Can I install eavestrough myself without ARC approval?

Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2022, 12:26 AM
Veteran member
Default Can I install eavestrough myself without ARC approval?

I've installed it before and I know I could get what I need done by myself an a couple of hours. Can I just do it, or do I need a permit of some sort?
Old 08-15-2022, 12:31 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
I've installed it before and I know I could get what I need done by myself an a couple of hours. Can I just do it, or do I need a permit of some sort?
If you look at the deed restrictions in your area, each area is different, most of the areas have a restriction that you can not make a change with out ARC approval if the change can be seen from your neighbors or the road. ARC Approval is easy to get/do. It can be done in person, on paper, or online. I know know of any restrictions on DIY for that work, however, you should check to make sure with the County - I don't think there is a problem if you know what you are doing.

BUT, check with ARC, and Check with the country. If someone says on here to do it, well, remember if you have to take it off, the person telling you it was okay isn't going to help or pay the costs.
Old 08-15-2022, 05:04 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

When Stipes installed my gutters 6 years ago there was no permit or permission from anyone but me
Old 08-15-2022, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Call them.

Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything.

Joseph Stalin
Old 08-15-2022, 08:40 AM
Gold member

When I went to my "orientation" and to pickup my ID card, the guy there explained it so anybody could understand regarding the ARC. If you do anything to the outside of the house you should contact ARC beforehand to see if it needs to be reviewed. You can do anything you want inside without ARC approval althoiugh you may need a building permit from the county.
Old 08-15-2022, 10:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,606 Times in 943 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
When I went to my "orientation" and to pickup my ID card, the guy there explained it so anybody could understand regarding the ARC. If you do anything to the outside of the house you should contact ARC beforehand to see if it needs to be reviewed. You can do anything you want inside without ARC approval althoiugh you may need a building permit from the county.
And the ARC process is so easy. Personally, I would submit the request to ARC, if your don’t need it you lost 10 minutes completing the application. If you dont do it and need it, it will cost you a bunch.
Old 08-15-2022, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
And the ARC process is so easy. Personally, I would submit the request to ARC, if your don’t need it you lost 10 minutes completing the application. If you dont do it and need it, it will cost you a bunch.
Good advice. Follow the rules. It costs nothing to ask.
Old 08-15-2022, 06:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

WOW ... never heard of that term (eavestrough) and I have installed and had installed many "gutters" over my years of home ownership. See, one can actually learn something here on TOTV.. Thanks Google! At first glance I thought it was some animal feeding thing.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 08-15-2022, 08:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I'm about sick and tired of following the rules. I wanna be a Rebel on my way outta this world. I would install them without asking a soul. Then I would put a whole gang of Pink Flamingoes around each downspout. Live in the fast lane, that's my new motto. Look where being a nice guy has gotten me! Go for it. Good Luck! I'll see you in the Mayberry Jail, locked up with Otis.
Old 08-15-2022, 08:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I'm about sick and tired of following the rules. I wanna be a Rebel on my way outta this world. I would install them without asking a soul. Then I would put a whole gang of Pink Flamingoes around each downspout. Live in the fast lane, that's my new motto. Look where being a nice guy has gotten me! Go for it. Good Luck! I'll see you in the Mayberry Jail, locked up with Otis.
Make sure those flamingoes are not located under the eaves, because that would make them legal.
Old 08-15-2022, 09:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,078 Times in 2,745 Posts

No approval required for gutters, but the ARC has been known to turn down applications for evestroughs.
Old 08-16-2022, 05:26 AM

If you don't file for ARC approval you'll be removing them just as quickly as you put them up.
Old 08-16-2022, 05:43 AM

They gutters and downspouts have to be the same color and size as the ones you currently have up the downspouts have to empty in an area that will not flood your neighbor's yard and is conducive to the drainage that the villages has put in place already. It's a quick easy approval
Old 08-16-2022, 06:49 AM

If you we’re a Rebel, you wouldn’t have move into a Concentration Camp willingly
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill
Old 08-16-2022, 06:58 AM
Default Gutters and leaders

Quote:
I believe gutters and leaders are a accepted improvement which if done right clears the rain water away from the homes foundation and is approved for all residential housing. But it doesn’t hurt to check .
Closed Thread

Tags
hours, couple, permit, installed, approval

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.