Brownwood “What Up”

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2024, 10:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I do. Which is why I posed my original question of whether or not they could be the same people.

But even in the square, where they have every right to be, I question what the attraction would be for these young people. The oldies music? The high-priced restaurants? The specialty boutiques? In general, when a fox is in the henhouse he's not there sightseeing.
I don't go to Brownwood Square very often, in fact I don't go to any of the squares very often, but when we do we prefer LSL. I have been there on a weekend night when there were lots of young people out and about.
To answer your question of why, perhaps we need to know more about what the options are for them.
The assumption has been made, based upon how these young people were dressed, that they were from Wildwood, and according to those making that assumption, Wildwood is rife with crime, and these young people were bringing this criminal element and mentality to Brownwood Square.
However, maybe it's different from that. Maybe, if Wildwood is in fact such a horrific place, Brownwood is a safe place, where young people, with no mayhem on their minds, can have a safe night, enjoy a wholesome atmosphere, and not be bothered by the rough characters that hang out in Wildwood.
We make assumptions based upon very superficial things. They could be correct, they could be misplaced, but they are assumptions, and we all remember what happens when we assume, right?
Old 03-22-2024, 10:20 AM
Veteran member

Maybe Brownwood Square could reinstitute the white smokers jackets, silk ascot and of course the ever aesthetically pleasing corn cob pipe!
Closed Thread

Tags
brownwood, dress, code, enforced, couple

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.