Cart path closing

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAVEWS View Post
Valid point,they could lose that phrase in their advertizing and not much would change. I would guess that when TV is pitching their commercial properties to would be merchants that they include Stonecrest in the population figures.
Really? You think that 104,000 makes a difference compared to 100,000?

But I do think that it is probable that the Villages uses the populations of Summerfield, Belleview, Fruitland Park, Wildwood and Leesburg to sell commercial properties as we attract customers, in cars, from all those communities.

For those of you who may not understand how big the Villages is, it is bigger than Ocala and Leesburg combined. I don't think that it's that much of an advantage for businesses in the Villages to be near those communities as is it for businesses in the surrounding communities to have the Villages nearby.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Wow: I will PM you too but I did not write this and I am very upset that someone would steal my identity. I never posted on the village news nor clicked on it.
Rubicon: I sent you a PM. And, as you will see, it looks like someone is definitely using your moniker.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp001 View Post
Couldn't disagree more...They ONLY represent the developer and his needs
Are the members of the VHA not residents of The Villages? Do they not have a neighborhood representative in every neighborhood that represents the residents of those neighborhoods? Are all of those representatives pawns of the developer as well?

You can have your opinion, but I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't state it as fact.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:04 PM
Veteran member
Default pawns? yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Are the members of the VHA not residents of The Villages? Do they not have a neighborhood representative in every neighborhood that represents the residents of those neighborhoods? Are all of those representatives pawns of the developer as well?

You can have your opinion, but I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't state it as fact.

As should you.............Frankly, I don't care WHAT you appreciate...I'VE SEEN YOUR VERSION OF THE FACTS CHANGE SEVERAL TIMES DURING THIS DISCUSSION.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
As should you.............Frankly, I don't care WHAT you appreciate...I'VE SEEN YOUR VERSION OF THE FACTS CHANGE SEVERAL TIMES DURING THIS DISCUSSION.
Wow, your comment is not productive or kind at all. Please be civil, and Winston is trying his best as always to have productive discussions. Thanks
Old 08-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

Again, please, stay on topic and do NOT direct comments at other site members. Respect and civility are expected.

TVMayor
Old 08-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
1600 in Spruce Creek South
Thank you, NoMoSno
Old 08-18-2013, 03:46 PM
TOTV Moderator

Original topic has seen some resolution at this point. Discussion is straying off topic. Additional actions regarding the situation will be addressed this upcoming week and can be discussed in new threads.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.