Cart paths

Closed Thread
Old 01-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Veteran member
Default Cart paths

Maybe it's just me but the car paths from 466a to brownwood are very dark at night and could use reflectors down the middle or on each side. When you get to brownwood that round-about is very confusing. Or maybe i am just getting senile and need to complain about everything.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Not just you. I'm patiently waiting for someone to have too much at World of Beer and drive their cart right on to Buena Vista. Or, worse yet, have a serious accident in their cart. Sadly, it's one of those things you kind of learn to adjust to here. I don't think any of the cart paths are really well marked.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Veteran member

I thought I read that a yellow line was going to be painted down the middle of all paths? That would certainly be a big help, I would think.

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
Old 01-01-2014, 08:38 PM

There are no signs either, very easy to make a wrong turn.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Gold member

Reflectors in the middle would be a great addition for safety reasons. All the cart paths are too dark.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,388 Posts

For a long time when we were among the first families to move south of 466 (not 466A) some 10 years ago.....no Arnold Palmer CC, no Lake Somter Landing....our complaints about the " Multi modal paths" were the similar to those mentioned above except for select unique issues near Brownwood.

It all progressed quite well.

I agree the yellow reflective stripe down the center of all the paths would go a long way toward improved safety.

Remember to put that in this years survey.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:43 PM

There are a lot of areas around that need more lighting.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,413 Times in 2,413 Posts

From the January POA Bulletin, AAC minutes.
At the request of a Committee member, the AAC agreed to provide the funds to paint a center line on the Buena Vista (north of CR 466) and El Camino Real recreation trails. The trails are owned by the individ-ual numbered Districts, so they will have to approve the project. Future line mainte-nance to be provided by the AAC.

http://www.poa4us.org/bulletins_file...etin201401.pdf
Old 01-02-2014, 10:01 AM

Rocketman you are right on this one! That area is down right scary to drive at night and I am not talking when alcohol is involved. It is very dark. We found the amount of twists and turns, not to mention the roundabout without any lights, very difficult to follow. We were wishing our golf cart had high beams!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.