Brownwood soft opening Friday10/12?

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2012, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

the speculation that Brownwood is for young people and surrounding community is an interesting thought, but certainly is incorrect. The squares are built for the residents.

btk
Old 10-13-2012, 08:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
the speculation that Brownwood is for young people and surrounding community is an interesting thought, but certainly is incorrect. The squares are built for the residents.

btk

BTK - Yes it's Villager accessible but I think geared to visitors. . . note the line setup for the huts . . . looks a little like WDW & Universal
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Line.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	5485  
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 10-13-2012, 08:25 AM
Sage
Default Too small??

For those of you who have been to Brownwood, do you think it's going to be as big as Sumter? Were there many buildings for future stores and restaurants? From the sound of it, it seems to be a bit underwhelming compared to the other squares. I want to check it out when it gets a bit more up and running. Thanks for your opinion.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:01 AM

Lets not all whine yet. It IS just barely opened! People whined the whole time waiting for it to open an snow they whine because there seems to be not enough or as big as the other squares. It just opened! For those who were there it can be seen more areas for growth. The grass behind the stands area, the large area where construction equipment were behind the green fence. If they waited for everything to be built, it would not open until next year. Than more whining why it does not open. Now there is people asking why just TV businesses open?
It appears to me that the ample parking means much more to come.
The best part was the handing out of chairs! Somehow I doubt that will continue over time, but the thought/concept is GREAT to keep people from saving chairs.
Looks good to me so far. Just think of it. Where else in this country does a new town get built for its residence to enjoy. Kudos to the Morse family.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aln View Post
BTK - Yes it's Villager accessible but I think geared to visitors. . . note the line setup for the huts . . . looks a little like WDW & Universal
I remember reading somewhere that some of the original design work for TV was done by the same people who did Universal.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
I remember reading somewhere that some of the original design work for TV was done by the same people who did Universal.
I heard it was Disney designers who designed Spanish Springs, but that is just quoting oft repeated stories. I don't know for sure.

WHEN did Spanish Springs open???? It has to be somewhere in the last fifteen years because we came here to look at this place with some friends and I was NOT impressed. Not much there at Spanish Springs when we first visited.

Now just look at me. Impressed just isn't the word.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog53 View Post
Lets not all whine yet. It IS just barely opened! People whined the whole time waiting for it to open an snow they whine because there seems to be not enough or as big as the other squares. It just opened! For those who were there it can be seen more areas for growth. The grass behind the stands area, the large area where construction equipment were behind the green fence. If they waited for everything to be built, it would not open until next year. Than more whining why it does not open. Now there is people asking why just TV businesses open?
It appears to me that the ample parking means much more to come.
The best part was the handing out of chairs! Somehow I doubt that will continue over time, but the thought/concept is GREAT to keep people from saving chairs.
Looks good to me so far. Just think of it. Where else in this country does a new town get built for its residence to enjoy. Kudos to the Morse family.
There are always some who are never happy.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
There are always some who are never happy.

I have a friend on TOTV who says often

"Patience, Grasshopper."

And I am going to quote him.

I just did.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.