Brownwood - Wildwood

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Veteran member

...And by the way, Wildwood has added 2 positions on their force in anticipation of the Brownwood Town Square opening...to man the sub-station, I would suspect. Thinking ahead, no doubt. :-)
Old 08-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Veteran member
Smile Won't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
how about we start with age!!!
Many young retirees and 40 somethings who are still working are moving here. Also there are young adults living with their parents.

So age won't work.

We could make it a game...Find the Villager at the Square...
Old 08-19-2012, 05:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

i am going to get a wildwood resident to save a row for us
Old 08-19-2012, 06:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
nah - too many other retirement communities have residents who enjoy our squares. some even know how to get there in their golf carts using our golf cart paths!

i often think the shopping centers should have all handicapped parking spots EXCEPT for designated parking for non-handicapped!
You are correct. There is a nice small new developement adjacent to The Villages (whose name escapes me); we actually thought we were in TV and looking at model homes in TV when the sales agent told us that it was NOT The Villages. Nice lake. Nice gazebo. Little beach.
"Waterfall" out on the lake.....

This developement had a recreational center, etc. but the entire area was much smaller than TV......you could ride your golf cart right over the bridge to TV.....over the lake. Homes seemed further apart and further across from each other...........

All "townies" no matter where they live seem to get upset when the various "seasonal tourists" arrive , just like our leaf peepers up here.
But as others have said, it doesn't matter where, these people spend money and keep the businesses afloat.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:27 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac9 View Post
I have no idea what the happy hour will be, but I do know that Wildwood recently enacted an ordinance that places selling alcohol can stay open until 2AM. Maybe there will actually be someplace for us night owls. Hey, Kathie, meet you on the dance floor!
Are you kidding?? 2AM? Now I won't get home until dawn!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 08-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Lightbulb Drugs

I think a significant fear are the drugs. Reading the Monday paper which
shows a few of the crimes in the area Wildwood is not rare to the list and it also shows drug activity. When they enter the community there are a host of very bad problems. I am sorry to say that with BW so close to the drug activity there are significant risks. It is clear that it is harder for this to enter the LL or LSL vicinities since they are more isolated and the wagons have circled them Not the case with Brownwood. I could even get a little more
paranoid with the location of BW. Being where it is on the main highways
it could (not saying would) become a drop off point or central location for
mules smuggling drugs on the west side of Florida. (e.g. from north of
Fl line ..Ga to Tampa, Orlando and all points west of 75). This has been the case in some areas of the country where drug mules use central locations for drop offs and transfers. History will be the answer..
Old 08-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
i did not know wildwood had
Yes, Wildwood has a police department. I copied a link for them.

http://www.wildwood-fl.gov/index.asp
Old 08-19-2012, 09:25 AM
Sage

I have wondered about the proximity to Wildwood as well. Brownwood will be walking distance or bicycle distance from a few Wildwood neighborhoods. I would believe that 95% or more of Wildwood residents would be very welcome by most anywhere/anytime in The Villages, but that the remainder could create a little concern. I do;however, have confidence that unruly shenanigans will not be tolerated, so I for one am looking forward to dining and getting entertained in Brownwood this Fall.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:36 AM

We are moving down to TV from the Detroit area. Between 2003-2011 there were 3,184 murders. Just last year alone there were 344 homicides. Most of these of these remain unsolved. Living around just a few drug mules and some unruly shenanigans will be a welcome relief!

Last edited by YouNeverKnow; 08-19-2012 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Added something
Old 08-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiganders View Post
We are moving down to TV from the Detroit area. Between 2003-2011 there were 3,184 murders. Just last year alone there were 344 homicides. Most of these of these remain unsolved. Living around just a few drug mules and some unruly shenanigans will be a welcome relief!

That is funny. Sad, but funny. Welcome to TOTV and to TV.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Gold member

Quote:
who are you calling elitist - me? did you follow the thread and the post to which i was responding? where did i say or even imply that they are my squares? i, like many, have been in the villages to no longer need to go to the squares for entertainment! please take your humble self - oh never mind. sheesh and boy howdy!
I didn't call you an elitist, I said your statement sounded elitist. These are your exact words where you used the word "our" twice:

Quote:
......too many other retirement communities have residents who enjoy our squares. some even know how to get there in their golf carts using our golf cart paths!......
How else should one interpret your remark in a thread whose topic is concern over non residents causing problems in the new square.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiganders View Post
From MI too and then Orlando so Wildwood looks pretty tame.
C'mon folks. Is getting older making you a bit paranoid?
Afraid to leave the house at night?
Then Join the new "Paranoia Club" at TV.
Meetings will be held during daylight hours so you can watch Brownwood videos and realize how much you are missing in this 3rd beautiful location.
Next thing you know riff raff will be exiting I-75 and coming to our Villages to plunder and pillage before heading North.
Lock your doors and join the new Paranoia Club NOW.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF;5***97
I think a significant fear are the drugs. Reading the Monday paper which
shows a few of the crimes in the area Wildwood is not rare to the list and it also shows drug activity. When they enter the community there are a host of very bad problems. I am sorry to say that with BW so close to the drug activity there are significant risks. It is clear that it is harder for this to enter the LL or LSL vicinities since they are more isolated and the wagons have circled them Not the case with Brownwood. I could even get a little more
paranoid with the location of BW. Being where it is on the main highways
it could (not saying would) become a drop off point or central location for
mules smuggling drugs on the west side of Florida. (e.g. from north of
Fl line ..Ga to Tampa, Orlando and all points west of 75). This has been the case in some areas of the country where drug mules use central locations for drop offs and transfers. History will be the answer..
I could be wrong, but I think the drug mules will kind of stand out, y'know, not blend in with the crowd.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Sage

I'm thinking these people are watching way too much TV in TV. Drugs?? Bet you find just as much inside as outside.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post
But I think Gary Morse should be voted into the magician’s hall of fame for creating the illusion that TV is a private guard gated community. It has fooled untold thousands of TV residents. And they get quite ornery about it when they realize this and wake up with the oh-no's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Ed, you so often bring a lot of knowledge about TV to TOTV..........and once in a while you slip and do a little rant.
Rant: to talk loudly and in a way that shows anger : to complain in a way that is unreasonable.

Did my comment seem like an angry unreasonable complaint to you. It certainly wasn't written with that intent.

And frankly, they had me fooled at first too. But after reading Leisureville, I started to catch on and did a lot more research. But as Gracie pointed out above, she knew what the score was when she bought in TV (not once but twice in fact) and doesn’t feel open access to TV is much of an issue.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.