Burglars caught with Polish Passports

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2016, 08:26 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Neighbors looking out for neighbors. Just like the old days!
Old 02-07-2016, 08:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
They did not just pick this house at random. They had to have been tipped off that there was something worth stealing. It could be that this home owner displayed her family silverware in a cabinet where it would be seen by anyone either working in the house or even a cleaning company. There are still some very beautiful and very valuable tea and coffee services around, and it would be easy to want to use it for decoration on a server in the dining room.

I had a very good friend who had inherited a complete set of sterling flatware and dishes plus the serving dishes from both her grandmother and then her mother. She kept it packed away in boxes because very few people in this day and age sets a table with silverware serving dishes and even less wants to be bothered with cleaning silver. There are plenty of people who have inherited silverware in their homes, and hopefully most of it is out of sight.

So the point of my message is to try to know as much as you can about anyone who comes into your home to do work for you.
The authorities have warned us about these travelling criminals. And it's been stated by police that their MO is to drive the neighborhoods, knock on doors, find noone home, and enter and burglarize. You make a good point about being cautious when letting strangers enter your home. But to connect these thieves with local labor is pure speculation.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I wish people would quit printing these negative stories about the villages. The Villages is the "safest town in the USA". BTW, was this from The Village Sun?
Old 02-07-2016, 09:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
I wish people would quit printing these negative stories about the villages. The Villages is the "safest town in the USA". BTW, was this from The Village Sun?
Doesn't help anything to bury your head in the sand. Better to be informed and aware.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
The authorities have warned us about these travelling criminals. And it's been stated by police that their MO is to drive the neighborhoods, knock on doors, find noone home, and enter and burglarize. You make a good point about being cautious when letting strangers enter your home. But to connect these thieves with local labor is pure speculation.
It would be great if this was pure speculation on my part, unfortunately I do know better. Lawn service empoloyees who were actually working in the yard when the owners left in their car and did not bother to break into a safe in a closet, but carried the safe away with everything in it. To top that off, there was a very large dog in the house who never got off the couch!!!

The owner of the company (who we know very well) said it is the hardest thing to get reputable employees for this type of labor force due to the low pay.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-07-2016, 09:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
$40,000 worth of silverware? Get the fork out of here!
$40,000 worth of silverware? I think we're being spoon fed some BS.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 02-07-2016, 09:58 AM
Platinum member

I'm a big believer in monitored electronic home security systems! I wish we all had them.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:59 AM
Gold member

The owner probably thinks all their silverware is worth that much, but I bet the going sale price would be much less than they think. And what's the point of having all stuff like that all packed away in boxes. A few years ago I sold all my silverware pieces because I really hadn't used anything in years and the kids are not into that type of life where they'd use any of it.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:06 AM
Veteran member

What does it matter how much the silverware cost someone could have been hurt or killed. And we question the cost of the silverware. Lets get real about what happened.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:14 AM
Veteran member

Now all those two Polish dudes will be serving is time!
Old 02-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdawg View Post
What does it matter how much the silverware cost someone could have been hurt or killed. And we question the cost of the silverware. Lets get real about what happened.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
I see no conflict here. The Villages is, if not the safest, then certainly one of the safest towns in the country.

That does not mean that there is no crime. We still need to be aware.

I just don't think we need to feel the same as people that live in the inner cities of Detroit, Miami and other high crime areas.

Crime does happen here it just happens much less than other places. Unless you want to completely fortify your house and never go out there is always a risk of being the victim of some sort of crime. The odds are simply a lot lower here. How much of a chance you take is up to you.

Do you want to spend money on a monitored home security system? That depends on how much they cost and what you think are the chances of your home getting burglarized. Everyone gets to make their own decisions on these matters.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Veteran member

And how would they know that this particular house had that many "goods". How does one target a house? Just pick one?

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 02-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety Bird View Post
And how would they know that this particular house had that many "goods". How does one target a house? Just pick one?
Maybe a cleaning employee, maybe spotted by a service worker, maybe just by peeping in a window.

Hopefully, these guys will not be let out on bail so they can steal more things.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweety Bird View Post
Why not? If, instead, they had broken into the house next door and gotten $10,000 worth of jewelry we would never have known the neighbors' silverware existed. Then someone would say "they must have known about the jewelry!"

If there was only $1,000 in jewelry stolen we wouldn't know about any of it.

Slaughter on 10th Avenue (and more) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMo6w...gbuFRTT06nS9pn
Closed Thread

Tags
polish, deputies, center, village, durango, silverware, sheriff’s, winifred, recreation, residence, driver, sumter, county, stolen, similar, person, szynkler, inside, czerner, suspect’s, blood, hound, track, hotel, week

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.