canadian snowbirds

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Gold member
Default Re: canadian snowbirds

Your description of your 'old dilapidated 70 pound dog with two bad knees' reminds me of a fair number of people I know (and very much the direction I'm headed in...).
Old 09-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Sage

Sidney, along with the aches and pains, swollen knees and grey hair, comes wisdom, patience and a "Gitterdone" attitude. I figure The Villages is our reward at the end of the rainbow. :bigthumbsup:
Old 09-29-2007, 07:22 AM

barefoot at last

Sounds like we will be in similar position. I will be there a lot but my husband will be back and forth over the winter. He also works in Toronto.

Yes it is just amazing what is happening with the Canadian dollar. We close on October 15th so it looks like we did choose a good time.

our new house is in Amelia and I think it would be great if we could get together. Where are you going to be?

Old 09-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2five
barefoot at last
Sounds like we will be in similar position. I will be there a lot but my husband will be back and forth over the winter. He also works in Toronto. Yes it is just amazing what is happening with the Canadian dollar. We close on October 15th so it looks like we did choose a good time. our new house is in Amelia and I think it would be great if we could get together. Where are you going to be?
Mom2five: You are in Amelia, southeast of LSL, and we are in Belvedere (as of Oct. 24), northwest of LSL. Yes, we Canadians should get together, we can learn a lot from each other. What route are you taking to TV? Meetcha in LSL! :2cool:
Old 10-01-2007, 08:39 AM

Barefoot

We will driving down by I-75 We leave on October 13th. My husband flys back on October 17th so I will be on my own for a while and really look forward to meeting you and others.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:50 AM
Sage

mom2five and barefoot!,

Im not a Canadian, but I just want to say how much I admire you both for making the decision to live in TV alone while hubby's are working up north. I think its wonderful that you found each other in this forum and I may be in a similiar situation this winter, not sure yet but if so, can I join you for a fun day or night out? I have a Canadian sister-in law! Do I qualify????

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:41 AM

Welcome to ALL from Canada!

I think ALL qualify to create new friendships. What a place--can't wait to come down!

Oh--speaking of qualifications hehehe... I am learning conversational French, so those who speak French may be able to correct my many mistakes! *chuckle* Love the language--speaking from a "I know I was French in a previous life". *grin*

Man, I love the diversity of people in TV!

Blessings,
Rebekah
(aka eujaynia)
Old 10-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonie
mom2five and barefoot!,

Im not a Canadian, but I just want to say how much I admire you both for making the decision to live in TV alone while hubby's are working up north. I think its wonderful that you found each other in this forum and I may be in a similiar situation this winter, not sure yet but if so, can I join you for a fun day or night out? I have a Canadian sister-in law! Do I qualify????
Nonie: All nationalities are welcome for a night out with the "almost single" girls. (Not you Handie! ;D ). I'm still astounded that I made the decision to buy a house and live six months in the Villages when my husband isn't retiring for at least two years. :hot:

If you'd told me a year ago (when I had never heard of TV) that I would be headed there, I wouldn't have believed you. My husband has been so wonderful and supportive about my plans!

There is a saying "You are always dragged kicking and screaming in the direction of your subconscious". Once I drank the Village Koolaid during my Lifestyle Preview, I was a goner.

Can hardly wait until I arrive Oct. 24 .. not long now.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Sage

Barefoot, Thanks for the invite! I like you would have never believed that I would be buying shortly after I visited the villages!!!! When we drove by the Villages the first time, I said to hubby, What the H--- is that place!! It looks kind of like disney world to me, neither one of us knew anything about it! Next thing we knew "we drank the Kool-Aid" and we were gonners! Its amazing how TV just sucks you in isnt it? Im sure glad we didnt just drive by the 2nd time!!!! :hot: Im with you, cant wait to get to "happy land"!!!!!!!!!

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Sage

We're leaving for TV in 20 days; not long now! ;D I booked our cable and TV hook-up today, and got painters' estimates. I talked to Southern Lifestyles about delivering a bed before we arrive so we have somewhere to sleep. It is starting to become real .. it's starting to happen. My dogs are so excited, they've got their suitcases and dog bowls all packed.

Can hardly wait to get together with everyone!

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.