Be careful out there!!!

Closed Thread
Old 01-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009
Default Be careful out there!!!

It is the Season of Fear here in TV...... on the roads and cart paths!

In the past few days I've seen:
  • Car in the cart lane for a few blocks....
  • Carts weaving left across the cart path line.....
  • Cars blowing into the round-abouts without slowing...
  • Walkers crossing traffic on Buena Vista (yes there was traffic)...

A few tips for those drivers who need guidance:
  • When taking a turn think Car or Cart...if Car stay out of the Cart lane and if Cart stay to the right of line....
  • Don't race me in the round-about so you can go left while I'm going straight...you will be the one that gets T-Boned right in the driver's door...
  • Walkers, cross the main roads via tunnels.

Live long & prosper!!!

_
Old 01-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Veteran member

You forgot to add people speeding out of the tunnels and turning without looking both ways...we almost had a collision on the way home...never even turned his head! Look for our skid marks near "dead man's curve"!
Old 01-28-2011, 08:27 AM

And Good Luck to all those people who pass me in their souped up golf carts. My speed is fixed at 19MPH so Iknow when you fly by me you are illegal. Rememberthe carts have no seat belts, no airbags, no doors, no reinforced body frames. In an accident you are 100% sure to be ejected, which generally results in serious injury or death. As a former paramedic I have seen enough...so again, as you fly by me speeding to, God only knows what urgent event, Good Luck...you need it.

Brooklyn, NY
Margate, FL
Gillette, WY
Cape Cod (Brewster), MA
Coral Springs, FL
Pittsburgh, PA
Boynton Beach, FL
Pennecamp 10/29/10
Old 01-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Last night some bozo passed me just prior to entering a tunnel.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default I'm sure you were not including

street legals, because they are legal and have seat belts...probably NOT going to come out on the winning side if hit by a car thou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman931 View Post
And Good Luck to all those people who pass me in their souped up golf carts. My speed is fixed at 19MPH so Iknow when you fly by me you are illegal. Rememberthe carts have no seat belts, no airbags, no doors, no reinforced body frames. In an accident you are 100% sure to be ejected, which generally results in serious injury or death. As a former paramedic I have seen enough...so again, as you fly by me speeding to, God only knows what urgent event, Good Luck...you need it.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Gold member

At the Morse/El Camino circle this morning, a golf car was waved across by a motorist only to be almost "creamed" by a second motorist in the other lane who didn't know the golf car was prompted to proceed. Motorists: DO NOT wave a golf car on at any time especially when there are two lanes of traffic.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Veteran member

Golf carts who seem to think they have the right of way and pull out in front of cars who are going thru the gates also are something to be reckoned with.

Then there's the cars who pull out in front of other cars *already* in the round abouts. That triangler sign means for the former car to do just that...YIELD!!!! I had to apply my brakes the other day so as not to cream such a car. Then it could have been a rear-ended kind of thing as there may have been vehicles coming behind.

With the "high season" here we ALL need to be on our toes whether driving a golf-cart OR a car.....nonetheless it always makes me nervous to venture out.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkret View Post
At the Morse/El Camino circle this morning, a golf car was waved across by a motorist only to be almost "creamed" by a second motorist in the other lane who didn't know the golf car was prompted to proceed. Motorists: DO NOT wave a golf car on at any time especially when there are two lanes of traffic.

We can scream to high heaven about this and people will still do it. They apparently don't read Talk of The Villages.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:53 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to BlueHeronFan
Default Time for police speed checks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman931 View Post
Old 01-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Sage

Yesterday at the Bonita gate, I saw two SUVs, apparently following each other, try to exit via the visitor's side entry gate. They couldn't figure out why the gate arm wouldn't open. Duh!!!

Feb 1st is Tuesday.... Be ready for a new round of renters finding their way around. The first few days of every month produce some of the wackiest driving.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.