Buffalo Ridge Animal Hospital

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Sage
Default Buffalo Ridge Animal Hospital

I was given a recommendation for Buffalo Ridge Animal Hospital by my vet up north and was wondering if anyone is familiar with this hospital. Apparently it was on a website that is used only by vets and is for difficult cases. Any comments?
Old 04-22-2012, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Buffalo Ridge is one of the better vet offices around in our opinion.

The two lady vets are very attentive to the needs of the animals (and the owners). The staff is very helpful with the customer first attitude.

They are very competitive on the pricing of their products and in most cases lower than one can find on the internet. Their boarding facilities are very modern, clean and well run.
Buffalo Ridge Animal Hospital
Debbie Rakes, DVM
748 Campus Circle
The Villages, FL
352-750-4711

Buffalo Ridge Animal Hospital - Home Page

We have tried a couple different ones over the last 8 years and have been with Debbie and her crew since they opened.

If you want a nice place to board look up Bed Time Tails and Luxury Resort. The owner's name is Cathy. I tried to get their web site for you but it was not working this AM. Just google it and you will find a lot of info:

http://bedtimetailsluxurypethotel.com/

6804 SE 144th Pl Rd Summerfield, FL 34491
(352) 347-7183

It is about 10 minutes up the road on 301.

Check out the boarding and play areas you will be impressed.

The only place we leave our dog.

Good luck.

btk
Old 04-22-2012, 08:45 AM
Sage

Is $30 a day standard in the area for boarding a small dog?
Old 04-22-2012, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

pretty accurate. In this area you do get what you pay for so be sure to check the lower priced places out.....to be sure they are to your liking.

btk
Old 04-22-2012, 09:14 AM
Sage

Thank you!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Dancing Thyme

If you live closer to the southern part of TV, nearer to 466A, I have been using a vet in Fruitland Park, Dr. Valdez of Park Heights Animal Hospital, on 441/27, and it may be more convenient for you. He is also affiliated with the Village Vet, actually I think he owns it or partners with it. He is a very capable, sympathetic and knowledgeable vet and was highly recommended to me by a retired vet who lives here in TV. I have not been disappointed at all and have been boarding my dogs with them for awhile. Their facilities are very clean, thorough and efficient and all the helpers are the best around.

I have nothing against Buffalo Ridge as I have never used them, but just thought you'd like to have another reference. Good Luck,,,

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

One thing as far as I know the Buffalo Ridge Animal Hospital is the only vet in the Villages' area that offers weeknight and weekend Emergency Vet Care. With the other vets, you have to drive quite a way to the other side of Leesburg.

http://www.buffaloridgeanimalhospita..._Buffalo_Ridge
Old 04-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Dancing Thyme

Very true, Tal, I wanted to mention that also.

But to those of us closer to the south end of the villages, the Leesburg Emergency Vet, is not that far for us. But most of all, I can give a very good reference for the Animal Emerg Clinic in Leesburg, as I have used them on and off for 4 years.

They have wonderful services and excellent staff and vets on hand and have performed a few miracles for me and my doggies as an emergency. Highly capable and very good facility to keep in mind.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Default Buffalo Ridge Animal Hosp

The staff and doctors are so nice and pleasant and are wonderful with my dog. We have used there doggie day care and overnight kennel accommodations and are very clean and neat. Would highly recommend using them.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.