Katie Belles"?
....and if so, are The Carpenters on a continuous track
Old 04-23-2024, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Katie Bells closed because it wasn't earning enough revenue to stay open. The reason so many people loved it, was because they could buy the cheapest drink the two-drink minimum would allow them to get, and stay there for 4-5 hours enjoying the entertainment without having to spend another dime.
I don't buy that argument. Katie Belle's had many people who spent money. My belief is that the Developer had other plans. There is no other place like it in The Villages.
Old 04-23-2024, 08:40 AM
Veteran member

Katie Belles from beyond the grave just PM me....”I’m tired, leave me alone, move on. Also, no drink minimums up here!”
Old 04-23-2024, 08:51 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,791 Times in 3,654 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraines View Post
I don't buy that argument. Katie Belle's had many people who spent money. My belief is that the Developer had other plans. There is no other place like it in The Villages.
IF, IF, IF & IF.............It was making money and the Developer had other plans.............why close a profitable establishment and have it sit empty and have negative ROI for months and months and months while plans are approved and permits are obtained??? Why not run the profitable establishment until the wrecking ball shows up???

Old 04-23-2024, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
Katie Bells closed. Nothing they have put in that location has been successful.
Come to think of it, what is the deal with most/many of the Restaurants in Spanish Springs eventually close up?
The Developer wants to put all his buddie's restaurants in there. And why is it taking so long to move MVP?
Old 04-23-2024, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,311 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Katie Bells closed because it wasn't earning enough revenue to stay open. The reason so many people loved it, was because they could buy the cheapest drink the two-drink minimum would allow them to get, and stay there for 4-5 hours enjoying the entertainment without having to spend another dime.
Not all business close for "lack of revenue to stay open". Case in point - Margarita Republic. Never once have I seen it published by the Morse family that KB was not making a profit. Other more profitable plans ? Maybe. Getting out of the food business - more likely. The food business requires lots of time and attention. Just keeping help and avoiding spoilage are tedious tasks at best. Time better spent concentrating on their primary business - developing. If you speculate even deeper they were competing with the other restaurants on the square - the very businesses they are leasing their property to. Probably not the ace of trump when it comes to lease renegotiation. The demand doesn't seem so high for restaurant space. How long has Margarita Republic been closed for ? Also the dinner theater thing was also somewhat competing with their other business - The Sharon.

Last edited by rustyp; 04-23-2024 at 02:38 PM.
Old 04-23-2024, 10:09 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,105 Times in 302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
I was in The Villages sales center, I heard 15 different people, in one hour, say they would buy a house in T/he Villages if “Katie Belle’s was still open, but since it closed, they are going to On Top of thr World
No kidding? When I was there, it was all about the free executive golf and the free entertainment at the squares. Good thing those amenities still make lots of money for the Morse's or we'd really be out of luck! That could never happen, right?
Old 04-23-2024, 10:10 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,777 Times in 515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
IF, IF, IF & IF.............It was making money and the Developer had other plans.............why close a profitable establishment and have it sit empty and have negative ROI for months and months and months while plans are approved and permits are obtained??? Why not run the profitable establishment until the wrecking ball shows up???

Stop making sense. Too many here won't ever understand.

Old 04-23-2024, 10:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

If KB was such a profitable enterprise, don't you think some smart entrepreneur would have recognized the profit potential and opened a similar venue????? Sheesh, let that poor dead horse rest in peace instead of pieces.

Tags
katie, belles, bring, theatres, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.