Cart path to Lowes 441 may get paved

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Gold member
Default Cart path to Lowes 441 may get paved

I’ve not traveled on the dirt cart path between Lowes and the historic district for several months but yesterday I noticed a big sign had been erected there with the following notice. (Note that the Commissioners did approve the plan at the 2/14/12 meeting so it looks like that area will get paved eventually.)

TO ALL GOLF CART USERS and THEIR FRIENDS:
Here is some additional information on the proposed assisted living facility ("ALF"). Very positively, the proposed facility has already received unanimous support from the Sumter County Planning Staff, the Development Review Committee and also from The Zoning and Adjustment Board. The last step is approval from the Sumter County Commissioners next Tuesday evening, February 14,2012.

We have also included a note of thanks to show your appreciation to The Villages Health System, Central Florida Health Alliance and the owners of The Villages for agreeing to work with Mr. Brown to provide legal access to Mr. Brown's property as well as to the many businesses that greatly appreciate your business. There are a select few people who have considered closing the legal access to Mr. Brown's property and the businesses beyond. Your support for the ALF, and also your thanks to above organizations, will aid in convincing them to continue to work with Mr. Brown to keep this access available for all golf cart users, and as a BONUS, you will soon have PAVED road across Mr. Brown's property.

If you have friends and neighbors who desire to keep their golf cart access, we encourage you to have them sign a Support Form as well. The more of you who sign these, the less likely it is that the few who desire to block this access could ever be successful. If need be, we will deliver these signed Support Forms to each of the five (5) Sumter County Commissioners at the BOCC meeting on 2/14/12 to let them know the importance of your voice.

Mr. Brown asks that each one of you please take extra caution when traveling across his land and also the East Campus of The Villages Hospital as well as in your travels within The Villages. Some of those who oppose keeping this path open may try to close it using safety concerns as their reason.

We will keep all the signed Support Forms on file, and in the event we have any important news (such as an effort to close the path), we will contact you immediately. The easiest method of contact is email or regular mail, so we ask that you fill out the address section completely. If needed, we have reserved the domain name of bumpyroadwarriors.com to rally the troops should it become necessary. It is not active at this time but we will have it up within 48 hours if needed.

Again Mr. Brown encourages you to continue to utilize the existing golf cart path across his property, and in the event anyone should attempt to close it off, rest assured that Mr. Brown will immediately notify you regarding who is behind the effort. He will also join in the effort to make sure it stays open.

Just FYI, Harbor Retirement Associates, LLC, is the owner/developer of the assisted living facility with whom we are under contract. Their project will fit in nicely with the surrounding medical uses, and we encourage you to visit their website at Retirement Communities | Assisted Living, Memory Care & Skilled Nursing | Harbor Retirement Associates, LLC (HRA) to learn about the excellent choices they offer.

Please feel free to email me at Cheryl@characteroaksrealestate, if you have any questions at all.

Thanks and Happy Valentine's Day,
Cheryl Pence
Character Oaks Real Estate
Old 04-22-2012, 08:26 AM
Sage

Thanks for the info, EdVin! I'm going to send her an e-mail to see if there's a way to fill out one of those Support Forms electronically.

I suspect her e-mail address is missing the '.com' at the end. Should be:

Cheryl@characteroaksrealestate.com

Bill
Old 04-22-2012, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

This will make it easier for folks living in Stonecrest to access The Villages and tour on the cart paths. Just what we need more carts on the paths.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
This will make it easier for folks living in Stonecrest to access The Villages and tour on the cart paths. Just what we need more carts on the paths.
Don't you have a buddy in Stonecrest? I kind of remember some type of banter.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default TV

What says TV won't close the short cut if it gets paved just to prevent extra traffic to TV.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:31 AM
Sage

Quote:

What are the best cart path tours?

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 04-22-2012, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
What are the best cart path tours?

a : a journey for business, pleasure, or education often involving a series of stops and ending at the starting point.
The best tours are the self guided ones.............
Old 04-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdVinMass View Post
I’ve not traveled on the dirt cart path between Lowes and the historic district for several months but yesterday I noticed a big sign had been erected there with the following notice. (Note that the Commissioners did approve the plan at the 2/14/12 meeting so it looks like that area will get paved eventually.)

TO ALL GOLF CART USERS and THEIR FRIENDS:
Here is some additional information on the proposed assisted living facility ("ALF"). Very positively, the proposed facility has already received unanimous support from the Sumter County Planning Staff, the Development Review Committee and also from The Zoning and Adjustment Board. The last step is approval from the Sumter County Commissioners next Tuesday evening, February 14,2012.

We have also included a note of thanks to show your appreciation to The Villages Health System, Central Florida Health Alliance and the owners of The Villages for agreeing to work with Mr. Brown to provide legal access to Mr. Brown's property as well as to the many businesses that greatly appreciate your business. There are a select few people who have considered closing the legal access to Mr. Brown's property and the businesses beyond. Your support for the ALF, and also your thanks to above organizations, will aid in convincing them to continue to work with Mr. Brown to keep this access available for all golf cart users, and as a BONUS, you will soon have PAVED road across Mr. Brown's property.

If you have friends and neighbors who desire to keep their golf cart access, we encourage you to have them sign a Support Form as well. The more of you who sign these, the less likely it is that the few who desire to block this access could ever be successful. If need be, we will deliver these signed Support Forms to each of the five (5) Sumter County Commissioners at the BOCC meeting on 2/14/12 to let them know the importance of your voice.

Mr. Brown asks that each one of you please take extra caution when traveling across his land and also the East Campus of The Villages Hospital as well as in your travels within The Villages. Some of those who oppose keeping this path open may try to close it using safety concerns as their reason.

We will keep all the signed Support Forms on file, and in the event we have any important news (such as an effort to close the path), we will contact you immediately. The easiest method of contact is email or regular mail, so we ask that you fill out the address section completely. If needed, we have reserved the domain name of bumpyroadwarriors.com to rally the troops should it become necessary. It is not active at this time but we will have it up within 48 hours if needed.

Again Mr. Brown encourages you to continue to utilize the existing golf cart path across his property, and in the event anyone should attempt to close it off, rest assured that Mr. Brown will immediately notify you regarding who is behind the effort. He will also join in the effort to make sure it stays open.

Just FYI, Harbor Retirement Associates, LLC, is the owner/developer of the assisted living facility with whom we are under contract. Their project will fit in nicely with the surrounding medical uses, and we encourage you to visit their website at Retirement Communities | Assisted Living, Memory Care & Skilled Nursing | Harbor Retirement Associates, LLC (HRA) to learn about the excellent choices they offer.

Please feel free to email me at Cheryl@characteroaksrealestate, if you have any questions at all.

Thanks and Happy Valentine's Day,
Cheryl Pence
Character Oaks Real Estate

I had a nail appointment one day and while traveling across the path was actually approached by a woman who identified herself as the attorney for the group working to get the assisted living facility approved. I was on a schedule and not able to ask any questions directly to the woman. But something about the wording of the petition bothered me.

First, the petition was to obtain approval of the assisted living facility. Second, who is and who is able to close access to carts across Mr. Brown's private property? It just seemed a little shady to me. I didn't ask anyone who was gathering signatures these questions. To be honest, we've had so much company, it was the last thing on my mind until we saw the survey stakes.

Have you seen the survey stakes for the facility? It it a very large facility. I wonder what will happen to the current route during construction. Will carts be allowed to go through a construction site?

My rant here isn't for or against the facility. It is just that I don't sign anything without fully understanding.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
I had a nail appointment one day and while traveling across the path was actually approached by a woman who identified herself as the attorney for the group working to get the assisted living facility approved. I was on a schedule and not able to ask any questions directly to the woman. But something about the wording of the petition bothered me.

First, the petition was to obtain approval of the assisted living facility. Second, who is and who is able to close access to carts across Mr. Brown's private property? It just seemed a little shady to me. I didn't ask anyone who was gathering signatures these questions. To be honest, we've had so much company, it was the last thing on my mind until we saw the survey stakes.

Have you seen the survey stakes for the facility? It it a very large facility. I wonder what will happen to the current route during construction. Will carts be allowed to go through a construction site?

My rant here isn't for or against the facility. It is just that I don't sign anything without fully understanding.

Usually during a large construction project the entire area is closed off by fence due to liability issues. Just look at the old bank parcel in front of lowes or the assisted living place on 466A.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Usually during a large construction project the entire area is closed off by fence due to liability issues. Just look at the old bank parcel in front of lowes or the assisted living place on 466A.
That was just one my concerns. Thanks, skip. I suppose I should look at the minutes of the various boards involved to see if this was addressed. Did anyone on TOTV happen to go to any of the meetings?
Old 04-22-2012, 05:07 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I doubt that the many advertisers that pay to advertise in this great forum agree with your isolationist opinions.

The whole idea of the petition as I see it was to prevent such ideas from preventing the many thousands of Villagers from having convenient access to Lowes, Wal-Mart, Alde’s etc. from the north side of TV.

I don’t have a dog in this fight because I have a street legal LSV and can go where I like.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Default Mr Brown's path

Not to worry, if the path is closed during construction I'm sure Wally-World, Lowes, Bealls and Aldi will build a bridge for carts just to keep the business!

Old 04-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Thanks for the info, EdVin! I'm going to send her an e-mail to see if there's a way to fill out one of those Support Forms electronically.

I suspect her e-mail address is missing the '.com' at the end. Should be:

Cheryl@characteroaksrealestate.com

Bill
Some follow-up:

I did indeed send an e-mail to Cheryl on Sunday at the address noted .......and have not received a reply. My original e-mail didn't kick back to me so the e-mail address was undoubtedly valid.

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.