Septic Treatment

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Default Septic Treatment

Last night in chat it was brought up that you should be aware of the location of the septic fields, but no one got around to actually saying where they were.

In two weeks we will be buying a pre-owned home in TV and I sure don't want any stinky surprises. Can someone tell me where they hid these septic systems? How many are in TV ?
Thanks, Lin
Old 08-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Default Re: Septic Treatment

NONE. We are all on city utilities. Water, sewage, trash, etc...
Old 08-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Default Re: Septic Treatment and other surprises

water treatment/sewer plants exist on el camino across from santo domingo and off belle meade in springdale. and i know i've passed one on either morse or buena vista south of 466. (sorry i'm not down there enough to really recall which road it's on)
the one on el camino has had fowl odor emission issues some years.
again while not as bad as jan's backyard train surprise. heavy traffic to new shopping plazas has also caght many new home owners by surprise.
the villages is constantly adding restaurants and stores for better and worse.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Sage

There are sewage (or reclaimed water???) treatment buildings bordering buena vista and bonita (and bacall golf course...approx hole #3) that affects some houses in Largo neighborhood. Also see another one on Morse and Havana golf course...no houses too close by yet. They are large, low, round buildings surrounded by landscaping. Ask your agent and demand disclosure on where they are when you are looking. Both these locations are well south of 466.

Again, I'm not sure if it's wastewater treatment or reclaimed irrigation water...regardless they can be aromatic.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:57 AM

Thanks for all the information...silly me :redface:I knew they weren't septic fields or tanks. Excuse my wording. I should have asked exactly what they were.
Anyway, we will be aware as we look and keep our noses in the air!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.