Buffalo Pix (including babies)

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Buffalo Pix (including babies)

Took these yesterday and today. Yesterday's are the buffalo from LSL (gone today). They started in the middle of the field but pretty quickly walked over to us. I'm afraid they were disappointed since we had no food for them and stayed a pretty good distance from them. The youngest was pretty much hidden by the mom in most of the pics. I think this one was born Saturday or Sunday morning. Today's pix are the three buffalo laying down by Bob Evans. Enjoy!

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Re: Buffalo Pix (including babies)

Saying "What GREAT pictures"!!! doesn't get the job done. I have never seen anything like it. I am astonished and delighted and want these furry creatures to stay and the rest of us should all be as responsible as YOU Redwitch, and stay back. Thank you so much!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Red,

The pics are just great! You always take great pics no matter what the subject is... :bigthumbsup:

Thanks so much for taking them and posting...

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 05-20-2008, 01:19 PM

Redwitch,

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. We were there this past week and drove by them several times. We couldn't find a place to pull over to see them, but did so enjoy what we could see. The only time I saw any problems was when someone put their hand through the fence and the mother did not appear to be too happy. I do so hope that they figure out a way to keep them, maybe an electric fence for humans.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Taltarzac

Great pictures, Redwitch. :bigthumbsup: 024 wav
Old 05-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Gold member

Red, thank you so much for posting these pics. The babies are adorable. Appreciate you taking the time to get such a wide variety of shots of the buffalo's.

:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: for a great job. By the time we get back to TV they will nearly be all grown up.

HB

Old 05-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmclover
We couldn't find a place to pull over to see them, but did so enjoy what we could see.
Truth be told, I did something I would never even consider doing anywhere but here. I pulled over to the side of the road (non-busy street), put on my emergency flashers, got out and took the pics as quickly as I could. Cars did go around me. One driver honked, waved and shouted at me to enjoy the buffaloes while we could. Only in The Villages would that be the reaction to a car illegally parked that you had to drive around.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Sage

Thanks Dee, you just made this Canadian's day a little brighter.
Nice memories of TV.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:59 PM
Sage

Thanks for the great pics Red, they will probably be gone by the time I get back!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Veteran member

Are the buffalo near the cart path by Morse and 466 gone already? I hope not! Thanks for the pictures. I wouldn't have gotten to see the babies if you hadn't taken them.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 05-20-2008, 04:43 PM

Thanks so much for the pictures, Redwitch! It's so sad that they won't be there much longer. Hope to see them when we visit next week. Thanks for taking the time to do that!
Marcia
Old 05-20-2008, 04:49 PM
JohnnyM

Thanks Red, nice of you to take the time to snap and post. Beautiful pix of the baby. :bigthumbsup:
Old 05-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Sage

So far as I can tell, all the buffalo are now gone! It makes me so very, very sad! I really had just sat and watched them for well over an hour. They are a very small window into the past of this great nation. To me, it was just a joy to watch them walk around their pastures, lay down when hot, just be.

I don't say nor think this often, but damn those who stole this from us! If some of you are right that it was the developers' excuse for more profitable use of land, may they rot in their own special hell. For those who insisted on not being careful and respectful, may you find your spot surrounded by bison and other wild animals who tease you with just a few treats and then act surprised when you want more. And for the idiots who sued because of their own stupidity, may your hell consist of constantly being knocked to the ground by Great White Buffalo and may it hurt more every time you fall!

Old 05-20-2008, 07:16 PM

Well said Red. I couldn't agree more. It is tragic that we can no longer see those beautiful creatures because of stupidity, greed, or both. I am so glad that we did get to see them on our preview visit last August, but am so sad that when we finally do get to move to TV they won't be part of our landscape. Thanks you for the wonderful pictures. We will always have them to remind us of our great heritage and what we have lost, again.
Johannesburg, London, Wiesbaden, Fairfield CA, Tokyo, Rock Hill SC, Myrtle Beach, Denver, Baltimore, Bangkok, Hongkong, Rutland VT, New York NY, Seneca SC, and next (and last stop as soon as we sell our house) The Villages.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Sage

Rode by the pen at LSL an hour ago and could see a few buffs in the middle of the field...so, guess they are still there. But, that does not diminish the message in Red's post. It will be a shame if they are removed.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.