Bulk Pick Up

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2019, 08:29 PM
Default Bulk Pick Up

I'm new to the Village of Pine Hills. Is there a bulk pick up for large items that I'd like to get rid of?
Old 08-27-2019, 09:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiesteck@optonline.net View Post
I'm new to the Village of Pine Hills. Is there a bulk pick up for large items that I'd like to get rid of?

You have to call for bulk items. This should answer your questions: (darn - link won't upload since it a PDF)
Lots of good info on districtgov.org just do a search for SANITATION

From the FAQ:
Does the fee include disposal of bulk items?
Yes. Please contact 352-750-0000 to schedule a bulk item pick-up.

Where do I dispose of bulk items that do not fit inside the bag?
Garbage too big, bulky or heavy to fit in a normal trash bag is considered a “bulk item.”
Bulk items should be scheduled for a pick-up. Bulk items include furniture, large
household trash, pallets, homeowner-generated remodeling debris, bicycles, lawn
mowers, mattresses, loose items in open boxes, toilets, carpeting, fencing, lumber,
computers, and other electronic equipment.
Bulk items should be placed curbside and at least three feet (3’) away from your normal
household garbage, mailboxes, utility poles, trees, gas or water meters, fire hydrants,
cars, sprinkler heads or anything else that collection equipment could damage, or come in
contact with. Do not mix bulk items or appliances or collection cannot take place.

Last edited by EdFNJ; 08-27-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:07 PM

Thank you so much. I am also originally from NJ
Old 08-28-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
You have to call for bulk items. This should answer your questions: (darn - link won't upload since it a PDF)
Lots of good info on districtgov.org just do a search for SANITATION

From the FAQ:
Does the fee include disposal of bulk items?
Yes. Please contact 352-750-0000 to schedule a bulk item pick-up.

Where do I dispose of bulk items that do not fit inside the bag?
Garbage too big, bulky or heavy to fit in a normal trash bag is considered a “bulk item.”
Bulk items should be scheduled for a pick-up. Bulk items include furniture, large
household trash, pallets, homeowner-generated remodeling debris, bicycles, lawn
mowers, mattresses, loose items in open boxes, toilets, carpeting, fencing, lumber,
computers, and other electronic equipment.
Bulk items should be placed curbside and at least three feet (3’) away from your normal
household garbage, mailboxes, utility poles, trees, gas or water meters, fire hydrants,
cars, sprinkler heads or anything else that collection equipment could damage, or come in
contact with. Do not mix bulk items or appliances or collection cannot take place.
Seriously?

Wow! Just Wow!

And I just was reading a thread where people were discussing was to reduce the trash fee's. Seriously folks, we are in a bubble! Service like this at the trash fee make it a real deal!
Old 08-28-2019, 01:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Thank you so much. I am also originally from NJ
We will still allow you tho stay.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
Seriously?

Wow! Just Wow!

And I just was reading a thread where people were discussing was to reduce the trash fee's. Seriously folks, we are in a bubble! Service like this at the trash fee make it a real deal!

It was the same in our urban town in NJ, free pickup and there was no charge however we were paying $10K/yr in taxes so I guess that is a "charge." In fact there was no need to even call them. It was the 4th Friday every month. When we moved they even give 1 move out pickup which was a special "private" truck which they needed for the almost 50yrs of "stuff" we got rid of that we couldn't sell, donate or give away. We didn't even need a mover to come down here we dumped so much. Just a 4 x 4 x 8 tall pod mostly filled with Snapple (LOL).
Old 08-28-2019, 05:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
We will still allow you tho stay.
Old 08-28-2019, 07:59 PM

Lol
Old 08-30-2019, 08:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts
Default My opinion

Quote:
First of all there is more than one company that handles trash pick up in the Villages. Find out who your company is and call them.
Ours is waste management. Bulk trash likely does not mean the same thing to everyone reading your question. When, we first moved in I had 200 cartons to get rid of. To my surprise waste management told me I could out out as much as I wished. I did flatten the boxes and stuffed as meany as I could into boxes that I didn't flatten and all went well.

If, you have wood-furniture-list it on talk of the villages someone
surely will be able to use it. A little time, a hammer and a saw and you can bust up most anything to a size that your regular pick up will take.

Last edited by DAVES; 08-31-2019 at 07:49 AM. Reason: error
Closed Thread

Tags
bulk, pick, large, items, rid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.