Cart path closing

Closed Thread
Old 08-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Sage
Default Cart path closing

Driving on Paradise Drive in the Historic Side this afternoon, we noticed signs and gates at the entrance to the path that goes all the way to Lowe's and Walmart along st. Rt. 441. The sign says: Construction Alert! This path will be closed at 6 a.m. Saturday August 10.

The gates will block entry from Paradise to the path that TV maintains which has pavers and lights. It goes into the parking lot for several medical offices before going through the recently paved path by the new assisted living facility and onto Lowe's.

Curious as to what was going on, I called someone I know who works for the VCDD and was told that the Villages Hospital owns the property and the powers-that-be are closing access to golf carts to that area permanently. Why? I don't know.

I am very upset and confused. Does anyone know anything more about this? Not only will it prevent Villagers from going by cart to many, many businesses and doctors' offices, it will prevent people in the other neighboring developments from coming into TV on their golf carts.

Why?

closing1_zps0cf58468.jpg Photo by bkcunningham1 | Photobucket
Old 08-09-2013, 07:48 PM
Veteran member

I went through there this afternoon, its for saturday only as I read it.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:52 PM
Sage

That isn't what District Property Management told my friend who works for the VCDD.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:38 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Driving on Paradise Drive in the Historic Side this afternoon, we noticed signs and gates at the entrance to the path that goes all the way to Lowe's and Walmart along st. Rt. 441. The sign says: Construction Alert! This path will be closed at 6 a.m. Saturday August 10.

The gates will block entry from Paradise to the path that TV maintains which has pavers and lights. It goes into the parking lot for several medical offices before going through the recently paved path by the new assisted living facility and onto Lowe's.

Curious as to what was going on, I called someone I know who works for the VCDD and was told that the Villages Hospital owns the property and the powers-that-be are closing access to golf carts to that area permanently. Why? I don't know.

I am very upset and confused. Does anyone know anything more about this? Not only will it prevent Villagers from going by cart to many, many businesses and doctors' offices, it will prevent people in the other neighboring developments from coming into TV on their golf carts.

Why?

closing1_zps0cf58468.jpg Photo by bkcunningham1 | Photobucket
If you go to Village Community Development Districts you might be able to find out all that information
Old 08-10-2013, 06:43 AM
Veteran member

So, you heard it third hand and are posting it here as fact?

Quote:
That isn't what District Property Management told my friend who works for the VCDD.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:11 AM
Gold member

Lets hope its just temporary to install posts to prevent cars from crossing through. Looks like that has been happening. (scrapes on the center curb).
Just takes a few bad apples to ruin it for everybody...
Old 08-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
...the Villages Hospital owns the property and the powers-that-be are closing access to golf carts to that area permanently...
seems unlikely, in that the Villages Hospital has recently been advising people to use their Urgent Care facility (rather than ER) for non-emergencies, and that is only accessible in a golf cart by using this pathway

however, stranger things have happened!
Old 08-10-2013, 08:36 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe

PLZ give BK a break, he just wanted to know what others knew of the situation and he was asking the question anyway. It definitely affect many if it was closed.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:57 AM
Sage

There is now a concrete wall blocking entry. What a sad shame. No warning. No explanation. I don't see anything on the VCDD website. But I called the VCDD and got the information that is will not reopen. Because of Florida's Sunshine Laws, they are very upfront with information and they contacted the proper channels. I don't consider it third-hand information. It is facts.

Thank you ssmith. You are very fair and very kind. BTW. I'm a she.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
There is now a concrete wall blocking entry. What a sad shame. No warning. No explanation. I don't see anything on the VCDD website. But I called the VCDD and got the information that is will not reopen. Because of Florida's Sunshine Laws, they are very upfront with information and they contacted the proper channels. I don't consider it third-hand information. It is facts.
Gee this is bad news.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Gold member

Just returned from there.
Construction crew was there, said the closing is permanent, they had instructions to build a wall.
Seems like we are not in a golf cart friendly community, as we had thought.
Hope this can be resolved , somehow...
Old 08-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Veteran member

We were just there in our cart. There must have been 15-20 carts sitting there AND a couple stuck on the other side of this wall!!! These people worked at Walmart and Lowe's and got walled out! How are they supposed to get home now? This is a golf cart community. One woman was in tears because she doesn't have a car and that's where her Dr is !

A VERY bad idea that no doubt will bring in a lot of calls and complaints. What was TV thinking doing this???
Old 08-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo View Post
We were just there in our cart. There must have been 15-20 carts sitting there AND a couple stuck on the other side of this wall!!! These people worked at Walmart and Lowe's and got walled out! How are they supposed to get home now? This is a golf cart community. One woman was in tears because she doesn't have a car and that's where her Dr is !

A VERY bad idea that no doubt will bring in a lot of calls and complaints. What was TV thinking doing this???
It is mind-boggling to us too. We have friends whose adult daughter is handicapped and works at Walmart. She drives a golf cart and it gives her great independence. I thought of them first and other friends who don't have autos who will be negatively impacted by this crazy fence.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default ooops

seems I have confused BK 1 with BK2. Sorry
Old 08-10-2013, 11:19 AM

The question is:

Are they trying to keep people in or are they trying to keep people out?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.