Bulk Food?

Closed Thread
Old 10-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Veteran member
Default Bulk Food?

Does anyone know of a y bulk food store that is accessible from here. I am looking for quinoa in bulk as the health food store only carries little boxes of it and we go through it fairly regularly. Thanks for any suggestions.

LW888
Old 10-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworker888 View Post
Does anyone know of a y bulk food store that is accessible from here. I am looking for quinoa in bulk as the health food store only carries little boxes of it and we go through it fairly regularly. Thanks for any suggestions.

LW888
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_sabc?url=search-alias%3Daps&pageMinusResults=1&suo=1350056644004#/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=quinoa&sprefix=quino&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aqui noa]Amazon.com[/ame]

Amazon.com has it in bulk
Old 10-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Veteran member

Thanks. I just found a Whole Foods in Orlando that has it for $3 something a pound so I think it may be worth a trip and we can stop and have Dim Sum at Ming Court which is a real treat!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Veteran member

Along that vein, where is the health food store near TV??

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Veteran member
Default Lake Nutrition

The only health food store in The Villages as far as I know is Lake Nutrition which is in the Plaza Grande between Belks and Publix. It is a very small store and has to limit its stock and selection. For the label of healthiest hometown, I think it would be very useful to have more health food stores available throughout the city. While Sweetbay has some selection of organics, and Publix does have more organics, for things like homeopathics and herbals, I have to go to the health food store. I find the level of information regarding these types of foods and the GMO concerns etc. is not readily available to the general public and consequently the level of awareness is not particularly high.

I guess that is why there is only one health food store for 90,000 people!

LW888
Old 10-12-2012, 11:33 AM

Regarding GMO foods, "Whole Foods" has been accused of fraudulently saying their foods are GMO-free. Check them out on You Tube under "Whole Foods and GMO."
Old 10-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Veteran member

Saw that the other day. I also got an article about Obama and Romney both eating only non-gmo organic but both of them supporting the big corps that are resisting the labelling initiative that is currently being brought forward in Caliornia. Regardless of your party affiliation, you have to get the info yourself and make your own choices.

Here is a link to an excellent video on GMO which will be available for free until Oct. 17th. If you haven't seen it, it is well worth watching if only to get more informed.

Genetic Roulette MovieGenetic Roulette | The Gamble of Our Lives

Let's hope that California can get the support to do what is right. All they are asking is to have products labelled if they contain GMO's. No one is asking to ban the GMO's so labelling will let everyone make their own choices. I can't see why that could be a bad thing for Californians or for anyone.

LW888

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.