Buying a New Home

Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2014, 11:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
All buyers think homes are over priced and all sellers think there home is priced too low.
Actually I think MLS lists resales lower than The Villages - at least that has been my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
We have friends living in the villages and wanted to move to a larger home. Right now the problem with resale is that the inventory is very low. Good for the sellers but makes it hard for buyers to find what they want.
This was my experience back in August of 2013 and I'm sure inventory is even less then when i bought on pre-owned homes. One must move fast when sorething becomes available.

I also agree a pre-owned will need sprucing up or at least some changes made, to get it like, you want it to be.

Some people feel better knowing they are the only ones, to live in their home and buy new. I don't know if one has any input into design changes they want to be made, or they build them and you buy them, as it.

It's a matter of preferences and finances. New will bring a bond payment, and a pre-owned will bring upgrades, to get it the way you prefer it to be, to suit your own taste. IMHO

To each his/her own.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-09-2014, 05:55 PM

No negotiations, not even even contingencies. We walked out of the closing and they called the next day an offered to hold the house for a few days while we cleared the contingencies.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:54 PM

Everything is negotiable for some circumstances, work with your broker, they can and will help you under the right circumstances. Good luck
Old 02-09-2014, 09:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
I cannot understand why so many homebuyers do not even want to consider resale homes.

A resale home has quite a few advantages: price is negotiable, bond is a lot smaller or even all paid, established landscaping, you see what the completed area is like instead of surprises, home also has a one year warranty, upgrades are already installed, etc.

Always use a Villages agent plus an outside agent as neither can show the other's properties.
Yes, they CAN show each others properties but choose not to, for good reason. The Villages is not part of the MLS; they are their own entity. I have been an agent for many years and have bought and sold a number of personal residences. When dealing with other agents within sales, the commission (whatever it is) was split between the listing and selling office.

When my husband and I bought here, I was dumbfounded that they would not cooperate with other brokers, meaning my office. Not only would the Villages NOT split the commission with my office, but they would NOT even give me a referral fee. The entire commission was kept within the Villages.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:11 PM

Thanks for the feedback folks
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.