Burglary in Fernandina

Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Platinum member

Everybody.......please.......think about getting a security system!
Old 12-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedwards38 View Post
Everybody.......please.......think about getting a security system!
Got one, a five shot and the other one is a six shot.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:59 AM
Sage

the problem with guns and these break ins is that the owners are absent. a gun in the drawer is just a bonus for these thieves.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyCrocked View Post
Well said.
I'd like to know how many crimes that were reported on TOTV turned out to be lies? Also, provide the link to said lies.
OH, for Pete's sake. (who is Pete anyway?) Can't we just take the advice as given, be more cognizant of what's going on in the neighborhood, and leave it at that? What's with all the "false reporting" and fact finding. These so-called trolls are having a field day with all this dissension, if the "troll" thing is even true...hmmmm, maybe you made that up...gimme some facts. C'mon people...
Old 12-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

For whatever reason, I feel obligated to post something on this as I was one who, and to a different degree still do, was a doubter.

I have been posting on this TOTV for a number of years, and have lived in The Villages for many many, and can tell you a few things.

First, people who post on message boards do not always tell the truth. I am open to discussion on subjects, but enjoy those on which the discussion is based on facts that can be validated with links, etc. There have been many many false reports on here on a number of subject.

For me, if I was a victim, this probably might be the last place I would go to share, but then again, I am not big into sharing my life with anyone (much much too boring).

Secondly, there is crime in The Villages. To me, that is just a fact as it is all over this country. As long as there has been construction in The Villages, there have been break ins.

Fact that I posted what I did does not represent a lack of feeling for those who are victims.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:11 AM

The Sumter Co. Sheriff is being proactive and watching out for us. Last Monday morning at 1:53AM My kids were driving in from out of state. They had been on the road for 11 hours and were exactly 1 mi. from our house. They were stopped on Morse Blvd just above 466A by a Deputy for having a license plate light out. The deputy looked inside the vehicle and asked how many people were in it. Here we had a white F150 pick-up from out of state at 2 AM. Good profile. I'm happy to see they are looking out for us. BTW he gave them a warning for the light (when he pulled in the driveway we found the light was fine)
Old 12-27-2013, 09:18 AM
Veteran member

Just curious as to how many people would like to have ALL arrests published in the Sun. It would be quite the police blotter but would also be informative. I read the Star Banner and it does contain this info for Marion County.
Would it be worth it? Does it matter? Would you feel safer knowing or threatened? Does anybody care if there was a meth bust in Coleman or Umatilla?
I've mentioned this on another thread that my hometown paper did this on all arrests. Just asking if it would be "needed"?

Dr. Seuss
Old 12-27-2013, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdlfan View Post
Just curious as to how many people would like to have ALL arrests published in the Sun. It would be quite the police blotter but would also be informative. I read the Star Banner and it does contain this info for Marion County.
Would it be worth it? Does it matter? Would you feel safer knowing or threatened? Does anybody care if there was a meth bust in Coleman or Umatilla?
I've mentioned this on another thread that my hometown paper did this on all arrests. Just asking if it would be "needed"?

I LIKE to know what is happening. I like the police blotter because it reports arrests and doesn't sensationalize.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:31 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdlfan View Post
I think this is a good question, jbdlfan. Personally, I would like this information very accessible but not printed in the Daily Sun. My preference would be for the villages dash news to carry this info. I want the Sun to provide the information to me in the form it is currently delivered and that would alleviate any angst against the Sun in the event something is missed or misstated. I could tap into the villages dash news anytime I wanted a police blotter fix.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:36 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default Great advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuys View Post
It was on Allaire Loop Village of Fernandina, Yes it sounds like Allure Loop which is in not in the area.

1: Sumter Sheriff called Community Watch Dispatch to inform them of the situation.

2: Community Watch South Supervisor was dispatched by Community Watch to meet the Sumter Sheriff on scene.

3: Suspect is a young White male. Black Pants, Black Backpack, Black Bandana

4: Sheriff Dogs were tracking.

5: Situition is still under investigation.

Some Advise-

People in that area should keep garage doors down.

All Home doors locked.

Do not advertise that you are leaving, always make it appear someone is home.

Neighbors watch out for each other. Please report all suspicious individual(s) and call 911 immediately.

Most home intrusions occur between 12-4 ( yes there has been more than one in the last few months.)

There is no hype on this post just facts. It did occur.

All records of events are open for the public to view at community watch.

Many times police events are given to the HOA for posting at a later event by the Sheriff.

The crime rate is under .8% in The Villages. Let us respect the poor victims who were part of that .8 %.

To them it is very real, it did happen.
Thanks for posting and giving us good info. Thanks to OP for info....even though he was attacked by some. I've said for a long time that it's better to be more safe than sorry.

(My name is Karen)
Old 12-27-2013, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengid View Post
The Sumter Co. Sheriff is being proactive and watching out for us.
Unfortunately, if the ACLU gets wind of this there will allegations of profiling....
let's face it, we are an affluent community surrounded by "less-affluent" communities...and prime targets for those who are desperate. As time goes on there will be more reports like the OP.

We need to be vigilant....
Old 12-27-2013, 09:50 AM
Default Information

After reading the many posts on this topic I can only offer the following:

Marion County Sheriff's Office
Web Marion County Sheriff | - Village Res telephone 352-753-2211

Sumter County Sherriff's Office
Web Welcome to the Sumter County Sheriff's Office Website - telephone 352-569-1600
They have a crime line 800-423-TIPS

You can always call 911

I would love to see a Police type Blotter just to help with awareness.

Would I think of selling or not buying after reading any of the posts "H*** NO"

I am not going to bite that apple and leave Paradise.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

i always wonder how a post about making us aware of a possible issue becomes a bashing of posters...thanks to all who's post was about the possible issues at hand
Old 12-27-2013, 10:03 AM
TOTV Moderator

A number of posts with direct or indirect comments directed at each other have been deleted.

Please stay on topic and lean more on facts than rumors and innuendo.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:03 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default Knowledge is power

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTing View Post
After reading the many posts on this topic I can only offer the following:

Marion County Sheriff's Office
Web Marion County Sheriff | - Village Res telephone 352-753-2211

Sumter County Sherriff's Office
Web Welcome to the Sumter County Sheriff's Office Website - telephone 352-569-1600
They have a crime line 800-423-TIPS

You can always call 911

I would love to see a Police type Blotter just to help with awareness.

Would I think of selling or not buying after reading any of the posts "H*** NO"

I am not going to bite that apple and leave Paradise.
I think knowledge is a good thing........and I'd love to see a Police-type Blotter. We have it up here in Swimdawg North and not only is it informative, but it is entertaining as well. Some of the police calls listed are LOL funny........and some very serious. Bottom line: knowledge is power.

(My name is Karen)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.