Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I think it's the heat.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
The only "original villagers" were Seminoles, some farmers, cattle, pigs and horses.

Old 08-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Platinum member

But I think Gary Morse should be voted into the magician’s hall of fame for creating the illusion that TV is a private guard gated community. It has fooled untold thousands of TV residents. And they get quite ornery about it when they realize this and wake up with the oh-no's.[/QUOTE]

We visited The Villages several times before moving down here, met with several sales agents, and researched and read and re-read everything we could about The Villages. Never did I see anything about it being a gated community. Everyone was quite clear about how the gates work. After moving here I understand how critical the gates are to safe merging with golf carts.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
The only "original villagers" were Seminoles, some farmers, cattle, pigs and horses.

And alligators. Don't forget the 'gators and mosquitos. ;-)
Old 08-18-2012, 07:56 PM

[QUOTE=buggyone;542892]I was talking with a fellow Villager yesterday at Mallory Hill CC. He told me he had been talking to several construction workers near Brownwood and all of them were from Wildwood. They said that they would be frequenting the bars at Brownwood once it was completed since the bars outside The Villages cannot compete with the drink prices of The Villages and just as close as Wildwood - technically it is Wildwood.

Not that I am disparaging construction workers or Wildwood in general, but I wonder about having Brownwood built within Wildwood. Will it be bringing too many outsiders in to the nightly entertainment so residents will have a hard time finding seats in the stadium seating or a much more local clientle than we find at Spanish Springs or Lake Sumter Landing?[/QUOTE

wow a fellow villager talking to several construction workers near (but not at) brownwood. etc etc. still pushing the older sections buggy... good luck
Old 08-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Default brownwood

wildwood money is green just like village money.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorhome View Post
wildwood money is green just like village money.
Exactly.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Veteran member

I have no idea what the happy hour will be, but I do know that Wildwood recently enacted an ordinance that places selling alcohol can stay open until 2AM. Maybe there will actually be someplace for us night owls. Hey, Kathie, meet you on the dance floor!
Old 08-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Let Me Think

Hummm..Let me think..!!There is no Sheriff substation in Spanish Springs, There is no Sheriff Substation in Lake Sumter BUT there will be a Sheriff's or Wildwood Police Substation in Brownwood. Now why does anyone think that is the case. Humm..could it be there is an expectation of more crime in that area because it is almost out of The Villages? Oh well just some curious thinking!!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Hummm..Let me think..!!There is no Sheriff substation in Spanish Springs, There is no Sheriff Substation in Lake Sumter BUT there will be a Sheriff's or Wildwood Police Substation in Brownwood. Now why does anyone think that is the case. Humm..could it be there is an expectation of more crime in that area because it is almost out of The Villages? Oh well just some curious thinking!!
There is a sheriffs station near the corner of Morse and 466...not that far from LSL.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Lady Lake police foot patrols in SS.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile I think

I think the point was a "substation" in Brownwood. By the way the drinking is in accordance with the County. Lady Lake vs Sumter. 5-7 LL/5-6 Sumter.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Lady Lake police foot patrols in SS.
Golf cart and/or foot patrol, Bogie.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Golf cart and/or foot patrol, Bogie.
Thankyou, it is late.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:57 PM

I've been trying to avoid jumping into this thread because my viewpoint is a bit pessimistic compared to the majority.

My viewpoint is not based on tv resident vs. non-resident (Wildwood or otherwise) clientele nor a concern of the color of one's money nor anything of the like.

I think that BW will have a greater number of incidents of crime- and unsuccessful attempted incidents of crime- than does either SS or LSL. My prediction is based solely on location, location, location.

SS and LSL are comparatively insulated from non-tv "traffic"- LSL especially so. Conversely, Brownwood is not off "the beaten path"; it is directly located on a 4 lane highway, and in close proximity to 301, the turnpike, and 75. To underscore my "proximity" argument, just this week I read about a man who was part of a crew who burglarized vehicles parked in parks adjacent/near the interstate. (As it so happened he was run over by a car as he was fleeing from the police who had set up a sting operation at one such location).

Additionally, my discussions wi several Wildwood police officers lead me to believe that Wildwood is no stranger to serious crime, including crimes of opportunity (theft from cars/carts, pickpocketing, robbery) related to illegal drug use.

I hope that I am wrong.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.