Car Insurance

Old 03-27-2024, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmspla1952 View Post
Received a letter from Travelers (car insurance) stating they will no longer continue coverage based on "your agent (AAA) no longer represents us for personal lines property and casualty business".

So I've started car insurance shopping. Sticker shock! The least expensive policy is $800 more than last year. The agent I'm working with included these articles:

Auto insurance rates this year have seen the largest increase in 47 years per CNN Business.

Car insurance rates just had their biggest annual jump in 47 years. This is why | CNN Business

Per the Washington Post article, auto rates on average went up 17% across the country but the state to state increases are drastically different. In Florida, they show an increase of 88%, by far the largest in the country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...ims-disasters/

I'm still continuing to shop and some may say that an increase of $800 is good but my, my.
I use traveller's as well and it went up 500 bucks a year just by moving to florida, you know, where all the really old people drive around drunk and high?
Hahaha its well worth it!
Old 03-27-2024, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmanng View Post
KIA and HYUNDAI thats why I didnt buy those cars easy to steal from my ins lady said your lucky if you can find one that will cover you too !
Don't think applies to newer models
Old 03-27-2024, 11:47 AM

There are other agents who represent Travelers. Mine is with The Villages Insurance or there are Independent agents in Lady Lake, Leesburg, etc. You should be able to retain your current policy.
Old 03-30-2024, 01:10 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmspla1952 View Post
Received a letter from Travelers (car insurance) stating they will no longer continue coverage based on "your agent (AAA) no longer represents us for personal lines property and casualty business".

So I've started car insurance shopping. Sticker shock! The least expensive policy is $800 more than last year. The agent I'm working with included these articles:

Auto insurance rates this year have seen the largest increase in 47 years per CNN Business.

Car insurance rates just had their biggest annual jump in 47 years. This is why | CNN Business

Per the Washington Post article, auto rates on average went up 17% across the country but the state to state increases are drastically different. In Florida, they show an increase of 88%, by far the largest in the country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...ims-disasters/

I'm still continuing to shop and some may say that an increase of $800 is good but my, my.
If you continue your online search, you'll find there are companies out there that are competitive. I had the same problem with both auto and homeowners as they both come due within 30 days of each other. I found quotes online that were below my previous policies. I had Villages Insurance handling both. Travelers for auto and Progressive for homeowners. Tried calling Villages Insurance twice and both times got a seven minute recorded commercial about how they were making things convenient for me, then when someone live finally picked up, was asked if I would like someone to call me about my policy next Monday between 1 and 2, or Wednesday between 3 and 4!! I couldn't believe it ! So just hung up and started searching online and found policies for both auto and homeowners a good deal cheaper. Then I found out that Villages Ins could've combined my policies and saved me a lot. I finally wound up with State Farm, but in my search there were 3 or 4 companies with better offers. Keep looking. They're out there.
Good luck!
Old 03-30-2024, 05:56 PM

Call 352-245-2423, Ask for Tammy. She will try to get you an affordable premium.
Old 03-30-2024, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,084 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy and Ed View Post
All pretty basic stuff: Insurance costs for cars are based on risk. If models are in demand for thieves, if models have issues which make them more prone to accidents, if lawyers can entice people with high payouts for injuries, etc, etc, etc. They need to take all of that and much more into consideration while insuring they can also meet operating expenses and earn a profit when they determine rates. You could be a terrific accident and claim free driver and still need to pay a share of their costs
All true, but cost is also dictated by insurance companies ability to have a diversified book of risk. When their appetite for specific types of risk gets full, premiums increase. Florida offers unique risks including the sheer amount of seniors and tourists, flood risk from hurricanes in the costal regions, vehicles that aren’t required to get annual safety inspections, ambulance chasing attorneys, etc….. Most other geographic regions don’t offer certain risks abundant in Florida.

Tags
insurance, car, increase, state, country

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.