Can you identify this man?

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2022, 06:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingby View Post
Two sides to every story. Where was your dog during all this? Dogs are dogs, they play and they fight. I have a ten year old very passive beagle and hates the dog parks.
Of course there are two sides to every story, but since the cowardly jerk fled the scene, likely breaking at least one law, his side of the story doesn't matter right now. What matters is finding the guy so the OP learns whether or not a rabies shot is needed.
Old 02-19-2022, 06:26 AM
Default Hope you find the slug.

This is just one more reason we need to have registration plates on all golf carts to
identify these slugs when they try to run from the scene. Low or no cost should work.
Too many carts owned/operated by too many jerks!!
Old 02-19-2022, 06:31 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Ok so all the detectives here are on the same page the cart with the names on it was driven by another man indicating that he was probably Jack and Janice was his wife (not the guy with the dog with the grandpa shirt)
Old 02-19-2022, 06:32 AM

Does a dog bite in FL constitute that the dog be put down? My guess is that’s why he fled…. Now having said that the piece of crap should have stayed around and delt with the consequences like a good upstanding citizen. Sorry this happened to you and I hope you identify him and get a quick resolution.
Old 02-19-2022, 06:32 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,142 Times in 883 Posts

Since the Lowlife from hell was driven by someone else, I wouldn't be surprised if he was just visiting and not a resident. He probably knew he was leaving and thought he wouldn't be held responsible. Please keep at it though, you and every Villager deserves for this A..HOLE and accomplice to be accountable.
Old 02-19-2022, 06:34 AM
Send a message via AIM to joelfmi
Default Thank very much for your transparency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Wow so sorry this happened hope he is identified and pays for this.
I will note what you have gone through if in win I buy there.
Old 02-19-2022, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
This is perhaps one of the most unsettling posts I have ever read on TOTV.

This man, and I use that term loosely, really deserves to be hauled up short by either the authorities or in a court of law. Apparently, others saw this happening. Yet, this miserable excuse for a human being still walked off. He should be made an example of. Once found, I think his home should be subject to protests. He needs to come forward....quickly....and admit his failure to act as a responsible human being. Perhaps his dog should also be euthanized...whether the dog is sick or not. That is the type of pup that should not be welcome in the Villages under any circumstance. And this lousy human being should not be welcome in the Villages either.

I am on the lookout for that cart. If it was driven by an abettor, too bad for him. He, too, should be ostracized.

Not sure I’d encourage people to confront a person in their home. Euthanizing his dog is a bit to far as well especially since you only have one side of the story. Did the dog just run up to this person and bite them on the hand? How did the hand get in front of the dogs mouth? We all love our pets and our pet couldn’t have started this, right? It’s always somebody else’s fault. Dogs fight, all dogs fight. If you decide to take your perfect pet to the dog park you should expect that they might tangle with a bigger dog.
Old 02-19-2022, 06:44 AM

I am following this thread since I have witnessed many incidents at 2 dog parks near me - both residents and visitors. I am concerned all dogs aren't good dog park candidates and haven't necessarily been socialized however their owners bring them in anyway. Many of my neighbors won't go because it isn't safe for them or their dogs. Is there one governing body in the Villages that covers the dog parks?
Old 02-19-2022, 06:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
Ok so all the detectives here are on the same page the cart with the names on it was driven by another man indicating that he was probably Jack and Janice was his wife (not the guy with the dog with the grandpa shirt)
In which case the driver will know who "grandpa" is, and I'm sure the sheriff could "convince" him to divulge his identity.
Old 02-19-2022, 07:03 AM

Find out if the dog has its shots is the most important thing. Need to see a doctor & file a police report
Old 02-19-2022, 07:15 AM
Default Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post
Of course there are two sides to every story, but since the cowardly jerk fled the scene, likely breaking at least one law, his side of the story doesn't matter right now. What matters is finding the guy so the OP learns whether or not a rabies shot is needed.
Point of this post is …. Does anyone know this man’s name? They need to know if this dog is current on vaccinations.

The situation of how this lady was bitten is a separate conversation.

This man and his dog need to be found. I will be on the look out for this cart and jerk.

I sure do pray the dog is current on shots for this ladies safety and peace of mind.
Old 02-19-2022, 07:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I hope if this guy is identified & you report him to TV, & TV fine this guy & make show that dog has rabies shot. Then make him muzzle the dog when he walks him or have the dog put down. Wonder if this was a little kid & this dog bit this little kid in the face. We’ll hope your hand is OK & hope you don’t have to go through a series of rabie shots. Sorry to hear this, this is terrible!
Old 02-19-2022, 07:26 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
In which case the driver will know who "grandpa" is, and I'm sure the sheriff could "convince" him to divulge his identity.
It’s not me!
Old 02-19-2022, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonRich View Post
This morning around 11 AM my dog and I were attacked at the Mulberry Dog Park by the dog in the picture below. The dog bit my hand and broke the skin in five places.

The cowardly owner just walked out of the park to a golf cart that was driven by another man. The owner and equally nasty friend tried to drive off without giving me any information about the dog or himself. However they were photo captured by witnesses. The cart is a Grayish Yellow (NYS4) Yamaha with the names Janice and Jack on the front.

If anyone can please provide me with any additional information on these two men it would be appreciated. I am told that if I need medical attention I will need to file a police report and they will want the owners information.

You can Private Message me through the TOV site.

Thank you.
May want to ask the Villages Radio if they would be willing to report something? Not sure of the legality of it, but it may be worth asking.
Old 02-19-2022, 07:31 AM
Default Animal bite

Not familiar with the laws in the county where this happened But very important to report the bite to Department of Health or whoever oversees animal bites A professional should discuss the situation with you and determine whether post exposure prophylactics is necessary when you don’t have opportunity to observe the dog under quarantine

If you could identify the owner the enforcement agency would place the dog under quarantine to observe the vaccinated dog for 10 days. An unvaccinated dog would be under a longer quarantine. I would think all dogs in the villages would be vaccinated

Additionally not familiar with laws but in most counties there are designations of potentially dangerous or dangerous dogs depending on behavior. You should report the incident where the dog bit you and your dog. Perhaps the agency is familiar with the dog and his behavior. Findings could label the dog as potentially dangerous or dangerous and require that the dog no longer go to a dog park or require walking with a muzzle or some other requirement.

Good luck. See a medical professional

All this info is coming from the person who oversaw this program in a state DOH. Theses were our laws. But the laws in your county may be different. I have not reviewed them.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.