Build or buy?

Closed Thread
Old 01-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Gold member
Default Build or buy?

I see a lot of homes are being built. Which would you say? people buy a lot than build. Or do you think people buy a home that has been already built. Looks like spec homes that have been built, seem to have a lot of options in them.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:30 PM

I personally chose to build, for me I liked to have the freedom to choose model, lot and house specs but its totally up to what you feel comfortable with. Good luck.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Platinum member

Happy New Year!

Literally hundreds of opinions have been written on this subject here on TOTV, but I think the bottom line is, that if you are serious about coming here, you owe it to yourself to explore both the new builds and the resales. Look at both Villages realty listings as well as MLS, meaning you have to consult with two different agents. No one seems to have problems with that.

The poster above mentioned the usual reasons why people build, plus the fact that for some it's a rather exciting adventure. Resales can be less expensive, perhaps with a lower bond and lots of add ons inside and out. Some are in gorgeous neighborhoods with mature landscaping, which can't be duplicated in new neighborhoods.

Good luck! Whatever you do, if you move here you'll probably think later it's the smartest thing you've done in a long time, or maybe ever.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:50 PM

We decided to build as my Mom moved with us and we built a house with 2 master suites. We picked a lot on the golf course and have a stunning view everyday. Would not trade it - - -
Old 01-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Sage

We chose to build. Our lot is in Sanibel and we will start building sometime between March and August. We wanted our final home to be everything we dreamed of so we picked the lot and will now pick the house. That way we can just move right in and not change a thing. I do know there are some great resales out there too. Good luck with your choice and have fun with it!
Old 01-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Gold member
Default looked also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
We chose to build. Our lot is in Sanibel and we will start building sometime between March and August. We wanted our final home to be everything we dreamed of so we picked the lot and will now pick the house. That way we can just move right in and not change a thing. I do know there are some great resales out there too. Good luck with your choice and have fun with it!
Wife and I have also looked at same area. After you bought your lot , did the builder tell you when he could start the home or did you request a date for the build. Thank you
Old 01-02-2012, 02:38 PM

It appears there are a lot of folks that move three times in the Villages. I believe I will rent the first two times, for a month first, then a year. Figure I will know what I want by then.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.