Business opportunities

Closed Thread
Old 09-02-2022, 09:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,440 Times in 5,518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Breakfast and lunch is covered down here. The villages south of 44 could use a lot of businesses. Start off with one of the sub sandwich franchises or an independent one as there is nothing down here, a DQ franchise, Wendy's, Burger King, UPS store, it's wide open south of 44 but what might be coming is kept pretty much under wraps so you don't know what your competition might be once you open.
This could be a huge problem, no fun having a competitor next door.
Old 09-02-2022, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,348 Times in 2,861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
You would have more clients than you could possibly accommodate if you offered a reasonably priced and reliable weed pulling service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
Let me repeat myself, if it was economically viable someone would already be providing that service.
I think it’s economically viable, and almost zero capital commitment up front to get started. The problem is nobody wants to spend several hours a day on their hands and knees in the scorching sun and heat while getting bitten by fire ants. So there is that.
Old 09-02-2022, 10:20 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Lobster

Cousins Maine Lobster, either the truck or the sit down restaurant. Lots of work, but you always have a line of customers waiting.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 09-02-2022, 10:33 AM

breakfast lunch business on rt 44 near brownwood could work. Maybe put one in Lake Deaton plaza.
Old 09-02-2022, 11:13 AM

Look up daiquirideck.com
3 locations in sarasota County.
That is a unique idea for the villages.
Old 09-02-2022, 06:40 PM
Veteran member

Maybe a restaurant with healthy menu choices. No sugar and low sodium.
Old 09-02-2022, 08:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,440 Times in 5,518 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean1981 View Post
Maybe a restaurant with healthy menu choices. No sugar and low sodium.
Wonder if a restaurant like that would survive?
Old 09-02-2022, 08:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Wonder if a restaurant like that would survive?
Well, we don't eat out a lot because we avoid all sugar, corn syrup, etc. But, we may be unusual?? I know there is a Keto group in The Villages.
Old 09-02-2022, 11:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool We Have no Pollo Tropical Restaurants. Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gent3278 View Post
My wife and I just sold our breakfast lunch business in Indiana. We are currently looking for opportunities in and around The Villages. What type of businesses do you think would be successful in that area? We are both in our mid 50’s and plan on working in some capacity for 10 more years.
You don't have them in Indiana but it has always puzzled me and surprised me why no one has opened a Pollo Tropical in this area. They are so popular south of us and they do a phenomenal business. It is much different than Chick-Fil-A and what they offer doesn't taste like fast food.

The closest ones to here are in Orlando and you might consider going to one of them to check it out. That could be an option for you. and I will be your first customer!
Old 09-03-2022, 04:56 AM
Default Business

I know what I wish someone would try. Businesses seem to assume that Villagers only like shall I say, provincial food. Yes. we have Mexican, Italian, (bad) Chinese, Japanese, 1 Thai and Vietnamese. We do not have: Middle Eastern, Indian, Korean, French, Brazilian, Ethiopian, Columbian, Cuban and others.

Somehow it is very often "American", e.g. a burger joint, a deli, a Dennys/Bob Evans, etc. Those are fine, but we need variety.

Look at how Vietnamese food has taken off here in the last 2 to 3 years. Villagers like to eat out. Find something you can model on the local Vietnamese restaurants (they also do not have a lot of employees) but bring in a new cuisine so that we have more restaurant variety.

My observation is that it is unusual for a restaurant to fail here, probably because we like to eat out so much. But I think a restaurant that offered a new variety of food would be mobbed.
Old 09-03-2022, 05:14 AM
Veteran member

Carvel or Boston Market
Old 09-03-2022, 05:35 AM

Quote:
My wife and I just sold our breakfast lunch business in Indiana. We are currently looking for opportunities in and around The Villages. What type of businesses do you think would be successful in that area? We are both in our mid 50’s and plan on working in some capacity for 10 more years.
Good is big down here and right now we have seen a number of restaurants either vlose down or change hands due to an extreme lack of applicants. I imagine with your experience you might consider restaurant supervisor or manager role. Or just about that ole in any business. Management of a golf store? There are 2 on every corner.
Old 09-03-2022, 05:45 AM
Veteran member

I would agree that an ethnic restaurant would be workable. That may be too restrictively scoped for here but an ethnic food restaurant might make it (besides Chinese or Mexican or Italian). Just have to find the waiters, cooks, bus staff and afford to pay them what they demand.
Old 09-03-2022, 06:06 AM
Default Business opportunities

Quote:
Pet sitting, checking on homes monthly while people snowbird, driving people to medical appointments or getting their groceries or prescriptions. The driving them to appointments may need a special insurance though - if they fell getting out of your car, not good!!
Old 09-03-2022, 06:06 AM
Default Papa Murphy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelswithD&K View Post
Papa Murphys at Magnolia Plaza (South of 44). Inexpensive franchise, good pizza, and requires very few people to run it.
I live right near Magnolia Plaza, Not aware of Papa Murphy's Pizza here? Marcos will be opening thought.
Closed Thread

Tags
business, opportunities, successful, area, 50’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.