Can any one suggest a Mail service, hopefully in FL,?

Old 05-08-2024, 10:14 AM
Default Can any one suggest a Mail service, hopefully in FL,?

We are going to be renting for a couple months while we look for a house in TV and need somewhere to send my Mail temp.

We are selling our house to come here so looking for a Mail service that I can transfer my address to who will open and scan my mail if needed.

Any suggestions?
Old 05-08-2024, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,290 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrnnr View Post
We are going to be renting for a couple months while we look for a house in TV and need somewhere to send my Mail temp.

We are selling our house to come here so looking for a Mail service that I can transfer my address to who will open and scan my mail if needed.

Any suggestions?
I have never heard of a service that would OPEN and scan mail, however, there are several UPS and pack and ship stores that have mail boxes, so you would just need to contact one of them and get the suitable address and box number, then stop by 2 or 3 times a week and get your mail. NOTE: I believe that the post office has recently changed the procedure for forwarding mail, so you may need to check on this first.
Old 05-08-2024, 10:37 AM

Thanks
There are many services that will scan your mail and post it online
Just want someone who can recomend one that has used one
Old 05-08-2024, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,637 Times in 3,157 Posts

Quote:
Thanks
There are many services that will scan your mail and post it online
Just want someone who can recomend one that has used one
The USPS will scan your ENVELOPES and send you a daily e-mail with photos of them. What you could do -

Have companies send you your bills via e-mail, or sign up for their websites so you can see your accounts online.

Go paperless. Any company that doesn't have that option, call them up and let them know you won't have access to mail for a couple of months, and ask how they'd like to get paid while you're away.
Old 05-08-2024, 05:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,628 Times in 598 Posts

We forward our mail to granddaughter. Have informed mail, tell her what to open and scan.
All of our important bills and mail is sent online, every once in awhile piece comes I forgot to stop paper
Old 05-08-2024, 06:06 PM
Default Mail Service

When we had a RV and a boat we used St. Brendan’s Isle in Green Cove Springs,Fl and they were excellent they will do everything you’re asking about.
Bob
Old 05-08-2024, 06:38 PM

Everything that has been said. I’m doing exactly that and I’m using the UPS store on Burnsed.
Old 05-09-2024, 04:21 AM

I think the post offices near The Villages: Spanish Springs or Fruitland Park, will let you rent a post office box at their office and you go and get your mail with a key to the box assigned. You can call the closest one to your rental to inquire.
Old 05-09-2024, 04:52 AM

When we traveled fulltime in our RV, we used My RV Mail Service located in Crestview, Florida. We used their address as our domicile and received great service from them. They are very reasonable and offer a variety of services. The mail appears in your inbox, you choose to forward it or shred it by a click of a button. Here is their website...Best US Mail Forwarding Service for RVers/Travelers | Physical Street Addresses for Businesses - MyRVmail
Old 05-09-2024, 05:21 AM
Default Mail Service

Quote:

Any suggestions?
I lived on a boat for several years and agree with St Brendan's Isle at Green Cove Springs. They would scan all envelopes and trash any junk mail. If I wanted a bill, I'd ask them to open certain mail and they would scan and email it to me. Then I could print it and mail a payment or whatever I wanted.
Old 05-09-2024, 06:33 AM

Thanks all That the two mentioned is what I was looking for
Old 05-09-2024, 07:22 AM
Default Mail service used by cruising biaters

Quote:

Any suggestions?
Many cruising boaters (or RV-ers) living aboard (no fixed address) use St Brenden’s Isle in Green Cove Springs, FL. SBI receives the customer’s mail, sorts it and forwards to the address provided (which can change frequently) for a monthly fee. Also gives the subscriber a FL “home” address for voting and other situations requiring a set residential address no matter where they actually are on their boat or RV.
The last Phone no. I had for them is: (904) 284-1200

Phil
m/v Wonderland
Old 05-09-2024, 08:39 AM

Do NOT use Safe Ship. I paid $120 for a temporary mailbox, followed their instructions to the letter and never received a single piece of mail. Plus they do not offer forwarding.
Old 05-09-2024, 09:01 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,078 Times in 541 Posts

I know I know...... When I lived in my RV fulltime, I had a mail service in Crestview Florida. They will forward your mail to any location, and for extra $$ they will open and scan it for you. MyRVMail.com They are 100% legit. I used them for years.
Old 05-09-2024, 09:52 AM
Default Mail Service

When we went full time in our RV, we used St. Brendan’s Isle in Green Cove Springs, FL. Mail Forwarding Services at St Brendan's Isle
They did exactly as you have described, scanned mail and sent us what we required. They were great to work with, they primarily work with RVers, military, traveling nurses, etc. who need an address but can’t access it physically. They can help you establish residency in FL to save you on income taxes and to allow you to vote.
I am sure you already know this, but it will be easier to set up all your bills to come by e-mail or automatic pay from your bank. It will significantly decrease the amount of mail you receive or need to keep track of. The mail service will charge you to scan and/or forward physical mail. You can instruct them not to forward catalogs and junk mail.
It worked great for us for he two years we were on the road.

Tags
mail, house, service, transfer, address

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.