Buildout? Nope. Never.

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2017, 09:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,938 Times in 2,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw14 View Post
Heck, I don't care if TV build's 100,000 more homes. As long as your house go's UP in value (& it will) I'll be a Happy camper. I wish All of us could take it with U when the time comes.
IMO Prices as flat right or slightly down now due to amount of home for sale. IMO good time to buyers market.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
IMO Prices as flat right or slightly down now due to amount of home for sale. IMO good time to buyers market.
I disagree. Type in your address and see what Zillow or on of the other sites says it's worth. Bet it will have gone up in the last six months.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:41 PM
Sage

Quote:

Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2017, 11:39 PM
Sage

The Zillow "Zestimates" are not without errors, sometimes substantial. They have some proprietary algorithms they use to come up with an estimate. They may not have complete and accurate information for your house, upon which the Zestimate is based. For example, any improvements that are not linked to a building permit that triggers a change in your tax base may not be incorporated. The bottom line is that Zillow is a good resource for finding out what houses may have sold for recently and what is on the market (although that may be triggered by an MLS listing so it isn't clear that houses listed through The Villages Reality will be included). I would be hesitant to estimate the value of my house based on a Zillow Zestimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I disagree. Type in your address and see what Zillow or on of the other sites says it's worth. Bet it will have gone up in the last six months.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:48 PM
Sage

Zillow is for amateurs. All real estate is local, ask any professional.

Old 08-21-2017, 12:19 AM
Sage

The trouble with that approach is they will need to look at comps and evaluate what is in your home. I believe it is unethical to waste someone's time when you have no intention of selling your property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Zillow is for amateurs. All real estate is local, ask any professional.

Old 08-21-2017, 01:19 AM
Veteran member
Thumbs down NEVER Rely on Zillow Prices!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
The Zillow "Zestimates" are not without errors, sometimes substantial. They have some proprietary algorithms they use to come up with an estimate. They may not have complete and accurate information for your house, upon which the Zestimate is based. For example, any improvements that are not linked to a building permit that triggers a change in your tax base may not be incorporated. The bottom line is that Zillow is a good resource for finding out what houses may have sold for recently and what is on the market (although that may be triggered by an MLS listing so it isn't clear that houses listed through The Villages Reality will be included). I would be hesitant to estimate the value of my house based on a Zillow Zestimate.
Never, and I repeat NEVER believe that a Zillow estimate of your house is accurate! It isn't.

If you are interested in selling your home and really want to know the true value of your property, ask a Realtor to do a market analysis.
You will then get the true value of what your house is worth.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
Never, and I repeat NEVER believe that a Zillow estimate of your house is accurate! It isn't.

If you are interested in selling your home and really want to know the true value of your property, ask a Realtor to do a market analysis.
Well then ask a danged realtor and they will tell you what I said, that your home here has increased in value in the last six months. UNLESS it has animal pee smell, not nicely kept, smoked in or no green grass. And it will sell quickly unless they guide you to overprice it.

We sold our first house here by ourselves. They are easy to sell.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:41 AM
Sage

Did you not read my post? I said that Zillow Zestimates are not without error and gave the reasons why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post

Old 08-21-2017, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,938 Times in 2,458 Posts

Quote:
I was using zillow for the amount of homes shown on the market by realtors. But, that usually don't include FSBO so they are slightly more on the marketplace. Using zillow For realtor listing posted on zillow it increase viewers of the property's zillow sometimes added and estimated value I guess based on previous sales or similar sales in ththe area. Everybody's knows most listed prices are high so you can get reasonable offer before your lowballed. Any house I only worth what someone willing to pay and someone willing to sell it for reguardless of listed price. For some homes the price will alway go up due to location or limitations. For the average location and average house IMO bases on house prices that I look at they are flat right now
Old 08-21-2017, 07:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
I was using zillow for the amount of homes shown on the market by realtors. But, that usually don't include FSBO so they are slightly more on the marketplace. Using zillow For realtor listing posted on zillow it increase viewers of the property's zillow sometimes added and estimated value I guess based on previous sales or similar sales in ththe area. Everybody's knows most listed prices are high so you can get reasonable offer before your lowballed. Any house I only worth what someone willing to pay and someone willing to sell it for reguardless of listed price. For some homes the price will alway go up due to location or limitations. For the average location and average house IMO bases on house prices that I look at they are flat right now
I don't agree.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:44 AM
Veteran member

Hmmm, if ur house went UP in value in the past 6 months & the market is flat right now, ur still ahead of the game.......
Old 08-21-2017, 07:47 AM
Sage

Taken from the HUD link I posted above;

Regulation
The Fair Housing Administration enforces the age requirement portion of the law by requiring that active adult communities file affidavits with them every two years. They have to ask the residents of their communities to show proof of age through driver's licenses, birth certificates, military IDs or state-issued ID cards. The must also keep a copy of the affidavits on file as long as they want to remain a 55+ community.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:59 AM

This a very interesting thread. Frankly my wife and I have never looked at any house we have owned as an " investment ". An investment can be guaranteed like a CD and appreciate at 1.5 % or so a year, or speculative such as stocks with significant ups and downs. You do not use " investments to take a shower in, park your car in, watch TV and go to bed. Housing is of use and if not maintained generally depreciates. When it is sold, if you are fortunate, it might be worth more money. We have just purchased our last house and expect to be carried out of it feet first. Before that happens though it will be thoroughly used and enjoyed. Our estate will not care one way or the other what it is worth at that time , other then to change this particular asset into cash so it can be distributed to our heirs.
Old 08-21-2017, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesiegel View Post
For me, the Fennie expansion indicates that the PROFESSIONAL management, which increases or maintains the VALUE of your home, will continue.
Image what this place would be like with the inmates running it?
Good post!
I agree.
Closed Thread

Tags
manly, kelsea, villages, [sarcasm, mark

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.