The buildout.

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2013, 12:16 PM
Sage
Default The buildout.

Do you think this is it... Or do you think they will continue?

Please tell me why you believe the way you do
Old 02-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

guess you have to define "it", to answer that question.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
Do you think this is it... Or do you think they will continue?

Please tell me why you believe the way you do
guess you have to define "it", to answer that question.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Sage
My personal opinion is they are wrapping it up based on The Villages Inc not owning any more property, no permits being applied for, and the developer saying from the beginning they would not build south of SR44. Also, they won't build in Lake County.

Perhaps Mark Morse will have some big announcements to make when he conducts his 'State of The Villages' meeting later this spring. He always says listen to him, not to the gossip. Get there early, when the date and time are announced, or you won't get in.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
My personal opinion is they are wrapping it up based on The Villages Inc not owning any more property, no permits being applied for, and the developer saying from the beginning they would not build south of SR44. Also, they won't build in Lake County.

Perhaps Mark Morse will have some big announcements to make when he conducts his 'State of The Villages' meeting later this spring. He always says listen to him, not to the gossip. Get there early, when the date and time are announced, or you won't get in.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-22-2013, 01:51 PM

Why won't the developer build in Lake county?
Old 02-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Veteran member

I think, and I have stated this before, the developer is in business to make money, if I had the printing press the developer has with The Villages, I would do everything I could to keep that printing press running and printing out $$$$. Now does that mean this is it for The Villages in Florida and the next step is The Villages Texas or Arizona or South Florida or .... I guess only the developer knows for sure
Old 02-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Veteran member

I think they are going to continue building south of SR44.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Location: Live in Fruitland Park, Work in Citrus County, Plan to retire in Villages around 2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by andercat View Post
Why won't the developer build in Lake county?
I thought I read somewhere, long ago, it had something to do with the St. John's Water Management District, which covers Lake County.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Platinum member

What a perfect place to initiate unfounded rumors!

My gut tells me that The Developer has realized that The Villages has actually reached its geographical comfort zone.

Also, He has realized that further development may very well be contradictory to his Overall Plan! That is, there must be a physical limit on size, because otherwise folks will say, "It's too big; we can't support such a huge place!"

Please understand my point of view: 'my gut!' There is absolutely no basis in fact to these observations!

SWR
Old 02-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Sage

I think your gut is right on - the difficulty in getting t times and the long lines at restaurants and the traffic in the winter are pretty bad. I know it's only for about 4 months, but it is the 4 best months that people come here for. If things get too tight people will start to look where living might be a little more comfortable.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
What a perfect place to initiate unfounded rumors!

My gut tells me that The Developer has realized that The Villages has actually reached its geographical comfort zone.

Also, He has realized that further development may very well be contradictory to his Overall Plan! That is, there must be a physical limit on size, because otherwise folks will say, "It's too big; we can't support such a huge place!"

Please understand my point of view: 'my gut!' There is absolutely no basis in fact to these observations!

SWR

If the buildout is in the very near future, then why are the Morses sinking $27 million for a new Turnpike exit?

Could there be a "Villages South" in the planning on the southwest side of the turnpike? Sure is alot of open land there between the turnpike and the federal prison.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:57 PM

Earlier this month, a high-placed supervisor with one of the major construction-related businesses told me that build-out should be reached within 2.5 years, August 2015. He also stated that another of the major construction-related businesses has begun laying off its workforce in preparation of the impending build-out.

The 2013 State of the Villages presentation should be interesting....

Last edited by gmcneill; 02-23-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.