The Building of Brownwood - Latest

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Come on, maybe a few nights with R.R. are playing. Quit blaming the snowbirds,they have rights here.If you do not like the crowds,come on off nights.
I do understand that that all of us have rights as TV residents, and maybe my response was not totally stated correctly, the point being made is that places in TV are now very crowded due to only two squares being open and all the snowbirds are here. Since last season, using TV figures that should be 5,000 more residents and still basically same number of places to eat, and exec. golf, etc.
Off Nights? The wife and I and our friends eat out everynight at various places in and out of the squares, and I can tell you if you don't go before 5 or after 8 you will have to wait right now in season up to 2 hours, even with places that do call ahead and reservations. The shortess wait we have had recently was 45 minutes at Cane Garden at 7:30 at night.

Army Guy
Old 02-12-2012, 01:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickedamouse24 View Post
My remarks were My remarks and My remarks and thoughts only! They were not meant to be negative in any way. Just my observation(s)! Not one remark was said about being unhappy or not wanting to live here..!!! Just IMHO TV is getting Too Big!! Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I think! I agree it is a fabulous setting and place to live...!! The remark about a fast lane was apparently taken wrong. I was saying that the speed limit in TV is the same no matter which lane you're driving in but that does not seem to apply to a great number of folks here. I agree, we all need to slow down and take in all that TV has to offer! If any of you like the hustle and bustle of the big city, then it looks like that is what we're getting. Myself, I prefer at this point in my life to take things slow, enjoy my surroundings, enjoy each day as it is given and not go through TV as though someone set my pants on fire!! Illness, I can tell you about illness! I am a retired USAF MSgt, Vietnam Vet, 100% Disabled due to a dosing of Agent Orange by our forces during that conflict! So you see, I don't get along and around quite as quick as I use too. Wishing all a great day!!
Absolutely, we are all entitled to our opinions. I Do hear what you are saying about the growth here. Not everyone likes it. I can tell you what I [U]do[U] like and that is you veterans. I LOVE you all and I only wish for you a most serene life here. You deserve everything good and I am sorry that you have had to deal with the repercussions of what happened to you in the war. I hope I meet you one day so I can shake your hand, give you a big hug and thank you for the huge sacrifices you made for me.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
Absolutely, we are all entitled to our opinions. I Do hear what you are saying about the growth here. Not everyone likes it. I can tell you what I [U]do[U] like and that is you veterans. I LOVE you all and I only wish for you a most serene life here. You deserve everything good and I am sorry that you have had to deal with the repercussions of what happened to you in the war. I hope I meet you one day so I can shake your hand, give you a big hug and thank you for the huge sacrifices you made for me.
I agree, that is what makes this country great that we can all have different views.
And yes, we Love TV also, just wish as they did in the past they had built all the facilities before all the homes so overcrowding would not be a problem as it has become.

Army Guy
Old 02-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army Guy View Post
I agree, that is what makes this country great that we can all have different views.
And yes, we Love TV also, just wish as they did in the past they had built all the facilities before all the homes so overcrowding would not be a problem as it has become.

Army Guy
I think also that a lot of the traffic we are seeing here in The Villages now are locals who use the major thoroughfares to get around. Extending Morse Blvd. and Buena Vista Blvd. across 466 and 466A make it easy now to get from 441 to areas close to Leesburg. I don't recall a time in my 13 years here when tee times were not at a premium during the winter months. We have no problems playing the executive courses 2-3 times a week and that is really enough for us when we add in an 18-hole game or two. I WILL say that I have not seen heavier traffic than what I am seeing this year. I thought it was bad here in The Villages until we tried to make our way through Leesburg and back last week. Even though there is construction there, the traffic moved along well. It was the number of vehicles, and the road was packed. I have not seen that before. Looks like the word is out that this is the area to be in Florida in the winter! I am thankful that we do not have to leave The Villages for much this time of year, and a lot of what we DO need can be accessed in our golf cart. There just isn't anything we can do about the situation, dealing with all of the people, vehicles, etc. We CAN choose how we will react to it, though. Isn't that a wonderful thing?
Old 02-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida View Post
I think also that a lot of the traffic we are seeing here in The Villages now are locals who use the major thoroughfares to get around. Extending Morse Blvd. and Buena Vista Blvd. across 466 and 466A make it easy now to get from 441 to areas close to Leesburg. I don't recall a time in my 13 years here when tee times were not at a premium during the winter months. We have no problems playing the executive courses 2-3 times a week and that is really enough for us when we add in an 18-hole game or two. I WILL say that I have not seen heavier traffic than what I am seeing this year. I thought it was bad here in The Villages until we tried to make our way through Leesburg and back last week. Even though there is construction there, the traffic moved along well. It was the number of vehicles, and the road was packed. I have not seen that before. Looks like the word is out that this is the area to be in Florida in the winter! I am thankful that we do not have to leave The Villages for much this time of year, and a lot of what we DO need can be accessed in our golf cart. There just isn't anything we can do about the situation, dealing with all of the people, vehicles, etc. We CAN choose how we will react to it, though. Isn't that a wonderful thing?
I agree, most times wife and I just go with the flow. But sometimes you run into that bad apple!
Army Guy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.