Brownwood location- what were they thinking?!!

Closed Thread
Old 02-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I agree it should have been built in the middle between Morse and Buena
vista...this is not for the convience of The Villagers...it is to bring in Wildwood people ....they want to make money....but who is going to spend more money on the square....who is going to buy more drinks....I am very disappointed in the location...,but they don't care.
Oh but they do care. Their goal is to continue running a profitable business, and to do it they need to have goobs of customers for the businesses that will locate there. Would you prefer a very successful center filled with a vibrant business community or one struggling to only serve TVers?
Old 02-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Oh but they do care. Their goal is to continue running a profitable business, and to do it they need to have goobs of customers for the businesses that will locate there. Would you prefer a very successful center filled with a vibrant business community or one struggling to only serve TVers?
Spot on. In order to attract the types of businesses Villagers enjoy, TV must show demographics that suggest success. For these businesses to be successful they must have sufficient clientele all year round, not just Jan. through April. That means they need to be readily accessible to more than just Villagers. In other threads, it is argued that Costco and others won't come here because TV by itself is not a large enough customer base. Locating Brownwood where it is allows it to draw from Wildwood and even from the Turnpike and I-75. Perhaps that will entice some of the businesses we want to come here.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:05 PM

I'd rather have the new Town Center there then to have home backing up to Route 44. A lot of traffic on that road. Seems like good urban planning to me.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I cannot imagine a 11,135 views and 107 posts so far on this thread.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:24 PM

Okay, so I'm the guy that started this thread and I get what everyone is saying about the the business end of the decision to place Brownwood closer to the general public. I guess I'm lamenting the fact that fewer Villagers will have the ease and enjoyment of walking or taking a short ride to this new square. We own in Virginia Trace and love the accessibility of Lake Sumter Landing to our home. The thing about LSL is that its centrally located and there are many, many Villages that have easy access to it- its surrounded by so many TVers!
I just feel bad that fewer people will enjoy the same proximity with Brownwood- the feeling that its your town square. I have to say it felt like a loooong drive from our area. Just sayin' is all.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati1974 View Post
Okay, so I'm the guy that started this thread and I get what everyone is saying about the the business end of the decision to place Brownwood closer to the general public. I guess I'm lamenting the fact that fewer Villagers will have the ease and enjoyment of walking or taking a short ride to this new square. We own in Virginia Trace and love the accessibility of Lake Sumter Landing to our home. The thing about LSL is that its centrally located and there are many, many Villages that have easy access to it- its surrounded by so many TVers!
I just feel bad that fewer people will enjoy the same proximity with Brownwood- the feeling that its your town square. I have to say it felt like a loooong drive from our area. Just sayin' is all.
You DO realize that all that empty space along Buena Vista between 466a and 44 will one day BE villages?
Old 02-29-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati1974 View Post
Fewer TVers for now. Brownwood will be a short drive for more and more people as the building of homes continues in the area. And there will be more and more people that find LSL a long drive. SS may be out of the question by cart for some. Bottom line, don't worry it'll all work out.

Jim
Old 02-29-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You DO realize that all that empty space along Buena Vista between 466a and 44 will one day BE villages?
Of course I do, however Brownwood will be in the SW corner of the area which limits the number of Villages in close proximity as opposed to a central location. Again I understand the business concept and agree the planners have done a great job all along- I'm just looking at it as Villager not a business concept.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Well Car. You are in the middle of something, we all are. I would say that we are in the middle. (466 between Buena Vista and Morse)

Come on...let's see who else thinks they are in the middle.
What a hoot, everyone thinks they are in the middle.

But seriously, we really ARE in the middle. Belvedere Village, south of 466.
15 minutes to Spanish Springs, 8 minutes to Lake Sumter Landing, and probably 15 minutes to Brownwood.

And best of all, 2 minutes to Bonefish Grill! Oh, wait, that's another thread...
Old 02-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Platinum member

Think Happy Hour. We know why it's been 2 hours in SS and 1 hour in LSL. Using developer logic, expect a 3 hour HH for Brownwood. It's worked before and it will work again for them!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Veteran member

From Tamarind Grove we are about 15-20 minutes (in a golf cart) from LSL and I’m guessing that we’ll be about 15-20 minutes from Brownwood...so we’re in the middle too...at least as far as town squares are concerned.

But (at this time) we are in the boonies as far as grocery, gas, restaraunts and hardware stores are concerned.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:59 PM
Gold member
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
From Tamarind Grove we are about 15-20 minutes (in a golf cart) from LSL and I’m guessing that we’ll be about 15-20 minutes from Brownwood...so we’re in the middle too...at least as far as town squares are concerned.

But (at this time) we are in the boonies as far as grocery, gas, restaraunts and hardware stores are concerned.
I assume it will all developed. The pasture in back of Tamarind I hear is being developed. Hope they put up a buffer zone. Tamarind is a nice location between LSL and the new Village!

H
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.