Car Ding

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2020, 07:58 AM
Default Car Ding

To the person who left a ding in my new blue SUV in Publix's parking lot, Colony Plaza last week, just to let you know your irresponsible actions left $800-$1,000 in repair cost for me.Thank you very much .
Old 05-20-2020, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

One can see them do it every day in the various parking lots.

They open the door then push it all the way open, and many just kick it open.

When it bangs the vehicle next to them one can hear them grumble as if it was in their way.

Another segment of inconsiderate elders....fortunately they are in the minority.....and that still is too many.
Old 05-20-2020, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,048 Times in 5,337 Posts

The major reason I tend to park further away from stores so that other cars will normally not be near me.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:49 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
The major reason I tend to park further away from stores so that other cars will normally not be near me.
I do the same thing. Plus, walking is good for our aging bodies.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,048 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
I do the same thing. Plus, walking is good for our aging bodies.
Watch how people park around here and surprised more people do not do the same
Old 05-20-2020, 12:24 PM

Give Brice Kelly dent repair a call. (386)216-5185. His work is amazing. I had a MB slk Black and sure enough got a dent. When he was done you couldn't find it. Plus he did a repair where a previous dent was removed but not to his perfection and that was no charge. You'd only be out a call.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,938 Times in 2,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richsho View Post
To the person who left a ding in my new blue SUV in Publix's parking lot, Colony Plaza last week, just to let you know your irresponsible actions left $800-$1,000 in repair cost for me.Thank you very much .
parking lots are the second most dangerous areas in villages. The mail station parking lot is the dangerous. I avoid it between 3PM and 6 PM. Store parking lots on windy days are excellent place to pick door dings. the wind blows all the empty carts that the lazy wont return to cart area.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

1. If it's JUST a ding (which is an actual term with an actual meaning) then the repair would only cost between $100-200 total.
2. It's possible that it was a shopping cart/buggy/carriage that the wind blew into your car, and an employee or another customer rolled the cart back to the store and had no knowledge of the cart causing damage to your vehicle.

If it's not JUST a ding, then yeah that probably would've been someone being careless, and they should've made some attempt to communicate with you - gone into the store and asked to have "the owner of the car with plates blah blah blah" paged, or put a note on the windshield with their name and number on it, or something.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:53 AM

That stinks!
Old 05-21-2020, 05:20 AM
Veteran member

It’s not just the elderly that are inconsiderate!
Old 05-21-2020, 05:23 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
1. If it's JUST a ding (which is an actual term with an actual meaning) then the repair would only cost between $100-200 total.
2. It's possible that it was a shopping cart/buggy/carriage that the wind blew into your car, and an employee or another customer rolled the cart back to the store and had no knowledge of the cart causing damage to your vehicle.

If it's not JUST a ding, then yeah that probably would've been someone being careless, and they should've made some attempt to communicate with you - gone into the store and asked to have "the owner of the car with plates blah blah blah" paged, or put a note on the windshield with their name and number on it, or something.
Agree totally. Plus, like previously said, if you want to avoid dings, park farther away from other vehicles. I have seen people squeeze into spots just to avoid walking more than 6 steps to the store.
A ding is a ding. It happens. Yes, annoying and disheartening on a new vehicle but the world doesnt stop turning.
Old 05-21-2020, 05:26 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post

If it's not JUST a ding, then yeah that probably would've been someone being careless, and they should've made some attempt to communicate with you - gone into the store and asked to have "the owner of the car with plates blah, blah, blah" paged, or put a note on the windshield with their name and number on it, or something.
I know exactly how the owner of his " New " car feels, it happened to me years ago.

It is a NEW Car, expensive, a lot of thought , planning went into the purchase.

I tend to park where the likelihood of someone parking next to me is slim, but every now and then some clunker decides to even though the lot is practically empty.
Old 05-21-2020, 05:46 AM
Veteran member

Call a good dent removal guy and probably get repaired for less than 150 bucks Total Recon in Leesburg is one of the best call them
Old 05-21-2020, 06:06 AM

We had that done to a new car several years and by new I mean less than 6 hours old. I parked at the end of a row and the other driver parked on the grass. When I saw the damage I went back into the store I saw the police officer and asked to have the car owner paged. We all walked to the parking lot and the owner was indignant and claimed she was not responsible. Until of course the office opened her car door and it perfectly matched the damage on my car. Woman was a jerk. Paintless dent removal fixed it. This is how auto dealers do it
Old 05-21-2020, 06:17 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

A couple weeks ago my girlfriend bought a new Ford F-250 pickup truck. When we got it to her house, she asked me to grab a couple short lengths of 6 x 6 she uses for blocking the wheels of her horse trailer and toss them into the truck bed. One was covered with dried mud, slipped out of my hand, and hit the side of the truck, causing a 2” round dent in her new truck. I felt awful about it and promised to pay for the repair. (Shouldn’t a truck body be stronger than that?) Of course, a year from now, judging from the condition of her last truck, she will have much bigger dents, and she won’t get them fixed.

As for me, I try to park maybe a hundred yards from the store I’m visiting if it is a busy period. I especially avoid tight spaces.

My girlfriend’s mother, who is 85, drives a fancy Lexus. She not only tries to park close to the store—even though she walks three miles a day—but when she wants to back out, she pulls straight back without looking. Last year a guy ran into her while she was doing that. She actually thought that she had the right of way if she was backing out! She argued that he was at fault.

Last edited by MandoMan; 05-21-2020 at 06:22 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
ding, left, actions, irresponsible, car

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.