LSV full pymt for week stay up front?

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Location: PBG originally NYC. Moving to The Villages in 2012!
Default LSV full pymt for week stay up front?

G'day all!
We were ready to book a life style visit for a week in Feb 2012. We were told they charge cc immediately for the entire week stay, approx. 1300$. We never have heard of such a business practice before. Every place we have stayed takes cc info and charges on check in or check out.

So, we are just wondering if this IS the usual practice.

We actually called the Holiday Inn in the Villages next. They take the cc and hold it till arrival. Upon arrival they process it to make sure it is good but, do not actually charge until departure. This is the normal way of business that we have experienced in the past 40 + years.

Does anyone have opinions on pre-paying for the LSV and or any opinion on staying at the Holiday Inn in the Villages.

We do not necessarily need the "benefits" of the LSV.

Thanks all, have a wonderful day!
Old 10-22-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolaht View Post
G'day all!
We were ready to book a life style visit for a week in Feb 2012. We were told they charge cc immediately for the entire week stay, approx. 1300$. We never have heard of such a business practice before. Every place we have stayed takes cc info and charges on check in or check out.

We actually called the Holiday Inn in the Villages next. They take the cc and hold it till arrival. Upon arrival they process it to make sure it is good but, do not actually charge until departure. This is the normal way of business that we have experienced in the past 40 + years.

Does anyone have opinions on pre-paying for the LSV and or any opinion on staying at the Holiday Inn in the Villages.

We prepaid on our credit card and had to cancel and they credited our credit card, it was not a problem. We did come down 6 months later on a LSV and ended up buying a home in The Villages. It was not a problem for me, my guess is they get less cancellations with this type of policy.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Gold member

Well, with the LSV you also get a golf cart and ID card that allows you to go to Rec center classes, sports pools, etc....You get a very different feel of TV if you're in a golf cart. Oh yeah, I think you get movie tickets, discounted or free golf and some meal discounts with LSV.
I think collecting the money up front is the way TV does it, they can do whatever they want, if it bothers you you can choose to stay at hotel.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:11 PM
BOMBERO
Default If PBG...

Quote:
G'day all!

If PBG stands for Plattsburgh - pay it. We are talking Feb. Only joking.

All I can say is, LSV is not same as a hotel. You are comparing apples & oranges. I have never heard of a problem.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Veteran member

We did this twice but for the second time we didn't get extra amenities. The Life Style Package is the way to go as riding on a golf cart gives you a different perspective of the place. They will have bicycles to ride also. With free championship golf usage twice I believe and restaurant vouchers, your daily cost becomes quite reasonable. If you cancel, they will credit you back.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

This IS a normal practice for LSV's. We had 3 visits and had to pay upfront each time. Like you, it bothered me the first time, but the next two didn't.

For what it's worth... I never had any problem with multiple LSV's and always got all the freebies too. Maybe I was just lucky.

As others have said, you really want to experience the Villages via golf cart.

Enjoy....
Old 10-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Gold member

We paid upfront also and I didn't have a problem with it. Typically with hotels the management is not sure of the final charge (room service, movies, bar, etc) and this is one of the reason you do not pay upfront. Just have fun and enjoy your visit!!
Old 10-22-2011, 04:51 PM

We originally planned on 14 nights in September, and was charged immediately. Our plans changed to 11 nights, and they immediately credited our charge card. I was initially surprised, but accepted it. I would not be concerned if I were you. BTW - The golf Cart provided is useless. It is a "SLUG". I had them come check it out, and they said they are set to go Slowwwwwww because of Liability issues. We used it for very short hops, just to get the feel of traveling that way. Enjoy your LSV.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
G'day all!

G'day. Aussie? I'll assume.

Gosh, don't pass up the LSV opportunity. It's a great deal. Wonderful accommodations and it includes a golf cart, access to amenities, and various freebies that you can get no other way. It's not as good as it once was, but still good. I've done it 3 times. It's the only way to identify what really interest you. I found that buying a new home, directly from The Villages Sales Office, doesn't work for me. But I'm still searching for pre-owned opportunities and hope someday to make a connection. I can tell you that they will immediately refund any funds not owed. Personally, I think they're quite greedy. But they won't rip you off. Frankly, they are in a position to get away with it. But don't worry.

They strive to maintain a theme of satisfaction and want everyone to espouse how great the community is. It's a good approach and it works. Like everyone else, I think there's no better place to settle. Sign-up for the Lifestyle, you won't regret it.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Sage

Welcome Chocolaht,

Another vote for the LSP. Enjoy! After your visit, please let us know how you liked it.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

By paying up front makes you think twice about not coming, and when you do get here, you wonder why it took so long
Old 10-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Location: PBG originally NYC. Moving to The Villages in 2012!
Default Lsv

Thanks for all your comments about prepaying for the LSV. Although it still bothers me to pay the entire amount upfront, we are signing up for it beginning Feb. 8th 2012. We are looking forward to checking it out!
Old 10-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Gold member

Taking your money up front sure helps their cash flow. They are investing your money from when they charge you until you actually stay on the LSV. That adds up to a nice tidy sum for them when you consider how many visitors are in house each week and the fact that you must reserve early to get the dates you want. They do it because they can get away with it. It is the same reason the new home prices have not dropped as they have in other Florida communities. The demand is there so no reason to make concessions. I believe most of us feel the life style is worth paying the price.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James

You get what you pay for....whether it be up front or not. LSV well worth the $$$. Home in TV good investment. Go for it!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Platinum member

I like to put it in the context of booking a cruise. You are charged for the whole experience except for expenses you generate on board usually some 75 days before you sail. Few folks complain.

And, it is true: TV is probably the least difficult entity to deal with when you're vacationing!

SWR

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.