tickets to Katie Belle's

Closed Thread
Old 10-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Veteran member
Angry tickets to Katie Belle's

This morning I called Katie Belle's to make reservations for a show on 11/10. I was told that they are now issuing tickets for their shows and that I had 2 choices. I could pick up the tickets on the day of the event but there would be a $2.50 charge per ticket to do this. The other option is to give them an email address and the tickets would be sent to me that way and I could print them myself. I chose the email option. I was then told that the $13.50 ticket was now $15.00 as there is a $1.50 charge by Vendini who processes their tickets. So let me get this straight...I can pay $2.50 and pick up my ticket or I can pay $1.50 and print my own. I was told yes,those are my choices. I asked if I came in to make the reservation would there be a charge to print the tickets and I was told yes as all tickets come through Vendini and there is a charge. When I purchase tickets for shows at the Savannah Center at the box office, my tickets are charged through Vendini and I do not pay a ticket printing charge. I feel like I am being ripped off by Katie Belle's for these tickets. Has anyone else gone through this? Previously, I was never charged a fee by Katie Belle's for ordering reservations and tickets.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac9 View Post
This morning I called Katie Belle's to make reservations for a show on 11/10. I was told that they are now issuing tickets for their shows and that I had 2 choices. I could pick up the tickets on the day of the event but there would be a $2.50 charge per ticket to do this. The other option is to give them an email address and the tickets would be sent to me that way and I could print them myself. I chose the email option. I was then told that the $13.50 ticket was now $15.00 as there is a $1.50 charge by Vendini who processes their tickets. So let me get this straight...I can pay $2.50 and pick up my ticket or I can pay $1.50 and print my own. I was told yes,those are my choices. I asked if I came in to make the reservation would there be a charge to print the tickets and I was told yes as all tickets come through Vendini and there is a charge. When I purchase tickets for shows at the Savannah Center at the box office, my tickets are charged through Vendini and I do not pay a ticket printing charge. I feel like I am being ripped off by Katie Belle's for these tickets. Has anyone else gone through this? Previously, I was never charged a fee by Katie Belle's for ordering reservations and tickets.
Not a ripoff , just the cost of doing business... A buck fifty, whew!
Old 10-24-2013, 12:27 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I'm with mac9, a rip off. Savannah doesn't charge the $1.50 or at least doesn't tell folks of the charge -- maybe just adds it to the ticket price. The $1.50 isn't the issue -- the principle is.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-24-2013, 09:08 AM
Sage

If KB had been smart up front, they would have added $2.50 to every ticket, and offered both options without fees. It's the perception that irks people.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:32 AM
Sage

I'd be happy to have a way to make reservations at KB's that made sense. Trying to call them has gone like this:
you don't need a reservation, just come in.
you're calling too early in the day.
you're calling too late in the day.
we're full for that show but you can come and maybe there will be a seat...
Old 10-24-2013, 10:50 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
If KB had been smart up front, they would have added $2.50 to every ticket, and offered both options without fees. It's the perception that irks people.
Exactly right!
Old 10-24-2013, 11:07 AM

KB's is getting increasingly less customer friendly. Our group who goes on a regular basis has run into all sorts of trouble. They were trying to push us into making reservations for just any of the shows because they want to charge per seat. I'm talking just regular bands we see on the square for free.

We did once and was charged $2 a seat and then we saw people just coming in off the street with no reservations so we stopped that. We were told by a server they didn't think the reservations would fly and it would just not work but people are so concerned about getting their seat they reserve. I wish everyone would just stop that and then this would go away. So our group does not reserve and we take our chances and so far we've had great seats on the floor. But certain groups like Rocky and Garrett have people that reserve tables making it harder to just walk in now expecting to get a good seat.

One night one couple in our group reserved a 4 table at the $2 per seat charge and the rest of us just walked in and ended up at tables on either side of them and we paid nothing. It's like a scare tactic and they figured they can make money off it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.