Cart Path South of Laurel Manor

Old 03-17-2024, 03:57 PM
Gold member
Default Cart Path South of Laurel Manor

Here's an interesting one from The Villages News: A man who lives near a cart path is complaining that there are too many carts driving on the path. I'm not familiar with that path it runs to the Laurel Manor rec & north of 466 or to the right to MMPs that look like they might take you anywhere you want to go.

Does he have a valid complaint? Or is it a case of high season, expansion of The Villages, & general increase in cart traffic?

***news/2024/03/16/villager-counts-up-to-1800-golf-carts-per-day-using-cut-through-near-his-house/
Old 03-17-2024, 04:07 PM

What is interesting is that is the path that The Villages free app indicated I should take when going from Sandlebrook to the Lake Miona rec center. So I suspect some of that traffic is being sent that way from The Villages app.
Old 03-17-2024, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,278 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
Here's an interesting one from The Villages News: A man who lives near a cart path is complaining that there are too many carts driving on the path. I'm not familiar with that path it runs to the Laurel Manor rec & north of 466 or to the right to MMPs that look like they might take you anywhere you want to go.

Does he have a valid complaint? Or is it a case of high season, expansion of The Villages, & general increase in cart traffic?

***news/2024/03/16/villager-counts-up-to-1800-golf-carts-per-day-using-cut-through-near-his-house/
Unless he's the original owner, and moved in before that path was in place, no... (and I doubt that's the case...)

Otherwise, he knew it was there when he bought the house...

I don't think it's due to expansion of TV. That cut thru is pretty far north. I would wager that not too many people south of 44 would travel that far nort via golf cart...

Oh, wait... Was that bashing those south of 44?

-Tom Petty
Old 03-17-2024, 06:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

The complaint is that cart traffic is cutting thru the village of Winifred and exiting from a cul-da-sac on the south side of Laurel Manor.
Been there since day one……..
I am guilty of using this route.
Old 03-17-2024, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
What is interesting is that is the path that The Villages free app indicated I should take when going from Sandlebrook to the Lake Miona rec center. So I suspect some of that traffic is being sent that way from The Villages app.
Did you enter the Winifred village?
Old 03-17-2024, 06:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
The complaint is that cart traffic is cutting thru the village of Winifred and exiting from a cul-da-sac on the south side of Laurel Manor.
Don't feel "guilty". It is a legitimate cut through/ROW, and it's the only way I go to Glenview or Lopez. The whining complainer bought a house (one of 2) on either side of that path with full knowledge that it was there. It's just like those who bought near the turnpike and now want something done about the noise or those who bought near the railroad tracks and don't think trains should blow whistles. This clown can either shut his pie hole, buy ear plugs, or move.
Old 03-17-2024, 07:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Dam, it just got busier. A newly learned cut thru is on the agenda.
Old 03-17-2024, 08:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,609 Times in 946 Posts

I just looked at the “cut through” on google maps. The road is literally called “Cart Rd”.
Old 03-18-2024, 05:15 AM
Veteran member

He has a valid complaint. I would not like to live in that area of Kingston St. Constant golf cart traffic all day long, all year long.
Old 03-18-2024, 05:26 AM

It’s just people moving into an existing area next to an airport then complaining about the airplane noise.
We had a person move on the lake and then started complaining about boat noise.
It takes all kinds!
Old 03-18-2024, 05:28 AM

Buyer beware, path was no surprise when home was purchased. He will be selling soon, bad news is the property value is now lower due to all the attention now brought on this issue. Better off saying nothing and selling during slow seson
Old 03-18-2024, 05:50 AM

I have a friend who lives on dump road and is always complaining that dump trucks keep passing his house. Sell and buy another house.
Old 03-18-2024, 05:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
He has a valid complaint. I would not like to live in that area of Kingston St. Constant golf cart traffic all day long, all year long.
Then don't buy there. His complaint has no validity whatsoever.

Also, I have to wonder if he paid less for his home than equivalent homes 1/2 a block away.
That would be like buying generic green beans and then complaining they are not as good as Green Giant
Old 03-18-2024, 07:19 AM

People will complain about anything. That cart path cut thru was there when he bought. Too bad for him that he didn't realize as the community grew traffic would increase. I personally have used that cut thru ever since the Village of Winifred was built. I use the pool there sometimes too, what's next, a complaint that people thar don't live in Winifred shouldn't use their pool. The roads belong to all residents, so all can use them. If he doesn't like it, he should move.
Old 03-18-2024, 07:19 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingal View Post
Well. Then don’t buy a house there. Easy. The complaint is ridiculous

Tags
path, cart, manor, villages, laurel

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.