We have 2 Cars + Own 2 Carts 2 3.28%
I have more rolling stock that you can count! 1 1.64%
We are seasonal Residents and just rent a Cart when we are in TV 2 3.28%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2013, 06:06 AM
Veteran member
Default TV and Your Wheels [Transportation]

Because of the convenient use of Golf carts in TV, how many of you residents (couples) have downsized to one car and bought 1 or 2 golf carts to putter around?

Please note if you are a part-timer or a single resident.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Veteran member

Your poll is interesting, but leaves out at least some choices...those without any golf carts. YES, there are some in that category, and I, for one, would be interested in seeing that statistic. Is there any way to modify your poll to include those who don't own a golf cart?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Veteran member

Good point.

It does not appear that poll questions can be added after they are created.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,392 Times in 2,404 Posts

A poll?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
A poll?
Journey is not even here yet and he is defining problems and gathering information.

I salute him.

Journey. What are you up to? :I
Old 04-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,928 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB in TV View Post
Your poll is interesting, but leaves out at least some choices...those without any golf carts. YES, there are some in that category, and I, for one, would be interested in seeing that statistic. Is there any way to modify your poll to include those who don't own a golf cart?
We fit that forgotten category--2 cars, no golf carts. Just feel safer in a car. Plus they're air-conditioned, heated, and have air bags. And our dog's afraid to ride in a cart.

We tried just using one car, but due to Ron's travel for his volunteer work, we are frequently in different places at the same time.

I only wish they weren't black! If we'd known we were coming here, my car would be white.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Veteran member

You sound suspicious.

I have noticed that many retirement communities use golf carts. I assumed that the use was more related to golf and there was a secondary benefit of using it for transportation.

Now I am wondering if it is the other way around.

I was also a little interested in how others have made certain decisions and why. Hoping for some comments too.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:15 AM

We are full time. We have two golf carts and one car. Seldom use the car. We go everywhere in the golf cart - grocery shopping, doctors appointments, movies, out to dinner etc. Of course when we leave the villages we use the car but for all in villages travel we go by cart. Have a heater for cold weather and a fan for hot weather. We have a neighbor who has no car. Doesn't feel they need one. Use airport van to go to the airport, we went to Disney with them, we drove they paid or gas and packing. They rent a car for vactions.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Bosoxfan

When we moved here we had a Chevy Tahoe. One of the first things we did was buy a golf cart. A year or so later we downsized the SUV & bought a chevy HHR. Not too long after we bought a second cart and that's where we are today.Really the only time we use the car is when we are going outside the villages.We both use our carts inside the villages no matter the weather, distance ,or extra time it may take to get where we want to go. I'm a firm believer that if you don't experience this community in a golf cart then you're not getting the full benefits of living here! JMHO ...By the way I bought a new cart the last week of November & I already have 4400 miles on it.Just a perspective on how much I use it!

Last edited by Bosoxfan; 04-11-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JourneyOfLife View Post
You sound suspicious.

I have noticed that many retirement communities use golf carts. I assumed that the use was more related to golf and there was a secondary benefit of using it for transportation.

Now I am wondering if it is the other way around.

I was also a little interested in how others have made certain decisions and why. Hoping for some comments too.
I am, but you are winning me over.

I think you may be the new Jimbo.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,928 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
When we moved here we had a Chevy Tahoe. One of the first things we did was buy a golf cart. A year or so later we downsized the SUV & bought a chevy HHR. Not too long after we bought a second cart and that's where we are today.Really the only time we use the car is when we are going outside the villages.We both use our carts inside the villages no matter the weather, distance ,or extra time it may take to get where we want to go. I'm a firm believer that if you don't experience this community in a golf cart then you're not getting the full benefits of living here! JMHO
I love my experience here in TV, and I don't see why I need to experience it in a golf cart if I don't feel safe in one. I have ridden in other people's carts--people who are excellent drivers--and I still do not feel safe. I don't think that is going to change.

Like for everything else about TV, there are many different opinions. OP was asking for opinions, and that's mine! I am happy for everyone who loves his golf cart, and I have nothing against having them all around me. I just don't want to be in one.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Veteran member

We are snowbirds. We have one car, one cart, and one scooter. Use the car to go to doggie do run every day, use the cart every day and the scooter everyday I play pickle ball, 5-6 days a week.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
We fit that forgotten category--2 cars, no golf carts. Just feel safer in a car. Plus they're air-conditioned, heated, and have air bags. And our dog's afraid to ride in a cart.

We tried just using one car, but due to Ron's travel for his volunteer work, we are frequently in different places at the same time.

I only wish they weren't black! If we'd known we were coming here, my car would be white.
We have two cars..actually a car & a truck and we have a golf cart..an old used one. It has one purpose and one purpose only, which is to drive to the pool so that we don't get the car's seats wet. Otherwise the golf wagon gets left in the garage. We prefer the comfort of the F-150 anytime.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I love my experience here in TV, and I don't see why I need to experience it in a golf cart if I don't feel safe in one. I have ridden in other people's carts--people who are excellent drivers--and I still do not feel safe. I don't think that is going to change.

Like for everything else about TV, there are many different opinions. OP was asking for opinions, and that's mine! I am happy for everyone who loves his golf cart, and I have nothing against having them all around me. I just don't want to be in one.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:47 PM

I just had my first lesson in our golf car tonight. It's not as busy here after 7pm. A perfect time for a ride. I made it up to 16mph, but not for very long. I had a ball!!! A few more lessons in the neighborhood and then I'll tackle the road and a tunnel. No hurry though. Love The Villages!!! V

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.