Cart Driver who hit bicylist Cited

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2012, 04:23 AM
Veteran member

Until you can enforce the speed and other regulations for the carts, you will not stop the craziness. That is the bottom line.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Now pray tell, how in the world would this be accomplished?
Where do you propose the check points should be?
We may need TV stickers on registered vehicles in TV

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 03-23-2012, 06:51 AM
Veteran member

What about the gas powered scoots on the cart path should they be allowed.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:52 AM
Veteran member
Default Liability

The driver will get what's coming to him when he finds himself in court. He'll no doubt pay bigtime for his negligence, as he certainly should. I hope the victim has a very good lawyer.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:45 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Parker

unfortunately, agree. I am not a sue happy person but you know that those healed bones (I sure hope they heal well) will never be like before....ie arthritis and or pain.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedoman View Post
We may need TV stickers on registered vehicles in TV
OooooooNO,NO, if we keep givin TV ideas they WILL use umm. It will be just another Tax for us too pay!!!!

Sheeeesh!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:57 PM

I have an LSV (NEV) and I can't count the times I'm going 25mph on the road and a gas cart zooms by me like I was sitting still. This happens frequently on Canal and also on St. Charles near the Sterling Heights RC. But LSVs have disc brakes, seatbelts, and other safety gear not found in regular carts. I wonder if some of these people could even stop a regular cart doing 30+mph if someone pulled/stepped out in front of them not realizing their excessive speed? I agree, enforce the speed limits!
Old 03-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Gold member
Default Good Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomW View Post
I have an LSV (NEV) and I can't count the times I'm going 25mph on the road and a gas cart zooms by me like I was sitting still. This happens frequently on Canal and also on St. Charles near the Sterling Heights RC. But LSVs have disc brakes, seatbelts, and other safety gear not found in regular carts. I wonder if some of these people could even stop a regular cart doing 30+mph if someone pulled/stepped out in front of them not realizing their excessive speed? I agree, enforce the speed limits!
Excellent point. The modified Golf Carts are not set up to handle steer or stop at 30 mph.

Yes a Car can have passing power and go much faster as some have argued. The point is while the car can go the speed limit or exceed it. The Car is still designed to stop and steer.

I just don't understand the big hurry. The cart paths IMHO do not appear to be designed or set up for speeds above 25. Just look at how dangerous it is coming into or out of some tunnels.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:51 PM
Default Golf Cart Lending

Sorry to hear about this accident. Regarding this accident are you all aware that anytime a neighbor or friend borrows your golf cart with your permission in florida the owner is 100% percent liable for any property damage or personal injury and if the plaintiff's atty chooses (which they will) you will be sued. I checked this out with our agent. It is even possible that your insurance will not cover if the driver was breaking the law i.e. DUI or speeding. Sorry to side track this thread but we have had to tell many of our neighbors who have asked to borrow our cart while we are out of town... "Sorry we can not risk everything we worked for our entire lives to save you the cost of renting a cart for your guest".
Old 04-20-2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Reported in Daily Sun today that the cart driver who hit the bicycle rider near Ternberry and Buena Vista on the cart path was cited for careless driving.
The driver, from Oxford, told deputies he was under doctors orders not to operate a motor vehicle after receiving care for a brain injury. He said he didn't consider a golf cart a motor vehicle. According to the report he was wearing a headset and listening to music at the time of the collision.
The bicylist was listed in stable condition at an Orlando hospital.

I guess one never knows what is coming down the cart path towards you!
Yeah well I know this person and he is the sweetest person you would ever want to meet and he has no restrictions on driving. He was freaked out when he saw the bicyclist had hit him, panicked, and immediately tried to get to the biker. They were both coming around a curve in the opposite direction so I don't think either one saw the other coming. I know he has been praying for him everyday.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Horrible for sure.

Reminds me of a story where a man was golfing as a "single". Asked the folks he was put with to tell him where his ball went as he was 'legally blind'. After the game was done he was observed putting his clubs in a car (not a cart) and drove off!!!!!!! THAT too is what we're up againest here!!!

Ever wonder why the fence is out on the multi-model path over by the hospice on 466?? It's on one of the curves.... Someone going too fast could have done it but that too is scarey!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
unfortunately, agree. I am not a sue happy person but you know that those healed bones (I sure hope they heal well) will never be like before....ie arthritis and or pain.
I agree. The victim needs a VERY good lawyer. He not only has trauma from this, but will probably need continued medical services.

As to headphones? NEVER. Go home and listen to your radio dude!

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.