Brownwood “What Up”

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2024, 05:23 AM

Back in 69' my hair was middle of my back, I remember getting the looks of what a heathen I was. Now it's Droopy drawers. Could be worse...My guess is they were scared to death of what they saw and won't be back.
Old 03-22-2024, 05:26 AM

Being in public means putting up with the obnoxious habits and behaviors of others!
Old 03-22-2024, 05:42 AM

There is a LOT of inappropriate behavior in the squares at night from questionable behavior, ladies looking for “company “ to over drinking. Nearby Sawgrass is not an exception. Be aware of your surroundings
Old 03-22-2024, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMack View Post
We were at Brownwood last night and ran across some 4 somewhat sketchy individuals traveling in a group. They were sporting the whitetail look that I feel is inappropriate. The pants were drooping down and underwear was showing. Is there a dress code that can be enforced? The couple that was with us said they came from the new apartment complex. Who do we call to address this?
Coincidentally yesterday afternoon in Brownwood I noticed a young guy walking through the crowd by himself. The way he was dressed and his "head garb" caught my eye.
Old 03-22-2024, 06:06 AM

the whitetail look???
Old 03-22-2024, 06:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjoy View Post
Coincidentally yesterday afternoon in Brownwood I noticed a young guy walking through the crowd by himself. The way he was dressed and his "head garb" caught my eye.
Public square. Dress as you like. Enjoy the entertainment. Go shopping. Eat at a restaurant. However, let's not be naive. Four young people in "hoodies" are not there to enjoy sixties music, shop in a boutique, or eat at Prima's. The two people in "hoodies" caught on camera on Neighborly Way at 4AM going from car to car checking to see if they were open were not out for a walk. The one young person in a "hoodie" on a warm sunny day that I personally saw walking down the entire length of our quiet street had no reason to be staring at each home along the way, unless anyone thinks he was a real estate appraiser.

Like other have reminded us, this is NOT a gated community, there are people who come from outside TV that do not have our best interests in mind, so be aware of your surroundings.
Old 03-22-2024, 06:31 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMack View Post
We were at Brownwood last night and ran across some 4 somewhat sketchy individuals traveling in a group. They were sporting the whitetail look that I feel is inappropriate. The pants were drooping down and underwear was showing. Is there a dress code that can be enforced? The couple that was with us said they came from the new apartment complex. Who do we call to address this?
Seriously? You want a law to make them pull up their pants?? lol. We’ve all been looking at underwear for years. Parents should have taught them what a belt is used for
Old 03-22-2024, 06:33 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
A more pertinent question would be whether or not these were the same individuals trolling for open car doors along Neighborly Way in Lake Deaton late that night.
And because their underpants show not they’re thieves?? Kinda dramatic assessment
Old 03-22-2024, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Public square. Dress as you like. Enjoy the entertainment. Go shopping. Eat at a restaurant. However, let's not be naive. Four young people in "hoodies" are not there to enjoy sixties music, shop in a boutique, or eat at Prima's. The two people in "hoodies" caught on camera on Neighborly Way at 4AM going from car to car checking to see if they were open were not out for a walk. The one young person in a "hoodie" on a warm sunny day that I personally saw walking down the entire length of our quiet street had no reason to be staring at each home along the way, unless anyone thinks he was a real estate appraiser.

Like other have reminded us, this is NOT a gated community, there are people who come from outside TV that do not have our best interests in mind, so be aware of your surroundings.
I'm guessing the young person I saw in Brownwood was not there for shopping or eating at Prima's. And thanks for the tip about Neighborly Way, I'll skip the open house there.
Old 03-22-2024, 06:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
And because their underpants show not they’re thieves?? Kinda dramatic assessment
Nothing to do with underpants. Everything to do with 2 people in "hoodies" caught on camera going from car to car in a residential neighborhood checking for open door at 4 AM. Unless anyone thinks they were with community watch
Old 03-22-2024, 06:53 AM
Default Unbelievable

I didn’t think I would get beat up so badly by an obvious deviation of our Villages norm. You don’t normally expect to see a group of teenage to early 20 males who looked like they were up to no good sporting their plaid boxers past their mid drift trolling for the easy score at Brownwood Square. I know where our child attended high school the look was banned. Maybe it is acceptable to most, just revolting to me. It’s the gang standard in some areas of the country, just not here I guess.

Fairfax VA
Stamford CT
Rye NH
Provincetown MA
Old 03-22-2024, 06:54 AM
Veteran member
Talking Him/Her

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdallas View Post
Wait until you get a look at that skinny freakazoid guy who wears a black dress & dances in front of everyone. Sick!
That person you refer to was arrested last year in Spanish springs town square. Without going into detail to much showing. I’ll take droopy jeans anytime.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
Interesting response. Let’s see, “a tribe”? “tramps”? “whore?” Wow! How many ways can you spell ?? Bless your heart and opinion. And to think a “senior member” after only 6 months and ready to judge snowbirds after only 2 months.
Wow, I guess we now know who one of those fine upstanding ladies was.

I love your enthusiasm but I'm anything but predigested against women, in fact my favorite people are women (or girls). I've married and spent my life with one, have 3 daughters and my dear old mom is a woman (unlike the women of today all the women in my life have girlie parts installed by the maker, not a Dr. doing no harm). The ones I dislike are the disgusting ones as mentioned above and I will call it how I see it every time. I'm truly sorry if I hurt your feelings, unless you carry on like those fine ladies were at the square and in that case my post had the exact desired affect.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:24 AM
Veteran member

To the OP:
If you didn't like what you were looking at, why didn't you approach them and ask them to hike their pants up?
Then again, maybe they heard the old rumor of the high incidence of std's in the villages and were just getting ready for a piece of the action!
Old 03-22-2024, 07:29 AM

It starts with just a few, they bring their friends, and then there are more outsiders than villagers. Then, when women go dancing and leave their pocketbooks by their chairs and they are gone, a few golf clubs go missing, etc etc. It happens very fast. So, all you 'liberal' smart-alecks with their comments, you will be the first to yell.
Closed Thread

Tags
brownwood, dress, code, enforced, couple

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.