Cart World, Electric Carts

Closed Thread
Old 01-20-2021, 08:13 AM
Default Cart World, Electric Carts

I bought a new cart from Cart World. After a few weeks, there was a rattling sound that I asked them to fix. Twice they came to my home, heard the noise in the framework, removed the canopy, and could not find what caused the noise. The third time, they took the cart to their site, where the service manager was unable to find the cause, so he decided to lie, and say the noise was coming from a license plate in the rear. Keep in mind, the first two attempts proved the noise was not the license plate, as his own techs removed the canopy because that is where they heard the noise. Anyway, the owner told me, he would no longer honor the warranty, as he had done all he can. I had a local handyman come and remove the canopy, then, with a magnetic clamp, removed a 3" piece of metal that had come loose, proving again, the service manager lied. During this first 5 months, the front tires went bald. I could not go to Cart World again, instead bringing it to The Villages Carts, where they told me the cart was out of alignment, probably since I received it, causing the tires to go bald so fast. In other words, I received the cart that way and Cart World never inspected the cart before delivering it. After a year, the batteries began acting off, sometimes going 40 miles on a charge, sometimes I couldn't go 10 miles. Three times I had this checked, and three times no one could fix it, with The Villages Carts telling me, these carts are not supposed to go more than 21 miles on a full charge, per Club Car specs. This after the owner of Cart World telling me, it should go 40+ for at least 3 years, another lie. Club Car uses the cheapest, most failing batteries possible.
So basically, Cart World sold me a bad cart, on fake promises. No electric Club Car cart they sell is made for The Villages, where golf courses and other sites are more than 10 miles away.
One more thing, when Club Car called Cart World, and asked what was the problem with my cart, another service manager replied, he was fixing my cart at that very moment. That was a direct lie, as my cart was not at their site, instead, it was at The Villages Carts.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:30 AM
Veteran member

the cart shop in the villages in brownwood, same thing to me.
Old 01-20-2021, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

I hate when dealers are incompetent crooks, but it seems like that happens a lot.
My empathy, good luck with the cart going forward.
Old 01-20-2021, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Seems like that rattle problem is something they should be able to fix or at least know about, here's a complaint from 2019.

Cart World
Old 01-20-2021, 05:16 PM

i had a 2019 gas cart. from the villages i had a lot of trubble with it. after i would di all the time.. my buddy next door had a friend fix it the wires ware bare . put a new wier and it was fixed i payed him $50 and it was teh best $50 i ever payed
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, world, noise, carts, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.