Broward Factory Service Agreements. Buyer Beware

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2022, 10:07 AM

I have Browards and I have the gold package, had them for more than 10 years. I have had a couple of problems with various appliances, and so far they fixed them all. I would definitely recommend them, especially if your home is under 10 yrs old. Most, if not all appliances have a 10 year parts warranty so there is no charge for repair. So far I have not had to have anything replaced. I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. I think it’s worth the peace of mind.
Old 07-09-2022, 01:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,740 Times in 5,254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-SRT View Post
I have Browards and I have the gold package, had them for more than 10 years. I have had a couple of problems with various appliances, and so far they fixed them all. I would definitely recommend them, especially if your home is under 10 yrs old. Most, if not all appliances have a 10 year parts warranty so there is no charge for repair. So far I have not had to have anything replaced. I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. I think it’s worth the peace of mind.
I don't know what kind of appliances you have, but I have never owned an appliance that had more than a 1 or 2 year parts warranty, except for an HVAC unit.
Old 07-09-2022, 02:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
In general, home warranties are definitely a bad deal. I understand that only about 8 percent of the premiums charged are used to make repairs. You will never get a local high quality repair company because they aren't going to share their profit with a warranty company. So, don't be surprised if some guy in a pickup truck from Ocala or Orlando comes to your house. You usually have no option to replace an appliance instead of repairing it. But, the worst part is that the warranty company may not be available for several days, even when you need an HVAC unit or a water heater repaired. There are good companies in The Villages who can respond to replace a water heater or repair an HVAC unit usually in less than 24 hours.
i can't tell you how many times i heard that story, but enough to know i should avoid these plans. even clark howard agrees they aren't worth the money
Closed Thread

Tags
covered, broward, agreement, washer, appliances

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.