Brownwood “What Up”

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2024, 09:49 AM
Default Brownwood “What Up”

We were at Brownwood last night and ran across some 4 somewhat sketchy individuals traveling in a group. They were sporting the whitetail look that I feel is inappropriate. The pants were drooping down and underwear was showing. Is there a dress code that can be enforced? The couple that was with us said they came from the new apartment complex. Who do we call to address this?

Fairfax VA
Stamford CT
Rye NH
Provincetown MA
Old 03-21-2024, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMack View Post
We were at Brownwood last night and ran across some 4 somewhat sketchy individuals traveling in a group. They were sporting the whitetail look that I feel is inappropriate. The pants were drooping down and underwear was showing. Is there a dress code that can be enforced? The couple that was with us said they came from the new apartment complex. Who do we call to address this?
Start with your local representatives to the US Congress. A Constitutional Amendment limiting that kind of freedom would have to start there.

I feel old people dancing suggestively is inappropriate, who do I call to address this?

I feel ignorant comments on a forum are inappropriate, who do I call to address this?

I feel the smell of burning animal flesh coming from the restaurants around the square is inappropriate, who do I call to address this?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 03-21-2024, 09:59 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Trolling for replies
Old 03-21-2024, 09:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
You are asking what you can do to make other people dress in a way you approve, in a public space?
I hate to break this to you, but the answer is, in this case, "nothing". If you are deeply offended by what others wear, your only course of action is to stay home, and not expose yourself to others' taste in clothing.

You could move to a strictly gated, private community, where others with your taste in dress can establish a dress code, enforceable by limiting membership into your private club. However, the squares in TV are not private. And TV is not a gated community.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:04 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default It was bound to happen

There is nothing that can be done about it. Brownwood is in the center of Wildwood. You are bound to run across this as a more typical thing more sooner than later. Several low cost housing developments are opening up near the square. Live with it or go to another square.

It isn’t a golf course you know. Polos are not required.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning

Last edited by Normal; 03-21-2024 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:08 AM

Quote:
The pants were drooping down and underwear was showing.
Time for an atomic wedgie!
Old 03-21-2024, 10:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Old 03-21-2024, 12:31 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,195 Times in 761 Posts

The squares are open to the general public....carry if you don't feel safe.
Old 03-21-2024, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
A more pertinent question would be whether or not these were the same individuals trolling for open car doors along Neighborly Way in Lake Deaton late that night.
Old 03-21-2024, 03:33 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Who do we call to address this?
Ghostbusters.
Old 03-21-2024, 04:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

There goes the neighborhood
Old 03-21-2024, 04:18 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

For some at the Squares Spandex should be banned.
Old 03-21-2024, 04:22 PM
Platinum member

Just what we need, another Ken
Old 03-21-2024, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,520 Times in 3,108 Posts

I checked the search engine for "whitetail look" then whitetail look meme then whitetail meme then whitetail then whitetail urban dictionary - and the only reference to something that wasn't an actual whitetail deer, was about a guy who tries to goose a girl, and the girl backs away quick, leaving the guy with his hand in a weird position that looks like the horn of a whitetail deer.

So no idea what the OP is talking about there.

Wondering what these 4 people were *doing* that made them look sketchy. I mean other than outdated faux-thug-fashion from the 2000's and 2010's.

While he was checking out these sketchy fashion failures, did he happen to notice any grown-arse adult men wearing flip flops? If he did, did he notice any with nasty toenail fungus? Because I've totally witnessed THAT dereliction of civility, that left me with the desire to not buy an oversized pretzel at WOB, but spend that $10 on another drink at the tiki hut instead.
Old 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

OP cannot possibly be telling the truth! These kind of people are only seen in the northern sections of the villages according to the wildwood folks! They can't possibly be hanging out in the city with the highest crime rate in a 50 mile radius!

Tags
brownwood, dress, code, enforced, couple

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.