Building in Village of Citrus Grove

Closed Thread
Old 07-25-2021, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
I think that is a very good lot.

When we rode by there on Sunday, we saw another couple in a golf cart driving over that lot, so people are sure out there looking around.

The retention pond is a little odd because it appears to be divided by a strip of dirt in the middle. We thought that was only temporary and would be removed, but it looked like there were shrubs being planted in the dirt area.

If we go out there tomorrow, we will look at it more carefully and take a picture.
That area is built like that on purpose. Those are cypress trees meant to be flooded and then dried out over and over as the water rises and falls on rainfall.
Old 07-25-2021, 10:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgal44 View Post
Now we are trying to decide between the laurel oak and the zinnia (stretched). Any input would be appreciated.
Compare the square foot size of each house.
Old 07-25-2021, 10:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRP2TV View Post
That area is built like that on purpose. Those are cypress trees meant to be flooded and then dried out over and over as the water rises and falls on rainfall.
And how is that better than just having a normal pond like everywhere else in TV?
Old 07-26-2021, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
And how is that better than just having a normal pond like everywhere else in TV?
Never stated it was better. Just something different and interesting.
Old 07-26-2021, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,048 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRP2TV View Post
We are buying with a clear and present view of the massive power lines in the back.

We choose to look at it as a positive, as there can never ever be houses built behind us. No kissing lanais for us. Just open land for where those lines go through. Some well placed trees and landscaping will take the focus off most of it.

In reality, this is a no brainer trade-off for all the great things they are planning for that area.
As long as you are aware of what you are purchasing more power to you.
Old 07-26-2021, 06:34 PM
Default Definitely…

Quote:
I am looking to move to T.V. Currently, new sales are in Citrus Grove. I just put a deposit on a lot on danielson loop behind a retention pond in line with hole number 3 on the southern oaks golf course. After placing the deposit, I noticed that there was a light green area on the map which indicates non village property. It is located a little below hole number 5 on the golf course. I asked my salesman what will be put there. He keeps saying he is looking into it. Within two days, I must wire transfer my next check to him. I am concerned. I watched a drone video and it looks like the green area will be a power station. It seems to be about 1/4 mile away from my location on Danielson on loop. How dangerous is that. Will there be high towers which will be seen from my location? Also, wondering if I will hear noise from the tpke. And the new ezell rec center, something I did not see originally. If I cancel now, I would only lose $2500 versus $10,000. Please help!
I put a hold on a home on Danielson and decided to let it go because of the turnpike noise. Could of been the direction of the wind that particular day ,but, the sound was surprisingly loud. Can’t you transfer your money to another house within the first few weeks? I thought I read someone was able to transfer their money from a villa that was their second choice when their first choice which was a veranda home unexpectedly came back on the market. Ask your sales person about that.
Old 08-03-2021, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
This thread with the worries about not being happy with your location makes us happy we bought in an established village and knew what we were getting.
I would love to have done that but it was nearly impossible to find a three, let alone a four car garage with two master suites and a light or white interior. If you know of any, I’m still open.
Old 08-03-2021, 09:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
I would love to have done that but it was nearly impossible to find a three, let alone a four car garage with two master suites and a light or white interior. If you know of any, I’m still open.
Walls can easily be painted... I've seen plenty of 3 car garages and a few 4 car (but they were premier homes)... Only a few w/a 2nd (but smaller) Master Suite...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-03-2021, 10:50 PM

As for traffic noise, we were put up in the Marsh Bend area for design appointment and we find the traffic noise here exponentially louder than Citrus Grove.
Old 08-04-2021, 05:17 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 535 Posts
Default Beautiful lots and homes

Wow, the lots and homes that just went up for sale along the golf course are breathtaking. There seem to be a bunch of naysayers on this blog who would rather not take a look or who have some kind of a preconceived idea? It’s OK, but why be so negative about it? Welcome all!

https://www.thevillages.com/homefinder/S72V.28?new&preowned&homesites&status&lng=-81.96428135171149&lat=28.77961765242652&lvl=9

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 08-04-2021, 11:57 AM

Our house 2 hours south of The Villages backs up to a fairly busy two lane road with only a greenspace in between and we get a lot of noise especially from trucks. We hoped the 100 yards or so of trees and underbrush would make a difference but it honestly doesn't. After 2 years we still hear the noise but we're used to it, but very much look forward to our house in Bradford which is far enough from Morse not to hear traffic on it and only in the dead of night have we ever heard anything from a distant turnpike. People who've lived in similar settings aren't going to care, but if you're coming from a rural or suburban area the noise from the turnpike is going to take some getting used to.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:07 AM
Platinum member

We lived 15+ years 1/2 mile away from 1-95(5 lanes vs 2 on the turnpike) in Palm Beach County. Lived west of the road, but road did have a concrete wall barrier. Only heard road noise when wind coming from east.

Do not know if builder offers to install impact resistant windows. They were extremely good at cutting down outside noise and are much better quality than the builder grade windows most contractors use. They might also qualify to lower your Homeowner insurance premium.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriAnn View Post
I put a hold on a home on Danielson and decided to let it go because of the turnpike noise. Could of been the direction of the wind that particular day ,but, the sound was surprisingly loud. Can’t you transfer your money to another house within the first few weeks? I thought I read someone was able to transfer their money from a villa that was their second choice when their first choice which was a veranda home unexpectedly came back on the market. Ask your sales person about that.
Yes i could have but in my opinion, there are no great lots in citrus grove which are large enough for a 3 or 4 car garage with a view not nearer to the turnpike or the power lines. This would not have been my first choice of villages to live but all other villages coming out in the near future appear to be even closer to a major road with no great views.
Old 08-05-2021, 06:01 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 535 Posts

Quote:
Yes i could have but in my opinion, there are no great lots in citrus grove which are large enough for a 3 or 4 car garage with a view not nearer to the turnpike or the power lines. This would not have been my first choice of villages to live but all other villages coming out in the near future appear to be even closer to a major road with no great views.
Fenney Hammock lots open up tomorrow. They are all view lots and far from the turnpike. Look for Fenney on the map, then look for the GreyFox Golf Course.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning

Last edited by Normal; 08-05-2021 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-12-2021, 04:08 PM
Default Be warned

Quote:
I am looking to move to T.V. Currently, new sales are in Citrus Grove. I just put a deposit on a lot on danielson loop behind a retention pond in line with hole number 3 on the southern oaks golf course. After placing the deposit, I noticed that there was a light green area on the map which indicates non village property. It is located a little below hole number 5 on the golf course. I asked my salesman what will be put there. He keeps saying he is looking into it. Within two days, I must wire transfer my next check to him. I am concerned. I watched a drone video and it looks like the green area will be a power station. It seems to be about 1/4 mile away from my location on Danielson on loop. How dangerous is that. Will there be high towers which will be seen from my location? Also, wondering if I will hear noise from the tpke. And the new ezell rec center, something I did not see originally. If I cancel now, I would only lose $2500 versus $10,000. Please help!
Be very careful with these realtors at the villages .. they are only interested in getting a commission.. period . I have spoken to two realtors already both are worthless .. be very very careful .. power lines scrubland crappy “water front “ lots very very disappointed with the realtors I have dealt with
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, village, citrus, number, hole

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.