Buena Vista South to 470

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2017, 09:10 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts
Default Buena Vista South to 470

Noted in todays paper, Buena Vista is being extended South to 470 and that will be quite a task. It's hard to imagine the line it will take to get all the way down there. Maybe 501 south of 44 will become Buena Vista or will it parallel 301 south? It also has to cross the turnpike at some point. It would have been nice of them to provide a map along with the story. When complete this will really open it up down here and provide quick access to Brownwood and points north eliminating the need to use Morse or 301.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:23 AM

My reading of the article was that Buena Vista will cross 44 and then head south and east toward the junction of 470 and the turnpike.

Oddly, that almost sounds like it will cross the turnpike and then follow the turnpike a mile or so to the south.

The theory is that this will allow access to the turnpike, since the junction at Morse and the turnpike will not now be built.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

So will the crossing of the Pike be a Tunnel or a Bridge?
Old 12-18-2017, 10:04 AM
Sage

I have seen a plan, but can't find it now.

BV will cross 44 and go around the east side of Wildwood Country Resort.

BV will continue southward to the turnpike, but will not cross over/under the TP. Instead it will run more or less parallel to the TP on the east side of the TP.

BV will intersect 468 at a point just east of the overpass that takes 468 over the TP.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post

BV will continue southward to the turnpike, but will not cross over/under the TP. Instead it will run more or less parallel to the TP on the east side of the TP.

BV will intersect 468 at a point just east of the overpass that takes 468 over the TP.
That makes a lot of sense Champion.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:56 AM
Sage

Quote:

The "plan" that I mentioned above was an artist's conceptual drawing of TV from 44 down to 468, west and north of 468 - basically from Brownwood down to Fenney.

The plan that is attached was submitted to begin construction of the BV extension where it intersects 468.

The end on the left will continue northward as I described above.

The end on the right connects to 468 with a roundabout which has an exit that goes farther southward. Based on the DS article, BV presumably continues southward, more or less parallel to the TP, until it intersects 470 on the east side of the TP.

Side note: The plan also shows an additional commercial area called River Birch Plaza.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Buena Vista 1.pdf (1.04 MB, 200 views)
Old 12-20-2017, 12:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
The "plan" that I mentioned above was an artist's conceptual drawing of TV from 44 down to 468, west and north of 468 - basically from Brownwood down to Fenney.

The plan that is attached was submitted to begin construction of the BV extension where it intersects 468.

The end on the left will continue northward as I described above.

The end on the right connects to 468 with a roundabout which has an exit that goes farther southward. Based on the DS article, BV presumably continues southward, more or less parallel to the TP, until it intersects 470 on the east side of the TP.

Side note: The plan also shows an additional commercial area called River Birch Plaza.
Thank you for the PDF and explanation. Do you have a file showing the golf car tunnels/bridges? If so would you mind linking them here?
Closed Thread

Tags
south, buena, vista, provide, map

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.