Brownwood Loft Apartments

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2018, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGUY View Post
I know snowbirds who rent the place they like in Florida on an annual basis and I am sure many more do.
Thank you. I stand corrected. Sounds like they should have no problem filling these residences in that light.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:42 AM

Newspaper said will be for lease. Anyone know more?
Old 03-17-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Thank you for this very clear explanation and answers "Why would they do that?" for me. Three people in our Village have recently committed to move to Elan, the new assisted living apartments just finished on 466. This would be another alternative for many people who don't want to leave this place they have called home to find a smaller place.
Agree. I’ve heard people say they would like an option between a single family home and an Elan type option.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

I believe there are similar styles in Spanish Springs but I believe they are owned. There has been a strong demand for this type of living for awhile. I wonder if sub-leasing will be an option which would open the door for snowbirds that aren't here for more than a couple months. This was announced several months ago and along with the new Courtyard Villas being built next to Alden, it will be a reason folks will look at the Brownwood area. In addition, with the bridges over 44 it will open access to the new amenities that aren't available up north. Add in the health facilities, Puck Restaurant, conference center, District Offices all within walking distance I suspect it will draw more business's and a more interesting lifestyle.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-17-2018, 01:00 PM
Sage

the trouble with apt living is roaches--no matter how much you pay once, they set foot in the building -sooner or later -they will visit
Old 03-17-2018, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill50 View Post
They might be a good option for snowbirds.
Possibly with subletting, airbnb and ****.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2018, 02:56 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Possibly with subletting, airbnb and ****.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
TV will not let leasees of these apartments sublet, no professionally run apartments do that.

They will have minimum 1 year leases, probably in range of $2-3000 per month, no subletting, no Airbnb permitted. Leasees will have use of amenities whether that is included in the rent or added on.

I think it will fill a need, surprised they waited this long to do it. Lots of people do not want to own homes anymore, don't want the headaches and costs of taxes, maintenance, lawn and pest control etc plus no need to worry about disposition of the property when they pass on.

I am sure TV management are aware of the hundreds or thousands of rental properties here. I own 4 and only rent them long term, they provide a nice ROI on original investment.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
TV will not let leasees of these apartments sublet, no professionally run apartments do that.

They will have minimum 1 year leases, probably in range of $2-3000 per month, no subletting, no Airbnb permitted. Leasees will have use of amenities whether that is included in the rent or added on.

I think it will fill a need, surprised they waited this long to do it. Lots of people do not want to own homes anymore, don't want the headaches and costs of taxes, maintenance, lawn and pest control etc plus no need to worry about disposition of the property when they pass on.

I am sure TV management are aware of the hundreds or thousands of rental properties here. I own 4 and only rent them long term, they provide a nice ROI on original investment.

Exactly. It makes me laugh that when the rumors of these hit the Online News a few months ago people were crying that they were bringing low income housing to The Villages. This will be nowhere near low income. As you said, I expect the rent to be in the $2,000+ range. “Riff Raff” can’t afford that. The true low income complexes, like the ones near Rolling Acres run $700-900 and many still need assistance to live there.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by circletrack View Post
Exactly. It makes me laugh that when the rumors of these hit the Online News a few months ago people were crying that they were bringing low income housing to The Villages. This will be nowhere near low income. As you said, I expect the rent to be in the $2,000+ range. “Riff Raff” can’t afford that. The true low income complexes, like the ones near Rolling Acres run $700-900 and many still need assistance to live there.
There was a suburb a couple of towns away NW of Chicago that annexed an unincorporated golf course (defunct) to build townhouses, villas, and apartments. The builder was told to make one of the apartment buildings low income housing. There was no designated low income housing anywhere nearby, and the surrounding area was middle to upper middle class. You just never know.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2018, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

I suspect that was under different conditions, might have included county funding and/or regulations. I would be surprised if Sumter or Wildwood want to open that box. If they haven't required it so far, what would be their incentive to do it there?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-18-2018, 07:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
There was a suburb a couple of towns away NW of Chicago that annexed an unincorporated golf course (defunct) to build townhouses, villas, and apartments. The builder was told to make one of the apartment buildings low income housing. There was no designated low income housing anywhere nearby, and the surrounding area was middle to upper middle class. You just never know.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Florida is not Illinois, thank God!
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 03-18-2018, 09:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
Florida is not Illinois, thank God!
Spoken like a true cheesehead. [emoji202]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Chi-Town; 03-18-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Just another reason not to like Brownwood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Of course just a matter of opinion. We live by Brownwood and love it !

Old 03-19-2018, 06:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Thank you for this very clear explanation and answers "Why would they do that?" for me. Three people in our Village have recently committed to move to Elan, the new assisted living apartments just finished on 466. This would be another alternative for many people who don't want to leave this place they have called home to find a smaller place.
Overheard a couple who are moving to that place early April. Cost $6,000 a month for them which includes 2 meals day. That's it
Old 03-19-2018, 06:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
Of course just a matter of opinion. We live by Brownwood and love it !

Yes it is and I appreciate not being attacked for voicing it. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
brownwood, loft, built, condos, rentals

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.