Bring Back Katie Belles

Old 04-22-2024, 12:50 PM

[QUOTE=dhdallas;2323920]OMG, aren't you ancient people who are stuck in the past dead yet! If KB's was so "cool", then why didn't enough people go there to keep it financially afloat? The business was not profitable. That issue is long dead and buried. It is not ever coming back nor are the vacant theaters. Get over it![/QUOTE

Wow, what a hateful post
Old 04-22-2024, 12:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,040 Times in 1,753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
Sawgrass IS the new Katie Belle’s owned by the developer and those of us who built / bought near it are loving it. Also looking forward to the newest town square coming soon near us at Eastport !
You are correct and Katie Belles was in the “older” section. And it was a developer “perk” perhaps to the residents. Yes, not strictly a money-maker. Those times are gone, now it is time for “the survival of the fittest” monetarily. It is sad for those who knew better and the “young uns” now are trying to justify what they don’t have to make themselves feel better.
Old 04-22-2024, 01:08 PM
Default Katie Belles

Katie Belles was Fabulous! The family closed it permanently when the pandemic started..The developer has sold ALL his restaurants & wants no part of that anymore...The Rialto theatre in Sp Springs is going to be the site of the new Genesis Health Club {under consruction now} Those were the days-Have dinner, great bands playing for 4 hours for dancing...Never be another Katie Belles!
Old 04-22-2024, 01:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
You are correct and Katie Belles was in the “older” section. And it was a developer “perk” perhaps to the residents. Yes, not strictly a money-maker. Those times are gone, now it is time for “the survival of the fittest” monetarily. It is sad for those who knew better and the “young uns” now are trying to justify what they don’t have to make themselves feel better.
I’m sure it was opened to make money and when it didn’t, it
closed, just like Sawgrass will if they don’t start policing people bringing in drinks from the outside.

Old 04-22-2024, 01:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,040 Times in 1,753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
I’m sure it was opened to make money and when it didn’t, it
closed, just like Sawgrass will if they don’t start policing people bringing in drinks from the outside.
(Smile) I guess you can’t even imagine the kind of times that once existed… I’m not saying that Mr Schwartz wasn’t an excellent business man, only that he was much more.
Old 04-22-2024, 02:51 PM

First of all, Katie Belles was always packed, especially on weekends. If they werem't making money it wasn't because people weren't come in the front door. As for the theater in Brownwood, the decent thing to do is to reopen that venue so people in the south can have a movie theater accessible to them in the evening hours.
''''''
Old 04-22-2024, 03:59 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,789 Times in 3,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUCdaze View Post
(1) First of all, Katie Belles was always packed, especially on weekends. If they werem't making money it wasn't because people weren't come in the front door. (2) As for the theater in Brownwood, the decent thing to do is to reopen that venue so people in the south can have a movie theater accessible to them in the evening hours.
''''''
(1)......IF true about weekends, you can't make money on two days per week. It does matter if "it's packed", if the people are not purchasing.

(2) Again, if it was profitable...........it would be open. The Family would love to lease the facility to you, it's "the decent thing" for you to do.
Old 04-22-2024, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
As a Gen Xer, yes totally correct. No interest in that. Edna's or Sawgrass are more interesting venues where you can do what you want, order a drink or food if you decide to, but if you don't feel like buying a drink or food that day, the music is still free to listen to. Just bring your own chair.
Sawgrass is a disappointment to me. Most of the folks listening to music bring their own drinks. The food there is overpriced and not very good. McGrady’s is never full. Will be interesting to see the future of that place . The concept was great on the drawing board.
Old 04-22-2024, 05:17 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,681 Times in 449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGirl View Post
Sawgrass is a disappointment to me. Most of the folks listening to music bring their own drinks. The food there is overpriced and not very good. McGrady’s is never full. Will be interesting to see the future of that place . The concept was great on the drawing board.
Sawgrass keeps growing in popularity. During the month of March, the available tables were starting to fill up 2 1/2 hours before Boozey Bingo on Monday nights. The lines waiting for cards, stretched from the stage clear out to the parking lot, and they ran out of cards several weeks in a row. It’s been a challenge getting tickets to the Show Kitchen this spring, with several classes selling out within hours of going on sale. The Villages Grown Market seems to be doing brisk business, and I shop there weekly for better-than-organic greens and herbs.

Sawgrass has been a very popular venue, and it keeps getting more and more crowded, as evidenced by the full parking lot on many evenings.

Once again, it appears the developer knows what they are doing, and seldom missteps.

Last edited by Michael 61; 04-22-2024 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-22-2024, 05:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
When any decent band is playing Sawgrass it's a fight to get a reasonably decent parking spot and also fairly crowded where you pretty much need to bring your own chairs (which I don't mind at all).

Who cares if some people bring in their own drinks? I honestly think it's better that they don't overpolice a venue like that. More than enough people are buying drinks and buying food. I usually buy drinks and sometimes food but sometimes I'm just stopping buy with a coffee or my water bottle to watch the band do a few songs.

The pizza is around $18 and is a decent lunch or light dinner for 2 people. I find the pizza to be definitely above average. What are you expecting to pay per person for something like that? At Five Guys in Brownwood a Cheesburger and Fries (no drink) is $19.

I agree that McGrady's is a missed opportunity. The theme is just a complete miss and doesn't match what anyone wants. Hopefully they'll figure out a better concept or go with something tried, true and popular like City Fire.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,311 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
Sawgrass keeps growing in popularity. During the month of March, the available tables were starting to fill up 2 1/2 hours before Boozey Bingo on Monday nights. The lines waiting for cards, stretched from the stage clear out to the parking lot, and they ran out of cards several weeks in a row. It’s been a challenge getting tickets to the Show Kitchen this spring, with several classes selling out within hours of going on sale. The Villages Grown Market seems to be doing brisk business, and I shop there weekly for better-than-organic greens and herbs.

Sawgrass has been a very popular venue, and it keeps getting more and more crowded, as evidenced by the full parking lot on many evenings.

Once again, it appears the developer knows what they are doing, and seldom missteps.
Sawgrass will go the same route as Katie Belles once Eastport opens.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,617 Times in 948 Posts

I was in The Villages sales center, I heard 15 different people, in one hour, say they would buy a house in T/he Villages if “Katie Belle’s was still open, but since it closed, they are going to On Top of thr World
Old 04-23-2024, 05:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,617 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
So they monitor outside alcohol at LSL, SS and Brownwood, but they don’t a Sawgrass. Totally makes sense.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,311 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
I was in The Villages sales center, I heard 15 different people, in one hour, say they would buy a house in T/he Villages if “Katie Belle’s was still open, but since it closed, they are going to On Top of thr World
Coincidence ? We must have been in the sales center at the same time. Did you exaggerate ? I counted 14.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:58 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,789 Times in 3,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
They are definitely not looking for TV Life Style.

Tags
katie, belles, bring, theatres, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.