Brownwood “What Up”

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2024, 04:44 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default Wow

So low rent areas next to a town square are an issue for some? That just goes to show you how sheltered some can be. This will just help the Developer sell in the newer more bubbled area. It’s a win-win!

Imagine, Wildwood being a criminal area. It always has been and will be all the more with the increased concentration of low income households.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 03-21-2024, 05:14 PM

An additional drink is always a better option than a pretzel (and I like pretzels)
Old 03-21-2024, 06:19 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,046 Times in 731 Posts

I've always thought TV should have a self-appointed, Fashion Police Dept. They sure could keep busy, although "droopy jeans" probably wouldn't be the first thing I'd want them to focus on.

& I think "showing underwear" is a step in the right direction. I've seen a few around going Commando, who shouldn't.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:29 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,760 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Start with your local representatives to the US Congress. A Constitutional Amendment limiting that kind of freedom would have to start there.

I feel old people dancing suggestively is inappropriate, who do I call to address this?

I feel ignorant comments on a forum are inappropriate, who do I call to address this?

I feel the smell of burning animal flesh coming from the restaurants around the square is inappropriate, who do I call to address this?
Well said ! I do believe these types of questions come up so often because there is not end to (possibly??) new residents who somehow (?) get the idea that the Villages is some kind of private senior development ? And, who often seem to believe (?) that the "squares" are some how private little retail areas ? It does boggle the mind sometimes, however, do others on here sometimes get the impression that no one is really so naive as to think there are dress codes for public shopping plazas and malls ? Me thinks perhaps some just post such things to "enjoy" the "reactions" ? LOL ?
Old 03-21-2024, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I've always thought TV should have a self-appointed, Fashion Police Dept. They sure could keep busy, although "droopy jeans" probably wouldn't be the first thing I'd want them to focus on.

& I think "showing underwear" is a step in the right direction. I've seen a few around going Commando, who shouldn't.
My first taste of the snow bird invasion was a tribe of middle to late 60s NY/NJ ladies at Brownwood one evening in early December. They were dressed like tramps, loud and mouthy and had on enough dimestore perfume for the biggest whore house in Texas. They were a specticle to say the least.

I was more than a little shocked and entertained. I thought it was a gag for the first several minute then I realized they were serious.
Old 03-21-2024, 06:42 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Yes, LOL, LOL, but just look at all that actually took the comment seriously ! ! ! Then the puzzling correlation between lower cost (no such thing a "low" cost) housing and walking around with your underwear showing in public ? Wonder how many people who work everyday in services that make life so pleasant and convenient for villages seniors live in lower cost housing; the waiters, clerks, those who clean houses and mow lawns, who work in fast food, at grocery stores and auto tire establishments, wash houses and clean gutters...... have not worked as long as village residents yet, so must find affordable homes, actually do walk around like described ? Think this might be a joke to see who will "bite" ?
Old 03-21-2024, 06:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Ghostbusters.
Exactly, Call Pants Busters, get the app NOW !
Old 03-21-2024, 06:52 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairadocs View Post
YThen the puzzling correlation between lower cost (no such thing a "low" cost) housing and walking around with your underwear showing in public ?

1300 a month may be high living for you and your taste, but not for most.
https://www.apartments.com/the-wilds...od-fl/hy65sn0/

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 03-21-2024, 09:56 PM
Thanked 1,120 Times in 246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMack View Post
We were at Brownwood last night and ran across some 4 somewhat sketchy individuals traveling in a group. They were sporting the whitetail look that I feel is inappropriate. The pants were drooping down and underwear was showing. Is there a dress code that can be enforced? The couple that was with us said they came from the new apartment complex. Who do we call to address this?
Wait until you get a look at that skinny freakazoid guy who wears a black dress & dances in front of everyone. Sick!
Old 03-21-2024, 10:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post

Or that ONE geezer at the pool with the overly baggy bermuda shorts, who sits at the edge of the pool, legs apart.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Did no one else notice the irony of the OP' tag line is "Born to be wild"? Makes the post totally hilarious in my book?
😁😆😅🤣😂🙈🙉🙊💣
Old 03-22-2024, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I checked the search engine for "whitetail look" then whitetail look meme then whitetail meme then whitetail then whitetail urban dictionary - and the only reference to something that wasn't an actual whitetail deer, was about a guy who tries to goose a girl, and the girl backs away quick, leaving the guy with his hand in a weird position that looks like the horn of a whitetail deer.

So no idea what the OP is talking about there.

Wondering what these 4 people were *doing* that made them look sketchy. I mean other than outdated faux-thug-fashion from the 2000's and 2010's.

While he was checking out these sketchy fashion failures, did he happen to notice any grown-arse adult men wearing flip flops? If he did, did he notice any with nasty toenail fungus? Because I've totally witnessed THAT dereliction of civility, that left me with the desire to not buy an oversized pretzel at WOB, but spend that $10 on another drink at the tiki hut instead.
I googled the “whitetail look” as well, never heard of it! What came up were images of “deer hunting camo clothing,” for sale by various companies. So, I’m guessing the OP might be referring to camo, or camouflage style clothing.
Old 03-22-2024, 05:12 AM
Default Public place

It is open to the public

No shirt no shoes no service didn’t say underwear showing.

Quote:
We were at Brownwood last night and ran across some 4 somewhat sketchy individuals traveling in a group. They were sporting the whitetail look that I feel is inappropriate. The pants were drooping down and underwear was showing. Is there a dress code that can be enforced? The couple that was with us said they came from the new apartment complex. Who do we call to address this?
Old 03-22-2024, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Hold up a min.

Love how quick totv long-time posters with their states proudly posted at the bottom of their posts attack the OP for voicing what ultimately can be a legit symptom of a systemic actual concern.

Setting clothing, urban dictionary, profiling aside, OP has an observation that should not be made fun of or simply ignored.

Wtf actual BUBBLE do Villagers think they live in!??

What states are new and old villagers leaving and WHY?

I am a local, 40 year Central FL transplant. I can attest to urban sprawl and once beautiful cities gone to complete crap. Pine Hills, FL. Let's see our Villages friends say they want to move there now. Hiawassee area, who is game? Ready to pack and take a night strole in the bowls of Sanford?

OP is misinformed about who controls Brownwood big deal! T V is a complete facade. The Villages Developers SELL a DREAM. Live here a while and you wake up! The town squares are not for just for Villagers and that is a good thing!

Is the T V immune from crime and degradation?? Foolish notion that it is not.

Someone said VOTE (albeit stated in a condiscending manner). Truth is CORRECT, VOTE for commissioners willing to not just sell out for the $$ (not to mention prosecutors and judges that enforce laws.)

The commissioners in the towns of Wildwood, Lady Lake, towns across FL are taking federal $$ and in exchange are agreeing to "Affordable" housing... aka urban sprawl

The concept of workers for The Villages is hog wash compared to the rate of commissioners approving the building of thousands of units of what will more than likely become low income housing but no chance of degradation to worry about there.

Is the affordable housing going to be affordable housing for more police? God bless them! We need them.

The lessor known area called T V was really blown up and put on the map around 2018 as it crossed over 44. Fast forward to the effects of poorly run northern states and mass exodus to FL (ya'll know who you are!!). Nationwide the perfect storm brewing.

Urban sprawl baby... but pull up those golf shorts and tee up players!

Wow... wake up... you think T V Bubble can't burst? How absolutely entitled and foolish are we posters on totv and people living in TV??

Last edited by GizmoWhiskers; 03-22-2024 at 06:10 AM.
Old 03-22-2024, 05:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRoySmith View Post
My first taste of the snow bird invasion was a tribe of middle to late 60s NY/NJ ladies at Brownwood one evening in early December. They were dressed like tramps, loud and mouthy and had on enough dimestore perfume for the biggest whore house in Texas. They were a specticle to say the least.

I was more than a little shocked and entertained. I thought it was a gag for the first several minute then I realized they were serious.
Interesting response. Let’s see, “a tribe”? “tramps”? “whore?” Wow! How many ways can you spell Misogynist?? Bless your heart and opinion. And to think a “senior member” after only 6 months and ready to judge snowbirds after only 2 months.
Closed Thread

Tags
brownwood, dress, code, enforced, couple

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.