Careful folks, you may be lowering your property values

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorFan View Post
There are 90,000 plus residents living in The Villages. I am surprised that you would allow a few people influence you. Have you actually spent time in The Villages? If you have not I encourage you to so you will see for yourself that there is not a better place to live in my opinion. Best of luck to you.
Your right. I should see for myself. Will not cancel LSV. I shall remove myself from the flames however. It's not TV but TOTV I find discouraging.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:12 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

TF, TV is not perfect, neither is TOTV. TOTV does show some of the negatives of living here and, yes, some carry the negativity to an extreme. However, you don't hear that people can't sleep because of the traffic. You don't hear that the dog issue causes odor or is constantly found on the bottom of shoes. You don't hear that people can't go to the squares and have a good time regardless of the event. The one negative that really can't be reconciled is the driving of the roundabouts. Some people just don't get it. Most of us are very aware of this and simply drive very carefully (probably a few steps above defensive driving).

I would think that anyone truly interested in purchasing a home in TV would be doing themselves a disservice avoiding TOTV. It is good to know the negatives in an area as well as the positives. Makes for a much more informed decision. Another thing to consider is the simple fact that while some may rail about certain problems, most of us love TV -- the good, the bad and the ugly.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-28-2012, 03:49 AM
Veteran member

OK, so here is one more person you won't have to put up with, me. Good for you!

I won't be buying your house either. For your sake, I hope there aren't many more like me.[/QUOTE]

My house is not for sale.......

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 03-28-2012, 04:03 AM

So why even tell us. No one really cares. You are the one posting on the site to actually complain and you don't even know about the real Villages. Your loss our gain. more room for others who know a good thing when they see it.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF Hutch View Post
Your right. I should see for myself. Will not cancel LSV. I shall remove myself from the flames however. It's not TV but TOTV I find discouraging.
Come on down,, you will love it here. Just put bumpers on your car when entering the Rotary's.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedoman View Post

I won't be buying your house either. For your sake, I hope there aren't many more like me.
Bye Bye Hutch
Old 03-28-2012, 05:17 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

And I think the round about issue is being addressed. Once all the new signs are in place, people who go 270 degrees in the right lane will start getting tickets. And that is the only real problem with them.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:33 AM
Gold member

I bet he believes everything he hears on MSNBC also. hee hee hee
Old 03-28-2012, 05:43 AM
Veteran member

I may complain on TOTV, but I love it here. No place is perfect, but TOTV is pretty darn good. I hope you will go to the Lifestyle Preview and it will change your mind.

I really feel this will be your loss and think you are making a hasty judgement based on the minimal knowledge gained from TOTV, but in southern vernacular:

"Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split ya."

Sorry if that comes across as harsh, but there is just as much "good" written about TV on this board as "bad" and if you are willing to base your long term retirement happiness on what is written on TOTV, perhaps you were not that committed to begin with. Come visit and decide for yourself.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages

Last edited by cappyjon431; 03-28-2012 at 06:04 AM. Reason: added a thought
Old 03-28-2012, 05:55 AM
Talking Troll Alert! Whatca thinkin Gramps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF Hutch View Post
I am going to cancel my LSV in April because of the things I read on TOTV.
After the many post complaing of overcrowding, I ask myself who needs it?
Are the people living in The Villages so uneducated they can't manage to get thru a roundabout/rotary safely?
Are they so self centered they won't clean up after thier dog?
I can't believe how rude people can be. "Seabreeze Pool Question" thread and all the "saving seats" threads pretty much sums it up for me.

I won't be buying your house either. For your sake, I hope there aren't many more like me.
Well. If posts and threads here can make someone believe "Careful folks, you may be lowering your property values" lets all work on lowering the gas prices!

It can be a crazy place, but I love what it is! Gotta run, I am sure when the sun comes up there will be something great to do!

Mallory Square, Village of Hadley and now Gilchrist!
Old 03-28-2012, 06:08 AM
Veteran member
Default Sorry to hear it

Well Hutch, I am sorry you've decided not to come. You've read a lot of negative somewhere, but remember complainers always are more likely to post. The vast majority of folks here are just like yourself. We love it here, abide by the rules, enjoy each other's company, clean up after our wonderful pets, and drive safely for the pure enjoyment of it. The sky is blue, the landscaping is pristine, the people are just the kind of neighbors everyone in the country wants. It's the America of our youth. Hope you'll reconsider, give us a visit. I, for one, would welcome you!
Old 03-28-2012, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Well said Redwitch
Old 03-28-2012, 08:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Well Hutch, I am sorry you've decided not to come. You've read a lot of negative somewhere, but remember complainers always are more likely to post. The vast majority of folks here are just like yourself. We love it here, abide by the rules, enjoy each other's company, clean up after our wonderful pets, and drive safely for the pure enjoyment of it. The sky is blue, the landscaping is pristine, the people are just the kind of neighbors everyone in the country wants. It's the America of our youth. Hope you'll reconsider, give us a visit. I, for one, would welcome you!
I agree with Parker.

Hope you change your mind Hutch. One day would not be enough to get a good feel about the Villages. Been here almost seven years myself and always love when I get back from other places that always have had a lot more problems than here in the Villages.

A lot of the traffic and overcrowding problems go away with the coming of the hotter weather after Easter. I have found that the neighbors in the Villages treat you how you treat them. That's not the case in many other areas.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:17 AM

OK, so you guys can flame me. I have resisted the "rude" discussion about TOTV. I have a couple of things to say. First, as to Hutch. Don't know him, don't recall seeing a post from him. BUT, he is obviously disappointed. He is expressing that concern. What does he get? Other than a couple of reasonable comments, he's told to take a hike and not look back. Funny attitude that I've read here before in the short time I've been a member.

If this is such a warm a friendly group why are you so quick to devour people who say anything you don't like? It really doesn't seem to represent the place as friendly on those occassions. I would point to the pool question yesterday and really pretty rude comments from a couple of people. The original poster had a legit concern and asked nicely what others thought.

The previous poster on this thread was right to point out that those who post on these sites do not necessarily represent the mood of TV or any other place they may be talking about. Some folks just live to stir up a lively conversation for the fun of it.

My personal observation is this. Moving from the middle of Kansas, in our case, to a sub tropical area with swamps, gators sink holes, and snakes is pretty daunting. Of course that's balanced by what sounds to me like a really nice place to retire. (and of course I'd never decide to avoid it without actually coming to visit which we plan this summer) But it is nevertheless scary, at least to me.

That's why myself and others ask about these daunting little things like having a snake in your garage. While some people here have given well thought out answers, like to my golf cart question the other day, many people seem to just want you to drink the kool-aid and enjoy it. (I liked the "bubble" analogy someone used the other day.)

What I mean by this is that many times when someone raises a negative that they are concerned about people don't address the negative, but instead just tell people it doesn't matter. Like, "snakes are more afraid of you than you are of them." I assure you, no snake is as afraid of humans as those of us that have an irrational fear of them. It isn't really helpful to just tell people to ignore things they are concerned about. What is helpful is a thoughtful discussion of those things and why they haven't been a negative to you, living in TV. Or perhaps that they were negative, but he is how you dealt with them.

Finally, I never see the purpose of being rude and mean to people on any discussion list. Hutch for me, and I'm in your shoes having not been there yet, I sure wouldn't let anything you read here positive or negative make up your mind. TV will let you stay during the summer months for $100 a night. I've seen 3 bedroom houses you can rent from individuals for $650 a month in the summer. Pretty darn cheap vacations and you can make up your own mind. I would also point out there are numerous other developments near TV, although, not nearly as big, of course; You could visit some of those also, Best of luck to you.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:40 AM

hutch
It is quite busy and crowded in the areas south of 466. I live just north of 466, and find the whole area has much less traffic and rudeness. I also have very easy trips to both sumter landing and spanish springs as well as shopping on 441 and southern trace plaza. you should keep the visit and check out all areas of the villages for yourself. the most important thing when buying a home is deciding what area you want to live in.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.