Buying a lot in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2023, 09:44 AM
Send a message via AIM to DM101
Default Buying a lot in the Villages

I've been getting conflicting stories on the process of buying a lot as soon as they get released from the Villages. The VLS realtor I've been working with says I can only use one agent to try to get the lot I want the day it comes available. I have others the tell me I should use multiple agents all trying to reserve my lot(s) at the minute they are released to increase my odds of getting that I want. Does anyone know the correct and best way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for your help and opinions.
Old 06-23-2023, 10:56 AM
Gold member

I don't think the Villagers allows you to use more than one of their sales people.
Old 06-23-2023, 10:58 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,856 Times in 3,690 Posts

"I have others the tell me"...............assuming these are NOT agents of TV.

Call the sales office and ask for a manager.
Old 06-23-2023, 12:31 PM

You can only have one VLS agent at a time. If multiple were allowed, every person would have 200+ sales agents when they were going for a lot.

I think the real issue is setting expectations. We bid on 7-8 lots over 9-10 months before we finally won one. Note we were not bidding on any lot, so were looking for a specific one with the size we wanted with a view we wanted. Times have changed since then, but for a high quality lot in a great location, I'm sure there will be multiple bids.

Bid on what you want, but don't expect to win the first time out the gate.
Old 06-23-2023, 02:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,591 Times in 1,333 Posts

We tried for 14 lots in Richmond, we were finally first on lot #9 that we built on, not the size or where we wanted, but put down our $10,000. 4 lots came up after that we hoped for, and didn’t get.

If we would have been #1@8:01a, we would have forfeited our first $10,000 for a different lot. Developers house, their rules.

One can only have one VLS agent, however if there is a husband and wife, you kind of have 2
Old 06-24-2023, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,649 Times in 3,164 Posts

You can't have any MLS agents selling you new lots, first of all (you didn't include whether you were referring to MLS agents or VLS agents so I figured I'd clarify). The Villages Holding owns the property, and they own the real estate division that sells the lots on their behalf. It is an exclusive sale.

With VLS (the Villages real estate), you get assigned an agent. If you don't like that agent I'm sure you can request a different one, but you can't have more than one selling you the lot at the same time.
Old 06-24-2023, 02:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM101 View Post
I've been getting conflicting stories on the process of buying a lot as soon as they get released from the Villages. The VLS realtor I've been working with says I can only use one agent to try to get the lot I want the day it comes available. I have others the tell me I should use multiple agents all trying to reserve my lot(s) at the minute they are released to increase my odds of getting that I want. Does anyone know the correct and best way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for your help and opinions.
You had other VLS agents telling you to hire more than one? They should be fired for misinformation.
Old 06-25-2023, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
We tried for 14 lots in Richmond, we were finally first on lot #9 that we built on, not the size or where we wanted, but put down our $10,000. 4 lots came up after that we hoped for, and didn’t get.

If we would have been #1@8:01a, we would have forfeited our first $10,000 for a different lot. Developers house, their rules.

One can only have one VLS agent, however if there is a husband and wife, you kind of have 2
This is the best answer. I won my bid in Newell and got what I wanted - and it STILL stinks. DO NOT SETTTLE. Assuming you are looking in Dabney, there are a LOT of lots. But if I were you I would look at pre-owned and see what you want. Building is a long and FRUSTRATING process. After you buy, you have anywhere from 6-12 projects that could take a year from buying the lot (6months to build and 6 months to customize). The "design" process is even MORE frustrating...

Garden City, Long Island, NY
West Islip, Long Island, NY
Village of Citrus Grove (2021)
Village of Newell (2023)
Old 06-25-2023, 05:26 AM

I used Jill coyne when we thought we wanted to be in Richmond. She got us a lot we wanted without any problem. As a matter of fact she actually got us three different lots (one with pond view) before we decided not to buy in Richmond.
Old 06-25-2023, 05:47 AM
Default Lots

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM101 View Post
Good Morning, you can only use one realtor but can change if you aren’t satisfied with the one you were assigned. We bought a lot in Lake Denham in May with no issues. It’s much easier now than in the past when we were looking. We are doing a new build with no issues, went pretty smooth. Wait time was 5 months for us.
Old 06-25-2023, 06:07 AM

I hope you don't play golf. The developer is not building golf courses south of 44 like they did north of 44. Currently the developer is short 10 executive courses in the developed area. This cannot be fixed as there are houses everywhere. The championships are short 12 nines in this same area. So if you are a golfer you should buy north of 44.
Old 06-25-2023, 06:34 AM

VLS agent is correct. You have one account and only one person can be in your account at one time. If you get caught with multiple accounts and try to use multiple people you will not get the homesite. They try to keep it as fair as possible.
Old 06-25-2023, 07:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,648 Times in 964 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littletommy View Post
I hope you don't play golf. The developer is not building golf courses south of 44 like they did north of 44. Currently the developer is short 10 executive courses in the developed area. This cannot be fixed as there are houses everywhere. The championships are short 12 nines in this same area. So if you are a golfer you should buy north of 44.
I thought there we/re 2 or 3 championships currently under construction and a bunch of executives as well, all south of 44? Along with the 6 already built south of 44 (and the 2 pitch and puts).

I must be mistaken.
Old 06-25-2023, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
I thought there we/re 2 or 3 championships currently under construction and a bunch of executives as well, all south of 44? Along with the 6 already built south of 44 (and the 2 pitch and puts).

I must be mistaken.
No, that is true. But even with those, there is a shortage of golf courses south of 44 based on the number of houses.
Old 06-25-2023, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
You had other VLS agents telling you to hire more than one? They should be fired for misinformation.
If VLS agents were fired for misinformation, there would be very few left. Ask them about deed restrictions and if your prospective house meets them.
Closed Thread

Tags
lot, buying, released, villages, minute

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.