Camper/Van parking regulations

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2020, 06:09 AM
Veteran member

Be prepared to pay a monthly fee to park it off the reservation. If it is registered as an RV you cannot park it on your property. All you will need to one complaint.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTOWELL View Post
No vehicle that you use to sleep and camp etc can be kept at your house..rent an RV spot..you can have at your house to load and unload 72 hours..don't take the chance of trying to park at your house..it's not your everyday vehicle
This is where semantics can mean the difference between having to move your vehicle and not having to move it.

Anyone can sleep in any covered vehicle. There are students who can't afford room and board at their universities, who have been sleeping in their cars. There are homeless people who live out of their cars. Not vans, not trucks, not RVs. Cars. Just normal cars. Maybe hatch-backs. And as I said previously - I lived in my VW bus, on a twin mattress. The back set pulled down flat, and the mattress fit perfectly on top of it. There were 2 drawers underneath the seat, where I stored my clothing. I had a portable cooler - the kind you had to put ice in to keep it cool, for soda and juice. I parked it in a field that belonged to a farmer who I paid a few dollars every day for the privilege, and used his outhouse and outdoor shower to clean off.

It was not a camper. It was not an RV. It didn't have a pop-top or pull-outs or awnings, no plumbing, no electric hookup options. Just a passenger vehicle. And I lived in it for a summer in Canada.

I could've done the same with my subaru station wagon, though it wouldn't have been as spacious.

A normal car can absolutely be lived in, if circumstances required it.

The point is - "if you live in it or sleep or camp in it" is not criteria for what constitutes a camper. A camper is a very specific thing. It is distinguishable from any other car not by how you use it, but rather by how it was purposely designed to be used.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSTOWELL View Post
No vehicle that you use to sleep and camp etc can be kept at your house..rent an RV spot..you can have at your house to load and unload 72 hours..don't take the chance of trying to park at your house..it's not your everyday vehicle
In my younger days, when my knees were good, when we got a major blizzard I would drive my Subaru wagon to Killington, VT at night and sleep in the car at the ski area parking lot. When the snow plows woke me up, it was time to make first tracks in the powder.

So does that mean I can’t park the Subaru in my driveway?
Old 05-03-2020, 10:27 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
In my younger days, when my knees were good, when we got a major blizzard I would drive my Subaru wagon to Killington, VT at night and sleep in the car at the ski area parking lot. When the snow plows woke me up, it was time to make first tracks in the powder.

What does a Subaru have to do with a vehicle made for sleeping or camping? We've all slept in cars at one time or another, that has nothing to do with the topic.
Old 05-03-2020, 10:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post

Only if it's snowing

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 05-03-2020, 11:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg L View Post
Glad I am not your neighbor
Me Too !
Old 08-26-2020, 08:35 AM
Default Pop-up?

I live on the Historic side. Would a pop-up be allowed to be permanently parked in my driveway as long as most if not all of it is under the carport?

Chris
Old 08-26-2020, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Before you start parking it in your driveway let me know where you live In can I have to move
Old 08-26-2020, 09:30 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtcoggin@bellsouth.net View Post
Be courteous to your neighbors. Don't park it in your driveway.
Depending where you live in TV you could park it on the street. That won’t make your neighbors happy but as long as it doesn’t impede first responders it’s legal.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:41 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmagee View Post
Our 2020 Tiffin Wayfarer Class C is stored off Route 301 for $112/month under cover with 30 amp hookup included. Also has dump station and wash area included.
Please, what is the name of this storage place?
Old 08-26-2020, 10:12 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

There are storage facilities nearer to you than 301 just search The Villages RV Storage. Also you won't get away with parking it on the street permanently, it's not a motorized vehicle, it's a trailer that is no different than a landscape trailer as far as parking laws are concerned.
Closed Thread

Tags
regulations, parking, camper/van, inches, couple

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.